It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia does not war, nor does she fear it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Royal76

Uh what? Can you clarify how Russia and Asia in general go for the weak? That's a massive overgeneralization especially about Asia which is a varied continent containing half the population of the world.

The Europeans have done the most attacking the weak of anyone by a long shot. Remember the age of imperialism? How about Germany in WW1 and WW2.

America took up the mantle after WW2. Just ask Latin America or the Philippines or Africa or the middle East.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Youre correct. Its not about either party. It'd not about Obama. It's about the Western/American elite thinking they own the world. Do you know how we could ease tensions? Do what Putin asks and stop acting like we own the whole planet. Treat non western nations as equals. Put power into the UN. If we care about democracy so much how come err ignore the wishes of the vast majority of the world?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: codythatkid

Its hard to say with confidence what is happening in the world but I tend agree with Russia's perspective that US is trying to start a major war in Europe to reward its own economic stability. Russia see's the funding of hostiles in Ukraine as a major threat against its borders so time is not on their side. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a sneak Russian (and possibly China) offensive directly against the US in the very near future.

Seriously?

CHINA?

How are they gonna get their troops here - a sampan flotilla?

... and a "sneak Russian offensive"?

Are they gonna wear tennis shoes and ninja suits to sneak ashore? The only "sneak attack" Russia could pull of would be a nuclear one, and then, yeah, the gloves would REALLY be off! There wouldn't be any "offensive" to it, though, two shots, and that would be all she wrote - no "offensives".

edit on 2014/11/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Those that push the Russia / China sneak attack / WWIII position dont seem to understand the concept of force projection and how neither country has the ability for major lift during a war time scenario.

If China had the force projection ability we would not continue to see the Taiwan question.

While China may boast a 200 million man army it must travel on its belly.

They also seem confused on russia's involvement with the turmoil in Ukraine. Russia announced they would recognize the elections being held by the south / East of Ukraine. Those elections violated the treaty they signed in Minsk. Russia will annex them like they did Crimea.

If war breaks out the only country at fault will be Russia.
edit on 1-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yes it will be bad idea for all but if US cannot protect itself against 18 terrorist in planes flying within its borders what if 10 cities in US suddenly exploded in nuclear devastation without any missile trail.

1) Missiles leave trails. One of those unavoidable facts of life.

2) Fissile materials leave signatures - fingerprints, if you will. Another of those unavoidable facts of life.

3) I can't think of 10 US cities I'd like to keep, much less think of 10 that I'd lose sleep over losing in a nuclear fireball.

Will US risk further destruction by attacking Russia under the presumption it made the attack or will it capitulate.

Retaliate, without a doubt.How could the US capitulate? Capitulate to whom, if everyone is trying to avoid taking credit for the explosions?

US has sanctioned Russia from rest of world. There are 8000 nuclear reasons why that is not a good idea.

Where did you learn to count? 8000? Russia didn't have 8000 intercontinental-capable warheads at the height of the Cold War - neither did the US. Are you suggesting they would blow up their own country by setting off the tactical stuff, too?

Now, I don't think the US ought to be screwing around in purely Russian affairs like Ukraine, but it's not out of fear that Russians are going to blow me up - it's just out of a sense of decency that suggests I don't poke around in other folks' business.

Ukraine is Russia's business - and has been for as long as I can remember, It's not any of mine or the rest of the US's. What's going on there is the equivalent of Russia poking around in US business and telling Montana they ought to secede. I don't think THAT would go over very well, so we ought not to be doing it there.

edit on 2014/11/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If war breaks out in Ukraine, that will be Russia's problem and business, not ours. It will be an internal Russian problem, a civil war, to be dealt with and handled by Russians, not Americans. I don't recall any Russians coming to the aid of the CSA when the US invaded and annexed them after they broke away...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Youre correct. Its not about either party. It'd not about Obama. It's about the Western/American elite thinking they own the world. Do you know how we could ease tensions? Do what Putin asks and stop acting like we own the whole planet.

If we did, we would take better care of our toys.

Treat non western nations as equals.

Why? They're not. We shouldn't be treating them like anything at all - we should let them handle their own messes. We should be ignoring them like redheaded stepchildren, not "treating" them any way at all.

Put power into the UN.

We should abolish the UN, not "put power"in it. Short of abolishing it, we should at the very least expel the UN from US soil, and stop throwing American money that the US can ill afford away on it. Doesn't Belgium have somewhere they could house that useless UN foolishment?

If we care about democracy so much how come err ignore the wishes of the vast majority of the world?

