It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senator Botches Key Obamacare Stat By 900 Percent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink
It was satire man, lighten up.

It wasn't personal.

Have a nice day...

edit on 31-10-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Pelosi publicly stated that “every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”

nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Pelosi publicly stated that “every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.”
nypost.com...

Is this where you pretend you can't tell the difference between miss-speaking and a fabrication?

Your cognitive center deserve better than that.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Is this where you pretend you can't tell the difference between miss-speaking and a fabrication?

Read the article. That "miss-speaking" was done by Pelosi multiple times. There is obviously a difference between a miss-speak and a fabrication... there's isn't much difference between an intentional exaggeration and a fabrication, however. "500 million" was intentional on her part because it carries a lot more impact than 500,000 does... the fact that it was so ridiculous, she was able to use the "miss-speak" defense was just an added bonus for her.

My wallet and my cognitive center deserves better than Obamacare, but that doesn't seem to be a priority to DC so why should me seeing any difference between a dumb-ass Republican senator and a dumb-ass Democrat Housewoman be their priority, either?

:rolleyes:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Read the article. That "miss-speaking" was done by Pelosi multiple times. There is obviously a difference between a miss-speak and a fabrication... there's isn't much difference between an intentional exaggeration and a fabrication, however.

Personally I believe Pelosi to be "ditzy" or perhaps entering the very early stages of Alzheimer's....aside from that she also just rubs me the wrong way. She fumbles for words and misspeaks often.

What you are contending is that she publicly intended to fool national audiences and political fact-checkers into believing that the US population was several Trillion and thus we were losing 500 Million jobs a month?? That no one would be aware that the population of the entire US is around 300 Million? When 500,000 was the accurate number?

Now...healthcare statistics...how many Americans follow those...the GOP senator outright FABRICATED those stats.

originally posted by: [post=18610421]burdman30ott6
My wallet and my cognitive center deserves better than Obamacare, but that doesn't seem to be a priority to DC so why should me seeing any difference between a dumb-ass Republican senator and a dumb-ass Democrat Housewoman be their priority, either?

:rolleyes:

Translation: I hate Obamacare, so lies are OK as long as they serve that theme..

again...your brain deserves better.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

how you got to be a mod i will never know (not terribly surprised however)
a politician does not want to be caught in a lie
there was absolutely zero chance she wouldnt be caught
say what you want about nancy pelosi (i certainly do) but all other considerations aside she is a decent political strategist
i very seriously doubt she would intentionally say 500million knowing full well that she would be called on it
there is nothing to be gained by doing so
it would bring in to question everything else she said (which is exactly the kind of scrutiny politicians desperately try to avoid)

not much of a defense

incompetent......"you betcha"
so devoid of political experience she could possibly twist and contort her mind into thinking something like this would actually work?..... eh.... i have serious doubts

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirhumperdink

how you got to be a mod i will never know

Promotional agreement between The Above Network and Wheaties. Imagine my surprise that day at breakfast when the winning pog fell out of my cereal box!

so devoid of political experience she could possibly twist and contort her mind into thinking something like this would actually work?..... eh.... i have serious doubts

You and Indigo are missing my point entirely. I don't for a minute think that Pelosi or any other politician who makes patently outrageous, unfactual statements does so with any illusion of "getting away with it." They do it knowing they'll be quickly called on it and can brush it aside as a simple "my tongue tripped over my teeth, ha ha ha" while still achieving their desired effect. The human brain and nervous system have a ramp down time between panic and calm, the shift isn't instantaneous (this why when you get an adrenalin rush you have the shakes for several minutes afterward.) Conversely, your panic centers can activate extremely quickly, requiring no ramp up time. "500 million jobs lost per month" is an instantaneous horrifying idea for anyone not quick enough on the uptake to immediately recognize it as being an impossibility. That carries over, even considering the verbal correction by her, making the situation appear much more dire and strumming up support for a stimulus package (which did nothing other than increase the debt, for the record,)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

and you know all of this how?
or is this simply how you would like it to have been?
(because realistically she could have said 5 million and it would have the same psychological impact without being absolutely retarded)
edit on 31-10-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

and you know all of this how?

or is this simply how you would like it to have been?

(because realistically she could have said 5 million and it would have the same psychological impact without being absolutely retarded)

I don't "know" any of it, it's my opinion... If you're looking for "knows", go elsewhere. I hear Webster's is on the up.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why yes people!

As we all know the only politicians that are accountable for what they say is them evil GOPers!!!!

How dare anyone question the other side of the coin.

Called American 'politics'.

Where ITS ALL A LIE.

LOL.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Metallicus
Thank goodness we have a non-partisan point of view from you to point out only Republicans lie.

I didn't get Republicans lie out of this. I got this senator is a liar.

OP started by talking about the GOP. If you did not get Republican's lie then go back and read it again, it was clearly stated.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Metallicus
Thank goodness we have a non-partisan point of view from you to point out only Republicans lie.

I didn't get Republicans lie out of this. I got this senator is a liar.

OP started by talking about the GOP. If you did not get Republican's lie then go back and read it again, it was clearly stated.

The GOP because this guy is a member. This guy is a Republican. That doesn't mean all Republicans lie. It means this guy lies. Think of them as individuals.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I do, problem is the OP did not. He clearly linked this person's actions to all GOP members.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
It took my wife 890 minutes of cell usage to get a policy for our daughter, its super cheap so long as you dont value your time.

Correct...but it took me probably 11 hours of phone time to get a policy via Blue Cross Blue Shield last year..

Agreed that getting healthcare coverage is a painful process that is overly complicated..but it's not exclusive to ACA.

Another great reason for universal health care in the US.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

how you got to be a mod i will never know

Promotional agreement between The Above Network and Wheaties. Imagine my surprise that day at breakfast when the winning pog fell out of my cereal box!

You and Indigo are missing my point entirely. I don't for a minute think that Pelosi or any other politician who makes patently outrageous, unfactual statements does so with any illusion of "getting away with it." They do it knowing they'll be quickly called on it and can brush it aside as a simple "my tongue tripped over my teeth, ha ha ha" while still achieving their desired effect. The human brain and nervous system have a ramp down time between panic and calm, the shift isn't instantaneous (this why when you get an adrenalin rush you have the shakes for several minutes afterward.) Conversely, your panic centers can activate extremely quickly, requiring no ramp up time. "500 million jobs lost per month" is an instantaneous horrifying idea for anyone not quick enough on the uptake to immediately recognize it as being an impossibility. That carries over, even considering the verbal correction by her, making the situation appear much more dire and strumming up support for a stimulus package (which did nothing other than increase the debt, for the record,)

Puhleese...Nancy Pelosi isn't ditzy, but rather an expert in the neuroscience of adrenal mechanisms and their bio-psychological relationship to the average persons decision centers and the resultant impact on the unconscious of the average voter?

Nancy Pelosi misspoke, this GOP rep lied. The difference between claiming that the unemployed in the USA exceeds well known population of the USA..the difference of 500k and 500M...Miss-speak. Fabricating healthcare stats that the average American would need to research to understand? BS. No mental gymnastics required for that painfully obvious conclusion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join