It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Students Suspended For Holding Airsoft Guns In Picture Taken At HOME.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Being gay is not everything a gay person is. It's pretty fundamental though. That's like saying being short or black or crippled is wrong. It's something they can't change. It's nothing like a religious belief or a political opinion or something that can be right or wrong.

So how is being gay wrong? Hire can you say being gay is wing and respect them still? You can't respect then much if you want your child to think they're wrong and anyone saying they might be good people is brainwashing your child.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

It does matter. You equated being gay to holding a religious belief.

I equated it to another common way people believe someone is wrong, but still respect them.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Being gay is not everything a gay person is. It's pretty fundamental though.

You mean like ... a religious belief is pretty fundamental to many people?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You can be wrong about an opinion or a position or an action. You can't be wrong for being human. If I'm wrong about that please explain why.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Religion is a choice. I know plenty of people who have given up religion or taken up a new one or raised their children with two religions and let them choose when they were older. Being gay is not a choice.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Religion is a choice. I know plenty of people who have given up religion or taken up a new one or raised their children with two religions and let them choose when they were older. Being gay is not a choice.

I know plenty of women who chose to be Lesbian because they got sick of men cheating on them.

So now tell me how it's ok to think they are misguided by being gay, but you can't think what they are doing is wrong.

Oh, and BTW Pedophilia has a biological link as well, they are also "born that way".
edit on 1-11-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Perhaps they are bisexual? Perhaps sexuality isn't set in stone? Maybe imposing strict binary labels are insufficient?

Let me ask you this. At what age did you choose to be straight? Why did you choose to be straight?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Lol pedophilia is linked biologically to homosexuality? Then how come so many young girls get touched by they uncles or dads? Why do so many straight female teachers sleep with male students.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Perhaps they are bisexual? Perhaps sexuality isn't set in stone? Maybe imposing strict binary labels are insufficient?

Let me ask you this. At what age did you choose to be straight? Why did you choose to be straight?

Meaningless. Has nothing at all to do with what I stated, which is that you an believe what a person does is wrong, while still respecting them and loving them.

Also, you are the one who said it was set in stone .. at birth. I am glad you are challenging that belief. It's quite a bit more complicated than that.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Lol pedophilia is linked biologically to homosexuality?

No, Pedophilia is linked to biology, the same way homosexuality is. So if we choose to believe people are "born that way", then you have to accept they are both born that way. If being born that way is a qualifier that makes it morally acceptable, then both have that same qualifier.

If you choose to take a simple narrow view, as you have done, you will encounter problems. Things are not so black and white as you would claim, they are quite a bit more complicated.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

But you dying think gay people are good? How is that respect? I'm missing your point. What does respect mean to you?

Also how is asking when you chose to be straight meaningless? You said sexuality is a choice. When did you pick yours?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

No, Pedophilia is linked to biology

that being the case with so much speculation that the elites engage in all sorts of atrocities relating to children by your statement i would believe it is time to eradicate some of the bloodlines that are prone to this kind of sick behaviour

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

But you dying think gay people are good? How is that respect? I'm missing your point. What does respect mean to you?

So someone has to be perfect in all ways and never make any choice you disagree with or you can not respect them?

Jesus said this ...

Mat 5:47

And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

That is respect. Respect is shown more when you disagree with someone than when you agree with them.

Also how is asking when you chose to be straight meaningless? You said sexuality is a choice. When did you pick yours?

Meaningless because we are not talking about me and I already dealt with the issue of choice. Of course you ignored that part of my post where I answered your question.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

that being the case with so much speculation that the elites engage in all sorts of atrocities relating to children by your statement i would believe it is time to eradicate some of the bloodlines that are prone to this kind of sick behaviour

I would be happy if all those in power lost it.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

you and me both

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

you and me both

Dem and Rep are two sides of the same dirty coin and the only question is which side will be more tarnished than the other.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Dude I've addressed almost everything from your responses. Tell me what I missed and I'll keep going.

I have yet to just say "meaningless" or "red herring" to one of your posts. You've done it to me several times. So stop accusing me of ignoring points when you ignore mine

If sexuality is a choice at what age did you choose to be straight and why? It's highly relevant to the conversation. I can tell you when I finally realized the truth about myself. I never made a choice :p.

How about you show me some respect

We are taking about sexuality so unless you are asexual your personal experience is highly relevant. I've never met someone who chose to be straight. So I'd love to hear about this phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Two adults having consensual sex is not a problem. An adult having sex with a child is. Being gay and being a pedophilia are unrelated. Being straight and being a pedophile are unrelated. Neither being gay or straight harms children

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

you and me both

Dem and Rep are two sides of the same dirty coin and the only question is which side will be more tarnished than the other.

some DNA testing may just answer that question

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Dude I've addressed almost everything from your responses. Tell me what I missed and I'll keep going.

This is what you did not address, which is the reply for the "no choice" angle.

No, Pedophilia is linked to biology, the same way homosexuality is. So if we choose to believe people are "born that way", then you have to accept they are both born that way. If being born that way is a qualifier that makes it morally acceptable, then both have that same qualifier.

If you choose to take a simple narrow view, as you have done, you will encounter problems. Things are not so black and white as you would claim, they are quite a bit more complicated.

I have yet to just say "meaningless" or "red herring" to one of your posts. You've done it to me several times. So stop accusing me of ignoring points when you ignore mine

Because I do not use red-herrings. When I do point them out. The statue of Liberty is shorter than the Eiffel Tower may be a point, but it has nothing to do with the topic. I stay on topic, as long as you do I will keep replying.

If sexuality is a choice at what age did you choose to be straight and why? It's highly relevant to the conversation. I can tell you when I finally realized the truth about myself. I never made a choice :p.

Answered up above.

How about you show me some respect

We are taking about sexuality so unless you are asexual your personal experience is highly relevant. I've never met someone who chose to be straight. So I'd love to hear about this phenomenon.

Actually argument from personal experience is a form of logical fallacy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join