I don't know about you, but I don't care about democracy at all - I've never been big on Mob Rule. Rather than merely "ignoring their wishes", we should be ignoring their requests as well, and letting them handle their own problems. We should be ignoring them altogether.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So you think that a globalized world can function with everyone fighting for their little tribe?

Actually we already treat Russia EXACTLY like a red headed step child (to use your extremely outdated and bigoted phrase). That's exactly the problem.

So what's your plan? Kill everyone who disagrees with America then impose a global dictatorship? Sounds fantastic. Lol. So your more into the Napoleon/Stalin/Hitler types? I mean your position is literally identical to any of them. Which is your favorite?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So wait? Ukraine is Russia's problem. Weird how we're doing the exact opposite. We meddle in everyone's affairs around the world. We meddled heavily in Ukraine as well.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Well its a shame Russia couldn't be a true beacon of the collective ideals of humanity. They, he (Putin)/she (Russia) just isn't that. Well at least he acknowledges that.

I'm all for seeing the naked emperor behind the curtain, not because I'm a pervert but because I know the emperor is naughty, very naughty back there.

Do I think Russia is remotely capable of stopping this crazy war machine? I have no idea, I doubt it but at least they're willing to call a spade a spade.

Humanity has collective ideals?

hell, I have trouble getting any two individuals to decide on what they want for dinner in common!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: transola
a reply to: ExSmokerYes

Well considering the USA has spent more on the military over the past 10 years than the rest of the world combined, I think it is safe to say we aren't worried. I hope there is not a WW3, but if there was I wouldn't bet on Russia coming out on top.

I just wanted to comment on this. NYC public schools system spends more money per kid than most other cities but our public school system is a joke. I am not saying that all the all money spent on defense here in the USA is a waste, but I am trying to point out that more money doesn't necessarily mean better results. Do we have the best military in the world, yes we do. But pound of pound we aren't efficient and I can guarantee a good % of that money goes to line the pocket of the fat cats in the military industrial complex (lockheed being one of them). When the government buys 70 dollar staplers, I don't hold too much confidence that all that obscene amount of money is being spent wisely, and I am sure there's plenty of over pricing and waste.

That being said, our economy is in shambles. We cannot afford to go to war with more countries than we are already at war with, let alone a country like Russia. Let us also put into perspective the fact that all of our military spending will do absolutely jack if there is a nuclear war. Russia only has to use 10% of it's nuclear weapons to wipe us off the map. The same could be said for them, we only need a fraction of our nuclear weapons to wipe them off the map. Either one of those scenarios are VERY bad obviously, so this isn't a discussion on who's better, because honestly we don't want to have that type of conversation. Because the answer doesn't matter if it is put to test. The only thing that matters is sanity and restraint.

Here's a chart to scare the pants off of you:

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 2-11-2014 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Chewingonmushrooms

The US has not threatened Russia with war.

Russia on the other hand has threatened the use of its nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

I hear the message you are trying to put across, not to sure about the Putin comment at the end, for I see him as another egotistical tyrant to be.
I sit and ponder your solution, I sit and think how can approximately 200 people in leadership roles now have the power to start wars on miss information, over and over again.
I talk to people in the same words as you status, but very rarely do I get any positive response, it's come to the stage where I keep my opinions to myself, a percentage of the general public just don't seem to care and are not interested enough to seek the truth and what is really happening.
But I still can't help but think, their are seven billion of us???
Imagine if we all stood as one and said 'NO MORE!!!
I often think cometh the day, cometh the man/woman.
The one with the personality, who speaks common sense and who holds enough power themselves that they have to be listened to.
I know if the message was put across correctly and cleverly from the right tongue, the people would follow.
My question to you and myself everyday is how could people like us, come together, promote our idea, put forward our concerns and forward a game plan, dare I say it a dream of a fairer, more caring and less violent way forward.
We have the internet as a tool, but this is not enough, and it's to simple to be attacked by trolling.
Demonstrations don't work.
Violence is never an answer.
But the Mustard Seed is tiny before it grows into a Tree.
We have the Mustard Seed in our hand.
I for one would do anything I could to make our seed grow.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michaelmcinerney12345
a reply to: TheProphetMark

I know if the message was put across correctly and cleverly from the right tongue, the people would follow.
My question to you and myself everyday is how could people like us, come together, promote our idea, put forward our concerns and forward a game plan, dare I say it a dream of a fairer, more caring and less violent way forward.

