It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yaho, yahweh, yahreah, allah, yah, lah, YHWH, JHVH, YALZA etc.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just a thread compiling some of the history I've ran across while looking into all these differing names used in past and present religious matters in an attempt to get a better perspective at where they've come from. Personally find it all somewhat interesting specially as many of these things relate to our current times and livelihoods to a certain degree.

I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb. Revelation21

There are abundant indications," observes again Prince Teano, 'which seem to demonstrate that the Jehovah of the Hebrews and the Allah of Islam are merely transformations of the primitive lunar deity of Arabia' " (Briffault v3 106).

The status of Sin was so great that from 1900 BC to 900 BC his name is witness to the forging of international treaties as the guarantor of the word of kings. The temple was resotred by Shalmanester of Assyria in the 9th century BC, and again by Asshurbanipal. About550 BC, Nabonidus the last king of Babylon, who originated from Harran, rebuilt the temple of the Moon God, directed by a dream. His mother was high priestess at Harran and his daughter at Ur.

Moses received the covenant on Mt. Sinai, the Mountain of Sin, (also called Horeb and Har Elohim) after passing through the wilderness of Zin. Sinim is the mythical place of spiritual belonging..Lydus expressly asserts that "the Chaldeans called their god Yaho". A Babylonian text reads "The god Ib is my god Yau" (Briffault 3:108).

Yaho is also referred to by Diodorus Siculus, the Valentinian gnostics, the Kaballa and Yahuq among pre-Islamic Arabs. A stele from Byblos, specifically cites Yaveh-Melek, 'Yahweh the King', [who] worships the Queen of Heaven. "It may well be that, ... the name of the god of the Levites as it appeared in their cult cry Hallelu Yah was the true name of the semitic god in all his local forms.... The first part of this cry is still used as a salutation to the new moon among the Bedawi and in Abyssinia" (Briffault v3 110).

The term law'iu or Levite means serpent. The leviathan only later, like Tiamat, became the dark forces of the underworld, like the dark moon. .The costume of Levite priests included a crescent moon on the head dress. The concept of the sabbath day is implicitly lunar. Briffault notes that the association between the serpent and the moon God is common to Ur, Babylonian pictography and South Arabia (3/108).www.dhushara.com...

History teaches us that the Canaanite/Egyptian deity Yah was once personified through the crescent moon, worshiped in humanoid form as referenced in your Torah and Egyptian Metu Neter (hieroglyphics).nuwaubian-hotep.net...

In Babylon the moon god is called "Ia" or Ya. It has both a female and a male identity. In Egypt the Babylonian female "Ia or Ya" was changed into a male god and the female god was named "shua" and made the sky god. When a person then combines these forms into Iashua or Yahshua they have made the moon god the sky god.

This Babylonian/Egypt deity is also called Baal throughout the Scriptures. The Jews did worshiped the moon god when they apostated into idolatry from the true God Ehyeh asher Ehyeh (Elohim/Adonai). Look up the word moon in Hebrew and it is "yareah" which is the same as "Yahweh."http://yahwehism.com/hallelujahgod.html

Moon worship has been practiced in Arabia and the Middle East since about 2000 BC. The crescent moon is the most common symbol of this pagan moon worship. The moon-god was also referred to as "al-ilah". Originally this was not a proper name of a single specific god, but a generic name meaning "the god". Each local Arab tribe would refer to their own local tribal pagan god as "al-ilah". "al-ilah" was later shortened to Allah before Mohammed began promoting his new religion in 610 AD. Mohammed retained almost all the pagan rituals of the Arabs at the temple, Kabah, and redefined them in monotheistic terms. Today Islam is a false monotheistic religion with its roots in polytheistic paganism.www.netbiblestudy.net...

Yah is the Egyptian moon god also known as "Toth". Shu is the Eyptian god of the sky. Put the two words together, you have "Yahshu" or Yahshu, the Egyptian moon god of the sky.
Yahshua and all variations of it descend from the pagan moon god name YHWH. Yahshua is also known as allah. The concordances point yahshua to the aramaic/syrian witchcraft YHWH.
Yeshua (also spelled Yeshu, Y-shua) is an Assyrian word that means "May His Name be Obliterated".

