It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new holiday needed ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I feel this day in age people have heard about freedoms even if they don't currently have any freedoms. They realize some folk can have anything they want. The least I could ask for is to just be myself with out fear. I thought predicting something would be fun. It simply brought me to another conclusion that it can't be that simple. Yet I believe sometimes it is. Maybe we need new holidays built on something other than lies and presents. I predict a new holiday coming up. What it is -I don't know. Maybe someone could help me out? It's not my specialty. Then again, whose specialty is that ?? I just try not to be the grinch. Yet Garry hoey makes a mean remake of that song.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Schwallyjdog

I think nearly every day of the year is some sort of holiday.

We even have grandparents' day, children's day, national smoke-out day, love your pet day. secretaries day, on and on.

Maybe it's time to have e a 'National No Holiday Day'. Just a day where we can relax and not worry about celebrating anything!

That's my idea, anyway.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I actually feel that our culture's obsession with holidays and time in general is the cause to the effect of time appearing to exponentially increase. Like the old saying "the older you get, the faster time goes". I have a gut feeling if we did not fuss over our calendars and time pieces so much, time would appear to move at a much slower rate.

edit on 10/31/2014 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm glad this is where this is headed. I have trouble with celebrations that don't have meaning for everyone. I feel nieve to the truth. And I know we have moments worth celebration.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
How about getting away from the 1 day holidays and instead have a 4 day work week.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Geeeeez, treat the OP like a heart attack.

Thing is nobody knows about those holidays you mentioned, and most wouldn't even consider them holidays. I think the OP means Holidays not, "holid...meh whatever".

Surely ATS would see getting rid of President's Day

Why not Legislator's Day? Put the pressure on a bit more, maybe they'd think it was undeserved...could be great fun! Of course, they would have the day off, ect. ect.
edit on 10/31/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I almost mean all of them but people love holidays. I can't deny they bring families and friends together as well. Maybe a clean slate is needed. And I say maybe since there are holidays I wish not to ever offend. I'm not taking it there. And yA Presidents' Day. Which ones ? All of them as a whole. That's more of a fairy tale than a day. Ha

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A festivus for the rest of us? I watched too much Sienfeld. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
With time history can be rewritten. Best way, introduce a holiday.

I vote Mission Accomplished day.

new topics

top topics

join