It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student wearing rosary, gets arrested...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I actually coached football at this school for 15 years. This is not surprising. Roids aplenty.

Amarillo, TX - Local mother claims an officer used excessive force on her middle schooler at a football game. 14-year-old Jacob Herrera attended Sam Houston middle school's Wednesday night football game. Herrera wore a rosary outside of his clothes when officer Corporal Wilson asked him to remove it. Marivell Chavez, a witness, says she was at the game Wednesday night and claimed while Herrera was being held to the ground, he yelled, "call my mom" and "I can't breathe."

No wonder he can't breathe with 300 pounds on him.

"He was fighting with the officer, he wouldn't comply with the commands, he wouldn't put his arms behind his back. The officer used a couple of different compliance holds to try and get him to put his hands behind his back, he did not deploy his taser, he just tried to get him under control they rolled around on the ground for several minutes," says Cpl Jerry Neufeld.

They act like they should be rewarded for not using his taser.

According to APD the use of rosaries can possibly symbolize association with a gang and that's the reason they ask students to not wear them visible while on school property or functions

I did not realize the gangs were all wearing Rosary Beads. Since when ?

Amarillo ISD released a statement saying,“Last night at one of our schools, a student was identified as being in violation of the dress code for wearing an item in a manner which is considered to be gang related by local and national law enforcement. A school administrator and liaison officer asked the student to either comply with the dress code rules or leave school property. The student repeatedly refused to comply with either option. At that time, the student was arrested for trespassing.”

Well we should all sleep better tonight. This kid is still locked up.

Well played Amarillo...

newschannel10.com

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The officer using this kind of force is uncalled for, but then again this could all be prevented if he just didn't wear the rosary beads on campus. If he wanted to wear them that bad he could have just had it under his shirt like it was no big deal or just not fought the cop back as he was trying to hand cuff him for tresspassing? Im not even sure.... The officer shouldnt have used that kind of force on a kid a third of his size though unlesss there was an actual threat like a weapon present..

edit on 31-10-2014 by codythatkid because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I actually coached football at this school for 15 years. This is not surprising. Roids aplenty.

I did not realize the gangs were all wearing Rosary Beads. Since when ?

Yes. These criminal gangs are called Catholics.
Catholics are known to disrupt the Politically correct's idealizations and constructs by:
protesting murder and genocide outside gobrnmt sponsored abortion clinics.
Protesting the ObamaCare Act for forcing the public to pay for abortions, and birth control.
And, for publicly denouncing the gobernmnt's tolerance in allowing Islam to be taught in public schools, while mentioning Christianity can be considered a crime.
Then, there are the misinformed that believe that Catholics worship The Virgin Mary, which is Not True and is total Bravo Sierra!

Indeed, they are a fearsome gang and represent a growing threat to the Demoncratical Party

edit on V472014Thursdaypm31America/ChicagoThu, 30 Oct 2014 23:47:11 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

So now a rosary is a gang item....!? I hope someone told mother Teresa that before she died.....as she carried one most of her life. I wonder what gang she was in? She is now a Saint.

You american people make me laugh....you all post crap like this news clip on sites and moan and whine but not one of you do a god damn thing. NOT one of you uses your actual balls to confront this kind of atrocity that is sweeping your nation like wildfire.

I see Americans as one of the most cowardly people on the planet..they TALK big and all that but none of you are fighting back against a tyrannical presence. Good thing you all worship the 2nd amendment and put that to good use....that is a joke of course because you wont ever fight anything that could possibly beat you!! You would rather take it in the *** and then moan about it and express rage but actually do nothing!!

The MOST powerful nation on the planet protecting the most spineless people on the planet!!