Good way to get ghosted or black bagged.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Simple translation from what was said:

"I dont give a #"

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

What is ghosted or black bagged mean exactly?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chewingonmushrooms

Well considering the USA has spent more on the military over the past 10 years than the rest of the world combined, I think it is safe to say we aren't worried. I hope there is not a WW3, but if there was I wouldn't bet on Russia coming out on top.

I just wanted to comment on this. We cannot afford to go to war with more countries than we are already at war with, let alone a country like Russia.

That was a good response to the same thing I was going to comment on. What I took out of it was the fact that our military expenditures, eclipsing the rest of the worlds' combined, shows who the real aggressor is in the world. You want to get to the bottom of an issue, follow the money. Detractors of this fact will simply point out that it's needed not to be on the offensive, but rather as defensive measures against our enemies. To that, you simply have to ask what the hell America does that pisses off the rest of the world so much that we have to defend ourselves against every country that is relevant on the nuclear scale.

People need to remember that America was founded with wars. The American Revolution, the wars with the Native Americans and then the civil war. It's in the DNA of those in charge to kill those who get in their way. How people can buy the tripe that says America just wants democracy and peace throughout the world, when our own internal history shows otherwise, is beyond me.

American leadership does not want peace. It never has and it never will. The rest of the worlds' leaders know this.......including Putin. Putin though, is apparently the only one with the gumption to say what others are thinking. Putin is Russian through and through, and what he is seeing is aggression, that if left unchecked, will eventually threaten his mother Russia. This, in my opinion, is why he's taking a stand. As a leader of a country, you can't really blame him.

Russia does not have a history of picking fights with countries in the opposite hemisphere that have nothing at all to do with Russia. America however does have that history and the other countries of the world are starting to see how detrimental that is to THEM. They're starting to bite back.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

So you think that a globalized world can function with everyone fighting for their little tribe?

I could care less what they fight for - I'm saying WE shouldn't be fighting for their little tribe! Let 'em handle their own messes - maybe they'll quit making them.

Actually we already treat Russia EXACTLY like a red headed step child (to use your extremely outdated and bigoted phrase). That's exactly the problem.

Bigoted? What makes you think I wasn't a red-headed step child?

So what's your plan? Kill everyone who disagrees with America then impose a global dictatorship? Sounds fantastic. Lol. So your more into the Napoleon/Stalin/Hitler types? I mean your position is literally identical to any of them. Which is your favorite?

Not sure how you got that out of what I wrote - how in the hell are we supposed to kill anyone without interacting with them at all?

As I recall, Napoleon/Stalin/Hitler types are real big on expansion via invasion, so no, my position is not "identical to any one of them". It's hard to invade someone by refusing to interact with them at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So wait? Ukraine is Russia's problem. Weird how we're doing the exact opposite. We meddle in everyone's affairs around the world. We meddled heavily in Ukraine as well.

Yup, Ukraine is Russia's problem, and has been for as long as I can recall. Who is "we" - have you got a mouse in your pocket? I know I've not meddled in the Ukraine any time recently... Obama and Co., do not either speak or act for me - they only claim to, which claim I deny.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chewingonmushrooms
Let us also put into perspective the fact that all of our military spending will do absolutely jack if there is a nuclear war. Russia only has to use 10% of it's nuclear weapons to wipe us off the map. The same could be said for them, we only need a fraction of our nuclear weapons to wipe them off the map. Either one of those scenarios are VERY bad obviously, so this isn't a discussion on who's better, because honestly we don't want to have that type of conversation. Because the answer doesn't matter if it is put to test. The only thing that matters is sanity and restraint.

That's incorrect - they might wipe YOU off the map, but not ME, therefore not "us". The same goes for our nukes vs Russia - not possible for us to "wipe them off the map". My advice is to get out of the cities, then you won't have to worry about getting atomized into a thermic mist.

Here's a chart to scare the pants off of you:

www.businessinsider.com...

That chart did not scare me - although it WAS designed to, and is a very good example of propaganda. Years ago, when there was an actual, real danger that someone might spark off a nuclear war, people used to come around and try to scare other folks into thinking their way, but using propaganda precisely like that chart, among other deceitful tactics. Because of that, I studied hard and educated myself in the facts of the matter of nuclear war, vs. they hype of the matter. One of the things I found was that the destructive power of ANY explosive - nuclear included - varies as the cube root of the yield, not linearly with the yield as that chart implies.

Whomever made the chart knows that, too, and they are attempting to mislead you and scare you into submission. You should ask yourself why, and wonder what they are really after.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join