It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia does not war, nor does she fear it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

We haven't threatened war. We are using every tool we have except the military to take Russia down. Russia isn't stupid. They know America is using economics and CIA style propaganda/manipulation tactics in Ukraine. The actions we've taken towards toppling Assad are also intended to take down Russia. Russia doesn't have a global empire these days. They do have nukes.

Putin said straight up recently that America should back off if they don't want WW3.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I'm a compliant American. Any American who isn't actively dissenting is colluding. Disagree with Obama all you want but if you aren't protesting the Ukraine war you're supporting it. Americans protested Vietnam when they didn't agree. It helped end the war. So assuming you are American what are you doing to dissent over Ukraine? Same as me I assume. Nothing.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You said you hate democracy or as you call it mob rule. The alternative to mob rule is dictatorship or monarchy. Maybe I'm off base. What ruling system would you like?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There are conclusions from News and other sources. The peace loving Russians have begun to fly their aircraft in attack style sorties against North America and Europe. That is an old Cold War game, testing the defenses and response times of America and NATO to approaching aircraft. Hitler claimed to be rescuing culturally German people from persecution by the Poles and others. Russia has said it is rescuing culturally Russian peoples from persecution by the Ukrainians. Putin has created a "worship of the leader," even the Communists knew that was not a good thing.
Putin has made a pointed remark about the Russian Nuclear arsenal and its capabilities to destroy all Russia's enemies. Russia is partially surrounded by Nations that were subjugated by the Soviet Union. Most, especially in Europe have nightmares about the Russian military hiding behind a puppet government.
If there is trouble coming it will involve Russia and/or China. China still has the dream of an ancient Chinese empire stretching from the Pacific to the Middle East, including all of Southeast Asia. The subordination of all the others in Chinese seas by catering to the Empire. That dream includes Mongolia and Siberia. Russia wants all of Europe as a protective border. With large areas of dispute with China. Left to themselves, and allowing their conquest. They would be at war over Siberia, Mongolia, and much of the Middle East, and not just over petroleum resources. The resources are the excuse, not the cause of a Greater Russia and Greater China dreams.
Problem with Baby Bush and the mindless horde from Ronnie Raygun was the constant fear mongering against Russia, while handing China the baby with the bath water. Being simple minded, they could not see that there was more than one dream of Imperial power. They remember Senator Goldwater's statement, that there was no such thing as extremist in defense of American freedom. While President's Eisenhower and Kennedy got involved in some shady dealings. President Nixon, I refuse to call him "Tricky Dick," moved to recognize Communist China was a move in Real Politics, not giving China everything without a fight. Raygun and Baby Bush moved into Senator Goldwater's no such thing as extremism world. The criminal activities, drug running and similar behavior and the non interference but acknowledgement of criminal cartels and individuals by various American Agencies began under Raygun. Passed under the radar of Clinton, the whole sexual scam and impeachment were distractions, and through Baby Bush and surfaces under Obama, as Baby Bush programs that continued under the sheets are the dangers.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I'm a compliant American. Any American who isn't actively dissenting is colluding. Disagree with Obama all you want but if you aren't protesting the Ukraine war you're supporting it. Americans protested Vietnam when they didn't agree. It helped end the war. So assuming you are American what are you doing to dissent over Ukraine? Same as me I assume. Nothing.

Ah.

The old "you're either with us or you're against us" false dichotomy.

How'd that work out for you the last time it was used?

If that's the only two choices you are allowing yourself, then it could be fairly said based on that criteria that I "support" a Ukraine war, because I don't give a rat's ass what happens in Ukraine - not mine to worry about. I only protest the US involving itself in other folks' business.

Like Ukrainian unrest. That's Russia's business, not ours.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

You said you hate democracy or as you call it mob rule. The alternative to mob rule is dictatorship or monarchy. Maybe I'm off base. What ruling system would you like?

There are other alternatives. If you choose not to avail yourself of them, that isn't my problem - just don't try to force YOUR choices on ME (which is, after all, the essence of mob rule). They're not my choices. I allow other options.

