It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetes aid when SHTF and gridlock. A 4 part article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't use insulin but this site definitely gives some great ideas on how to stay alive when you have no access to new insulin. I hope it will be of some help for those who rely on it if times grow dark.
Love to all! I linked to all parts since I couldn't find a link to 3 and 4 after page 2 for some reason. And added on a link to make ones own insulin. In shtf scenarios, anything is worth looking in to.

I'm editing again to add the disclaimer from the article itself: "First, I have to say that this is an article about what to do in a post-apocalyptic setting. This is not a standard article about treating diabetes in normal times. Consult a qualified medical professional and do not attempt to practice medicine without a license. It is punishable by law."

www.doomandbloom.net...

www.doomandbloom.net...

www.doomandbloom.net...

www.doomandbloom.net...
and the supplement “How To Make Insulin“: www.doomandbloom.net...
edit on 51pmThu, 30 Oct 2014 21:33:51 -0500Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:33:51 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

edit on 43pmThu, 30 Oct 2014 21:34:43 -0500Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:34:43 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

edit on 32pmThu, 30 Oct 2014 21:36:32 -0500Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:36:32 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
I don't use insulin but this site definitely gives some great ideas on how to stay alive when you have no access to new insulin. I hope it will be of some help for those who rely on it if times grow dark.
Love to all!

www.doomandbloom.net...

www.doomandbloom.net...

www.doomandbloom.net...

www.doomandbloom.net...
and the supplement “How To Make Insulin“: www.doomandbloom.net...

From what I know, those with diabetes are pretty much screwed in a SHTF scenario. But if these links help...cool.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Anything that could help lower or raise sugar is a help. I say any port in a rocky storm.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

There is always hope, isn't there.

But diabetes and many other ailments are out there that require current tech. Without it, they will die. Supposedly.

People have been given so many months or years to live and they still surpass that.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hate to be a Scrooge but if you're looking for pertinent information on techniques look towards the third to fifth paragraph of the Fourth Part ONLY. The rest [Parts 1-3] are just technical information those with diabetes already know/don't want to hear again.

With that said however, he does bring up some interesting and what seem to be highly-genuine advised methods for making the best out of the situation. In reality there will not be access to the limited and highly sought after resources like batteries and needles, so taking risks with one's sugars and leaning towards the side of slightly higher levels would result in greater longevity .

Sigh

My bro's got type 2 diabetes, virally induced when he was younger.

Using the term longevity makes me not even care about the quality of this article or not really, because to be honest it's a load of crap.

If as you say, "stuff hits the fan", You do recognize that you would be talking about a situation where everything is incredibly #ed up to the point where insulin would certainly be obtained regardless of what was going on. No one would sit around and watch their family member die.

There in lies the paradox of even bothering to prep. No amount of batteries is going to change the fact that with the crumbling of society, life changes.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If you go back to adopting a paleo diet leading up to and after an apocalypse, then most diabetes problems will be lessened. I know not for everyone but for most people who manage it with diet and oral insulin. Highly refined foods will not be available.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My mother had her thyroid removed at the behest of a medical professional in whom I had little confidence. I asked her what she'd do when the supply lines shut down and she couldn't get insulin. She's hoping she's kicked the bucket by then.

top topics

join