When did you Americans become this way? What are you all SO scared of? What has become of the American voice and the Americans desire to fight for what is right? You have been crushed before you even started!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I'd love to go along with what you are saying but i feel like the stuff you have said comes more from the extremists on the catholic side. just like any other religion they have the "good" and the "bad". Not to say you are wrong there is a possibility he is in an extremist group but i highly doubt that's why he had it on.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Actually, I've heard about hispanic gangs in FL wearing rosaries as gang jewelry. It's not unheard of if you happen to be in, or near, an area with these gangs. It's akin to a gang color or sign, and the easiest way to deal with rival gangs on school turf is to be well aware of their aesthetics and try to put the kibosh on it's display.

But the cop was way overreacting in this case. A simple expulsion from the property after repeated requests to remove or tuck it under clothes would have sufficed, and if any horns locked afterward, the force may have been justifiable depending on whether or not there was any physical altercation.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: codythatkid

The officer using this kind of force is uncalled for, but then again this could all be prevented if he just didn't wear the rosary beads on campus. If he wanted to wear them that bad he could have just had it under his shirt like it was no big deal or just not fought the cop back as he was trying to hand cuff him for tresspassing? Im not even sure.... The officer should have used that kind of force on a kid a third of his size though unlesss there was an actual threat like a weapon present..

Or maybe he didn't want to be subject to the Nanny State stranglehold over American freedom, so he stood up for his rights.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I didn't know about the rosary/gang thing but it's not new. I found an article about it being the new thing in 2008. Here's one from 2012.

m.huffpost.com...

Either way blatant overuse of force. Police shouldn't be enforcing dress code or other minor violations. Reminds me of the girl who got tackled by 3 cops for using her cell phone in class.

www.khou.com...
edit on 31-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The issue--a primary issue at least--seems to be that of allowance of force from the moment after an arrest has been initiated until resolution is achieved. Regardless of the offense--non-violent or otherwise--the law seems to allow the police officer to use any level of violence to take a citizen into custody up to and including lethal force. The subject in this article was a boy. However, if I understand correctly law enforcement SOP in general and not taking into account variance by agency speaking to execution of arrest, age, sex, physical disposition, etc. makes no difference once the process has been initiated.

The question then becomes--for some Americans: are incidents such as the one this article describes something we as a nation can live with and abide? The answer? Well, not one "concerned citizen" came to this boy's aid. Where no man or woman is willing to make a stand to defend each other's freedom or otherwise object with equal reponse, I suppose anything goes and will continue to go. Of course, the sky remains overhead. Go figure.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Wow,

This country is dead. A student can carry a religious knife on him every where he goes but cant wear a necklace if its christian?

Technically Catholics shouldn't wear rosaries. I was in a youth rosary group as a kid. We were instructed that it makes them a symbol of vanity. Now does that have any bearing on this? No. This school system should be ashamed of itself. I just thought I would throw that in since some Christians dont know.

Wearing a rosary is also a cultural thing. MANY Hispanic cultures wear them. The fact that MR dumb ass cop over here felt the need to press the issue is symbolic of how retarded our system has gotten. I say have a couple grown ass men wrestle this cop down and try to take away his badge. Its basically the same thing. Just a symbol right? Well no, of coarse not. Just like this is not just a symbol to this kid. Its much more. Also, WRESTLING him down over non compliance over dress code? Are you kidding? I hope this cop meets a real criminal.

There is going to be a backlash if Christians dont get the same respect and consideration they deserve , or at least the same that is given to other faiths.

I sometimes hope all hell breaks loose because we really do deserve scorched earth hell. Our society is sick and really does deserve to die.

Terrible world. Terrible people.

edit on 10 31 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Wow, the amount of paranoia about God these days is astounding...

People foaming at the mouth and losing sleep at night over the mere mention of GOD, or anything pertaining to him. Thanks for fulfilling prophecy...

If God truly were a "fairytale," you wouldn't be behaving this way...
edit on 31-10-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: codythatkid

I agree. And a torn rectum can be prevented if you just rub some ky jelly on the rapists doodle before being raped. It's just common sense.

no point crying about it after the fact. It your fault if you are attacked by a cop for not letting him dismiss you as a human being.