The high point in Yah's popularity can be found following the the Middle Kingdom when many people immigrated from the Levant and the Hyksos ruled Egypt. Hence, it is likely that contact with the regions of Palestine, Syria and Babylon were important in the development of this god in Egypt. George Hart, in his "A Dictionary of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses" believes that these foreigners in Egypt may have associated Yah with the Akkadian moon-god, Sin, who had an important temple at Harron in north Syria.

Archaeological record shows much proof that the god of the names Yah and Yahweh is the same god of the ancient Assyrian pagan
Read more: www.touregypt.net...

edit on 30-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Most Middle East religions stemmed from ancient Egyptian mysteries.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

Ok so if Islam is a Pagan Moon cult like your biased Christian website suggests, then why does the Qu'ran say not to worsship neither the Sun or the Moon or the Stars but the one who created all of them? You do understand that the Bible has been integrated with Roman Pagan/Sun worship while we are on the topic?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EaglesFan

Because it's easy to misplace one's faith from something you can't directly experience with your senses to something you can.

You simply have to have faith in God, but everyone can directly experience the sun and moon and symbols of the same.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

did you miss the first passage listed from Revelation? I assure you the Lamb has to do with a human being and not the sun or moon just as it is stated.

The well-known Middle East scholar H.A.R. Gibb has pointed out that the reason that Muhammad never had to explain who Allah was in the Quran is that his listeners had already heard about Allah long before Muhammad was ever born (Mohammedanism: An Historical Survey, New York: Mentor Books, 1955, p.38).

Dr. Arthur Jeffery, one of the foremost Western Islamic scholars in modern times and professor of Islamic and Middle East Studies at Columbia University, notes:"The name Allah, as the Quran itself is witness, was well known in pre-Islamic Arabia. Indeed, both it and its feminine form, Allat, are found not infrequently among the theophorous names in inscriptions from North Africa" (Islam: Muhammad, and His Religion, New York: The Liberal Arts Press, 1958, p. 85).

The word "Allah" comes from the compound Arabic word, al-ilah. Al is the definite article "the" and ilah is an Arabic word for "god." It is not a foreign word. It is not even the Syriac word for God. It is pure Arabic. (There is an interesting discussion of the origins of Allah, in "Arabic Lexicographical Miscellanies" by J. Blau in the Journal of Semitic Studies, Vol. XVII, #2, 1972, pp. 173-190).

According to the Encyclopedia of Religion:'"Allah" is a pre-Islamic name . . . corresponding to the Babylonian Bel' (Encyclopedia of Religion, I:117 Washington DC, Corpus Pub., 1979).

For those who find it hard to believe that Allah was a pagan name for a peculiar pagan Arabian deity in pre-Islamic times, the following quotations may be helpful:"Allah is found . . . in Arabic inscriptions prior to Islam" (Encyclopedia Britannica, I:643).

"The Arabs, before the time of Mohammed, accepted and worshipped, after a fashion, a supreme god called Allah" (Encyclopedia off Islam, I:302, Leiden: E.J. Brill, 1913, Houtsma).

"Allah was known to the pre-Islamic . . . Arabs; he was one of the Meccan deities" (Encyclopedia off Islam, I:406, ed. Gibb).

"Ilah . . . appears in pre-Islamic poetry . . . By frequency of usage, al-ilah was contracted to Allah, frequently attested to in pre-Islamic poetry" (Encyclopedia off Islam, III:1093, 1971).

"The origin of this (Allah) goes back to pre-Muslim times. Allah is not a common name meaning "God" (or a "god"), and the Muslim must use another word or form if he wishes to indicate any other than his own peculiar deity" (Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, I:326, Hastings).

Dr. Kenneth Cragg, former editor of the prestigious scholarly journal Muslim World and an outstanding modern Western Islamic scholar, whose works are generally published by Oxford University, comments:"The name Allah is also evident in archeological and literary remains of pre-Islamic Arabia" (The Call of the Minaret, New York: Oxford University Press, 1956, p. 31).