Out of curiosity, do you really find yourself to be so unruly as to need an external overlord to keep you in line?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michaelmcinerney12345
a reply to: Rosinitiate

What is ghosted or black bagged mean exactly?

Ghosted - to become a ghost, I.e. Suicided, Cesna'd, canoe fishing misshap. Savy?

Black bagged - disappeared, gulaged, to have a black back tied over your head and sent to a prison that doesn't exist full of prisoners that don't exist.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMarkthink that is strange? Try this site, note the U.S. population as of 2013, then the projected U.S. population 2025; www.deagel.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Brandyjack

China and Russia just want security. They both have more than enough to deal with internally. Neither is trying to build an empire.

Russia already saw the pointlessness of it from the Soviet Union days. They have the endless expense of Siberia to develop.

China has never had much in the way of an expansionist agenda. They care only about their own prosperity and security. They barely touched other nations until the Western powers tried to colonize them and Mao came to power. Before that they were mostly either defending from invaders or fighting among themselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
Propaganda is propaganda. What is this meandering piece of written rubbish supposed to do? Stick what in whose pipe? This says or does nothing. More of the same. We could be$^tch slap him down with words but what does that really do? Putin is a dangerous man. A legend in his own mind. God help us all .

This isn't even the speech verbatim. It is 9 summarized points by a russian blogger, with a 10th point made up by the russian blogger. Anyone got a copy of the actual speech?

You didn't even read the speech, yet you call it propaganda?

And people actually give stars to this intellectually vacuous statement? Some days I could just swear the US State Department is directly feeding BS into people's minds with some kind of Dr Evil microwave device... I don't know how else these empty anti-Russia propaganda lines ("Putin is a dangerous man", "Legend in his own mind", etc) get spread so quickly. Why comment on subjects you clearly know nothing about?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will

Nah it's not magic or technology. It's just people being unable to escape from their little bubbles. Empathy is a dying art. The anti Russian sentiments and anti Muslim sentiments and other anti xxxx niceness are just Americans being too mentally fragile to accept that their country isn't perfect and good. It implies that they might not be perfect and good.

I'm highly aware of my flaws and shortcomings. Most people I know are not. They live in a world devoid of introspection.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu
Ukraine is Russia's business - and has been for as long as I can remember, It's not any of mine or the rest of the US's. What's going on there is the equivalent of Russia poking around in US business and telling Montana they ought to secede. I don't think THAT would go over very well, so we ought not to be doing it there.

Montana cannot secede - An issue settled by the civil war. The US could use the Russian position with regards to Cuba. Cuba poses no more of a threat to the US than Ukraine or NATO do to Russia.

Ukraine is not Russia's business either since Ukraine is a separate sovereign nation. The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances supports that argument when Russia signed the treaty -

On December 5, 1994 the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Britain and the United States signed a memorandum to remove nuclear weapons in Ukraine. They all signed six agreements for Ukraine, the agreements are:[2]

* - The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine;

* - The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defence or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations;

* - The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind;

* - The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to seek immediate United Nations Security Council action to provide assistance to Ukraine, as a non-nuclear-weapon State party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, if Ukraine should become a victim of[2] an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used;

* - The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm, in the case of Ukraine, their commitment not to use nuclear weapons against any non-nuclearweapon State party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, except in the case of an attack on themselves, their territories or dependent territories, their armed forces, or their allies, by such a State in association or alliance with a nuclear-weapon State;

* - Ukraine, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America will consult in the event a situation arises that raises a question concerning these commitments.[2]

The treaty, and the fact Russia signed it, is proof that Ukraine is its own entity and that its borders were accepted by Russia, including that of Crimea being a part of Ukraine. The same holds in the South and East of Ukraine.