Well said man. Hope you have strawberry knickers on.. I'm not partial to plain. . Your fault if i don't like it and all. Fair warning.
edit on 31-10-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

If he went to the school he should have known it was against the schools rules to wear it. so theoretically it could be seen as a form of protest as he is intentionally doing it while in full knowledge that he would be told to either take it off or put it away. Both of which he was told to do so, now yes the officer could have just picked him up and walked him out but again it said that the kid was being dis obedient towards this officer. Due to the fact that this article says he was resisting arrest for at which this point is now trespassing demanded by the school, he should now be considered a crimnal in which correct force was implemented.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: codythatkid

Stop empowering oppression by making up excuses for it.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I recommend giving them a review where you can state your reasons for why you dont rate the school very highly.

Maybe some parents dont know what this school is all about. Get them where it hurts, enrollment. This is Texas and I think many "red blooded christian" Americans in Texas should know where they may be sending their kids.

Just saying.

edit on 10 31 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: codythatkid

The officer using this kind of force is uncalled for, but then again this could all be prevented if he just didn't wear the rosary beads on campus. If he wanted to wear them that bad he could have just had it under his shirt like it was no big deal or just not fought the cop back as he was trying to hand cuff him for tresspassing? Im not even sure.... The officer shouldnt have used that kind of force on a kid a third of his size though unlesss there was an actual threat like a weapon present..

Is that the point. If you are dumb enough to wear rosary beads you deserve a beat down and thrown in jail. Im not sure why this kind of thing is justified. Even if he was a gang member, how is it legitimate to beat down and arrest someone simply for wearing gang colours. I think the moment you start doing that you are no better than the gangs.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well, on one hand, it IS a thing.

Gang Identifiers:
• Tattoos: machetes, praying hands, handcuffs with chains, rosaries, phrases (“Perdon Madre Mia” and variations with the word “Ñeta”)
• Colors (US): white, red, blue, or black
• Jewelry: beaded, rosary-like necklaces
• Hand sign: extended and crossed middle and index fingers with others curled toward palm (also seen in graffiti and tattoos, wrapped in the Puerto Rican flag)
www.orgsites.com...

On the other hand, according to the article, there was no notice announced that students weren't allowed to wear rosaries, specially.

On the other hand, maybe it's time for Catholics to be kicking those gang member's arses who ARE using rosaries as identifiers for their gangs!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Even if he was a gang member, how is it legitimate to beat down and arrest someone simply for wearing gang colours. I think the moment you start doing that you are no better than the gangs.

I do agree with you in the fact that a beat down is not needed and the police are no better than the gangs when they do that, but the article does not say he was being beat down or close to it. The article reports that he was being "held down" [more of what looked like being sat on to me(uncalled for)] and that the office used a number of "compliance holds", but no beat down... Arresting someone for something like this is uncalled for and an overall waste of time.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Once again, the police response is completely disproportionate to the crime being committed. In this case, he wasn't even committing a crime (just bucking the dress code) until he "fought" with the cop. Which sounds sketchy to me in the first place:

"He was fighting with the officer, he wouldn't comply with the commands, he wouldn't put his arms behind his back. The officer used a couple of different compliance holds to try and get him to put his hands behind his back, he did not deploy his taser, he just tried to get him under control they rolled around on the ground for several minutes," says Cpl Jerry Neufeld.

Doesn't really sound like he was "fighting" at all. He was just non-compliant. Maybe simply disobeying orders is now considered violence, and grounds for forcible restraint. They tried their holds, which apparently didn't work so well as they "rolled around on the ground for several minutes".

Several minutes? Are they having a wrestling match? Several minutes is a long time to subdue a teenager (and a Catholic one at that). Not sure if that means anything more than the cop just needs some more time on the mat or what.

But it sounds like publicity-conscious doublespeak (bulls#) to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

NOT one of you uses your actual balls to confront this kind of atrocity that is sweeping your nation like wildfire.

i have made myself a promise this will not happen in my presence

and it will not.

i hope more people people put down the camera

and their foot

i will not be a spectator of any police abuse

ever

period

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join