It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey there!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm a college student who is studying Criminal Justice and Creative Writing. My goals are to either become an investigator or federal agent. I'm particularly interested in "special" crimes, such as crimes that have no explanation based in what we know. I'm also a high level officer for my schools queer advocacy group. It's interesting to see how queer identity mixes with the supernatural, from time to time.

As for my supernatural experiences. I've lived in a haunted house my whole life. While I don't remember it, my mother has told me that my twin brother and I have played with a kind, female ghost who closely represented my deceased grandmother. My mother herself has had experiences in the house with my grandmother, but according to her, my grandmother left (the experiences stopped) around the time I went to kindergarten.

From lurking on the forums and other sites, my main interests are magic, psychic abilities, and secret societies. All of those topics are very large, so I know that I'll have my reading cut out for me. I also hope to be a future Scholar once I start posting on the forum more often. I've always had an interest in paranormal research and being where I'm at, I have the ability to talk to others who are outside ATS, being in a big city. I hope that I can provide to ATS and I hope I can learn a great deal of information here.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Banille

My goals are to either become an investigator or federal agent.

Umm… welcome, heres to hoping you choose the former. Theres less money in it but you'll sleep better nights.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Great to have your here.

If becoming a Federal agent you'll certainly liven up the scene.

Don't let the madness get to you too much...your whole ideology may change.

I can only hope.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Nice introduction, and great skill set for ATS. Welcome to the family. Hope you enjoy the boards, see you out there.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Welcome Banille

It's great to have you with us!

Now just pull up a cyber-chair...

...and sit a spell and we'll go through a few things that could be helpful to know.

First of all, as ATS is a big community and there are lots of forums, you might like to check out the Forums page and see what catches your eye. It will also give you some idea on where to put a new thread if you want to start one after you have your first 20 posts. (Oh, and regarding our 20-post rule, perhaps I should just add that besides giving new members a chance to settle in, it also helps in picking up the obvious spammers before they can wreak too much havoc.)

Because there are so many threads already, it's not a bad idea to do a search here before you eventually post yours. Okay, you won't always find an exact match, but it's helpful to check. You can also use it if you just want to find threads on a certain topic.

Here's some of the threads that are worth a visit early on:

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Important stuff!)
The ATS Freshmans Forum
and...
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

If you need help with anything, feel free to send a message to any of the staff. Just mouse over the “member” tag under any staff member's avatar, then click “send message”.

Also, if you see a post that you think is a problem under the T&Cs, then mouse over the poster's "member" tag like before, but this time click “ALERT!” and perhaps write a few words about why you've alerted it. The alert goes straight to staff (with a link to the post) and we'll look into it as soon as we can.

By the way, if you get “flags” on your thread, this is actually a positive thing! So don't worry if your thread gets “flagged”. The more flags, the better!

Anyway, have a good time and see you around the forums!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Federal agent?!

Slams door

Footsteps heard getting fainter........

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
OH, Hello and welcome!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link