The fact Russia signed it negates Putins reasons for invading the Ukraine. It reaffirms that Ukraine is separate from Russia. If you listen to Putin when he talks about Ukraine you can see he avoids certain words so as not to fall victim of violating the treaty.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

The fact Russia signed it negates Putins reasons for invading the Ukraine. It reaffirms that Ukraine is separate from Russia. If you listen to Putin when he talks about Ukraine you can see he avoids certain words so as not to fall victim of violating the treaty.

And what of all of the treaties that the US has had and reneged on?

Start with the Native Americans and work your way forward.

P

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
And what of all of the treaties that the US has had and reneged on?

Like?

Start with the Native Americans and work your way forward.P

For the bulk of the Native American issue you would need to look towards Europe for your answer since Europe, and not the US, kick started the party in north America.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I did not know that people such as General Custer were Europeans.

But any excuse is better than the truth.

P

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Cuba isn't connected by land to a continent filled with Russian allies. The situation is more as if Russia had military bases/ treaties all the way from Tierra Del Fuego up to Mexico and then installed a puppet government in Mexico. If this happened (no way it would since we declared all of north America and south america to be our turf ages ago) we would start tossing nukes around. Thank god Russia has more restraint.

The intention to absorb Ukraine into NATO/EU and the installation of a puppet governor completely negates any treaty involving Ukrainian sovereignty in my opinion.

America functions exactly like a classic bully. You victimize and attack people while no one (or at least no one important) is looking. As long as you are sneaky you can defend your actions. The victim just keeps telling the bully to stop over and over. If the victim fights back you bring your friends in on the pretense that he started it Every once in a while the bully gets complacent and the victim takes him down. I'm hoping American overplays its hand and Russia takes her down, revealing the bully to everyone. If the microcosm is like the macrocosm then most likely Russia will fall ushering in a permanent global dystopia.
edit on 3-11-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I did not know that people such as General Custer were Europeans.

But any excuse is better than the truth.

P

You got that from me using the word "bulk" of?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Cuba is 90 miles from the US so the comparison stands. Russia is discussing the ability to use Cuban ports / airports for military deployment.

NATO cannot absorb a nation. NATO must first vote to on whether or not a nation can join and the vote must be unanimous. Please explain "puppet government". If you are referring to Ukraine then you should check your facts. The government that impeached Yanukovych was accepted by the Russians when they came to power in the 2012 elections.
The latest vote in Ukraine was lawful and once again Russia accepted the results.

There has been nothing, and I mean nothing, preventing Russia from pushing its own policies outside of Russia. With Obama as President there will be no over playing, and as he stated a few times now Ukraine is not a NATO member.

As for being sneaky and defending something - That is exactly what Russia has done in Ukraine. As I stated before putin's words are carefully chosen so as to paint a picture that Russia is not involved in the internal mess of Ukraine.

edit on 3-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Obviously the US has something it believes can take down either Russia or China or both, we wouldn't be so pushy otherwise and a Black budget that is greater than any other nations entire defense budget says i'm likely right. Realistically we probably have a multi pronged plan in the event Russia pushes back...

My guess, we have a secret deal with China who would sure have a lot to gain if they could inherit the otherwise virtually unpopulated Siberia, That military shuttle that landed recently, my money says it carries or will at least now carry an emp or multiple emp devices and likely as those ICBMS of Russias go, I'd wager we have active electronic/energy directed weaponry that could eliminate the 98% that are currently unshielded... it actually wouldn't take much, could perhaps be built right into the existing cell phone network which would explain why "cyber hacking" is such a big concern to the US govt

What we "have" is almost entirely telegraphed by our concerns imho, we hear daily about "EMP" "Cyber security" and "space/satellite" based concerns and push panic buttons when anyone else even enters the territory i.e. NK launching a satellite or Iranians using an EMP from a cargo ship or whatever, this says to me we currently base our own attack plan around these items and don't want competition...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will

I did skim over the speech, and it was pretty boring. And very long. I don't know what qualifies one to have an opinion about Putin but I've been paying attention to him and watching him for years as I have all of the russian leaders. And I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join