It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student wearing rosary, gets arrested...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It is not illegal to have a unwelcome guest removed from your property by the police.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

YES IT IS.

They cant kick him out for wearing a rosary.

Are you blind?

I just posted the reason why.

Students win these cases because the U.S. Supreme Court famously recognized in 1969 that students “do not shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate” (Tinker v. Des Moines Independent School District).

The school has NO LEGAL right to even have such a rule...WHICH IT DOESNT ANYWAYS.

edit on 10 31 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

They didn't arrest him for wearing a rosary, they arrested him for trespass.
edit on 31-10-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

This isn't a student at school.
This is a ticket holder at a sports game.

That is very different.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

NO and you know that,.

It would be illegal for you to run a school and say no Jews or Jewish symbols....you know since the supreme court is important or something. I forget if it is or not.

You cant say a person is unwelcome to your property that is open to the public based on what religious symbol they have.

You really dont understand that? Or you just wish this was some sort of cheap dictatorship...maybe a couple hundreds years in the barbaric past?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

NO an d you know that,.

It would be illegal for you to run a school and say no Jews or Jewish symbols....you know since the supreme court is important or something. I forget if it is or not.

However, it wouldn't be illegal for me to run.. say.. a SPORTS STADIUM.. and say.. NO ROSARYS..

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Actually YES IT WOULD.

You cant do that sir. I dont know if you are trolling or just new to this country or something.

You as an owner of a stadium or school arent a private club or religious organization to make such a distinction and be legally protected. IF you have a space , public or private that is open to the general public you cant say no rosaries, gay flags, stars of David, ect.

I am done. If you dont get I dont care. Its the law and so eat it.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Actually YES IT WOULD.

You cant do that sir. I dont know if you are trolling or just new to this country or something.

You arent a private club or other religious organization to make such a distinction and be legally protected.

I am done. If you dont get I dont care. Its the law and so eat it.

If you are charging admission to an event, it is by definition a private event.

(It's why bars charge a cover.)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

NOPE. Thats why we have gay christian wedding cakes.

Stay current or read a little.

If you dont know the law then stop and learn it. If you arent certain dont be adamant.

If you are proven wrong admit it and stop.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

NOPE. Thats why we have gay christian wedding cakes.

Stay current or read a little.

Again, I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

that is entirely on you.

If you have general admission, open to the public, free or otherwise, you cant throw up house rules about no religious symbols or otherwise. The school also HAS NO RULE ABOUT ROSARIES in their dress code. They couldnt legally have one in any event.

Sorry. The good news is the world is big and if you dont agree with a basic aspect of the American ethos you CAN leave.

Are from this country?

I mean that question. Are you?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The cognitive disconnect you have is staggering, and I will leave you with it.

Unfortunately, this is probably the last we will hear about this case, as the suspect involved is a minor.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Prove me wrong then.

And yes, we wont hear about it because he will sue and settle privately. The city will lose ALLOT of money and the cops wont get their Christmas bonus or will lose their overtime. They will have to attend stupid and expensive sensitivity training because one of their own is a retard with no common sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

the city wont lose a dime
the kid was arrested for trespassing after being asked to leave for failing to follow the rules of the private venue he was attending

also rosaries are not religious wear

dont stop now though YOUR RELIGION IS UNDER ATTACK!!!!
edit on 31-10-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

I'm an American and I totally agree with you!! Americans are all talk, can't fight with their fists, and can't fight their own battles. That's why this country is beat to # now, smh...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

No

for every reason I listed. A rosery is not a religious item? Oh snap! thats right, Madonna invented them. Sorry.

I am not even Christian. I am an American though.

If you guys are going to argue something outright un-American it better at least be legal.

This is not. Its not even REMOTELY in line with the ethos of the west in general, let alone the US.

Please, prove me wrong.

Also, my city just spent several years with limited overtime for police over issues like this where litigation and law suits cost the city hundreds of thousands. They most certainly will feel this. Our cops also had a good union that was able to freeze their current pay with no increases for a couple years instead of having it go down like it was supposed to. I know because I heard it from my friends who are cops when they bitched about it over and over. Suddenly the bad apples were left to fend for themselves. Being under a federal investigation CASTRATES a police department in so many ways. They want NONE of that I can assure you. The federal Government may not even have real reason for an investigation but can use this as an excuse to spend millions grinding the pride out of a city´s PD for other reasons. Happened to us. Our PD is STILL being monitored by the feds and its been over 10 years since the last major incident. They may just stay.

You really think other programs the city needs will get a smaller budget without a fight because one precinct decides to act out? You have NO IDEA about American politics.

EDIT TO ADD:
The feds want all you cops to act out. You guys are too dumb to see the long play. The federal government is silently using incidents of excessive force to monitor ALL police departments where there are "abuses" or "corruption" and installing themselves permanently. Peoples personal lives, work history...ect. You may even have feds in uniform next to you idiots. Keep it up. You arent given this much power without a price. Ask your captains and ESU units. Go ahead. Talk about it some and listen to what your own guys are saying in private and in FEAR. Keep acting up. Soon blackmail wont be more than a nice word for what you are going through with the federal government. THATS why you are all being beefed up with military hard ware and tactics you dummies. They dont need that mess for a docile and comfortable population. But I digress. Keep hurting your people, not like you ARENT your people....right? I welcome whats to come. It needs to happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: sirhumperdink

No

for every reason I listed. A rosery is not a religious item? Oh snap! thats right, Madonna invented them. Sorry.

you have an amazing habit of ignoring whats inconvenient for you and then making # up

i said it wasnt religious wear.... i didnt say it wasnt a religious item
the shroud of turin is a religious item..... be pretty messed up if someone decided to gallivant around town wearing it like a cape though

but i do suppose there are those that would consider it more devout
edit on 31-10-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Colors/patterns show rank and gang affiliation. Kid could have been showing it off to piss off rival gang members. Its been going on in jails for a long time and many detention centers ban the for just that reason.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You can't wear rosaries, white tees, and other items that are gang related in schools . If he was really Catholic the cop should have made him recite the hail Mary or some other prayer.... But it is a school function, its better to have one kid in cuffs than innocent kids in the middle of a cross fire over gang b.s....
edit on 31-10-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Would you feel the same way if it was a religious symbol from a different religion (i.e not a Christian denomination)?

honestly. would you?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: whyamIhere

Colors/patterns show rank and gang affiliation. Kid could have been showing it off to piss off rival gang members. Its been going on in jails for a long time and many detention centers ban the for just that reason.

Looks like he did piss off a gang member

and got taken to the ground for it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join