According to Middle East scholar E.M. Wherry, whose translation of the Quran is still used today, in pre-Islamic times Allah-worship, as well as the worship of Ba-al, were both astral religions in that they involved the worship of the sun, the moon, and the stars (A Comprehensive Commentary on the Quran, Osnabruck: Otto Zeller Verlag, 1973, p. 36).

In Arabia, the sun god was viewed as a female goddess and the moon as the male god. As has been pointed out by many scholars such as Alfred Guilluame, the moon god was called by various names, one of which was Allah! (Islam, p. 7).

The name Allah was used as the personal name of the moon god, in addition to other titles that could be given to him.Allah, the moon god, was married to the sun goddess. Together they produced three goddesses who were called "the daughters of Allah." These three goddesses were called Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, and Manat.The daughters of Allah, along with Allah and the sun goddess were viewed as "high" gods. That is, they were viewed as being at the top of the pantheon of Arabian deities."Along with Allah, however, they worshipped a host of lesser gods and "daughters of Al-lah" (Encyclopedia of World Mythology and Legend, I:61)".

The Crescent Moon Symbol

The symbol of the worship of the moon god in Arabian culture and elsewhere throughout the Middle East was the crescent moon.

Archaeologists have dug up numerous statues and hieroglyphic inscriptions in which a crescent moon was seated on top of the head of the deity to symbolize the worship of the moon god. In the same fashion as the sun is pictured above the Egyptian deity.

While the moon was generally worshiped as a female deity in the Ancient Near East, the Arabs viewed it as a male deity.

The literal Arabic name of Muhammad's father was Abd-Allah. His uncle's name was Obied-Allah. These names reveal the personal devotion that Muhammad's pagan family had to the worship of Allah, the moon god.

Source
edit on 11/1/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

That is fine but some have also made the case that Al-ilah came from the word El-ohim and if so that would suggest that the Jews were worshiping a Moon God also. As for the Crescent Moon, you do understand that was introduced by the Ottoman Empire? Since when did the Ottomans have the authority to introduce images which contradict the very religion they proclaim to follow?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It is usually the entities that desired to lord over humanity, that also desired that we offer our energy in worshipping and sacrifice utilising their name. Beware of what is invited in addressing... Many spiritual traps in long established re-legions to seduce us into agreements that can bind. Until we cease giving our power away to those ancient deceiving gods, they will continue to feed upon war, suffering and power granted by our will to abide unto such overlordships since the time of the ancients.

Same players, similar names, same traps in snaring.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Neoleon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Yes I've read that as well and some of the quotes above allude to that connection yet going back much further and still we have these images to this day visibly linked to that "religion" also

The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things Acts17

Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

www.quransurat.com...

The dome is topped by a full moon decoration which evokes the familiar crescent moon symbol of Islam. It is aligned so that if you could look through it, you would be looking straight towards Mecca.www.sacred-destinations.com...

muslimvoices.org...

many learned men believe that "Al" is derived from Arabic but some disagree with the derivation of Allah. "I beg the reader to observe, that Arabians, from whose language the word al properly comes, have the word for Sun, in feminine, and that for the moon, in the masculine gender; … The word Aleim … has been derived the Arabic word Allah, by many learned men; but Mr. Bellamy says this cannot be admitted; for Hebrew is not the derived, but the primitive language. … The Alah, articulo emphatico alalah (calassio) of Arabians, is evidently the … Al of the Chaldees Anacalypsis (V. 1; p. 64-65, 67)

"Elohim, the plural of the Hebrew word eloha, "god," a lengthened form of the Canaanite word el (Aramaic alaha; Arabic ilah), is most frequently used for the God of Israel in the Old Testament. … The Israelites probably borrowed the Canaanite plural noun elohim and made it singular in meaning in their cultic practices and theological reflections (The New Encyclopaiedia Britannica, Micropaedia, Vol. III, 15th Edition, p. 863)."

Jesus answered and said to him, “What I do you do not realize now, but you will understand hereafter.” Peter *said to Him, “Never shall You wash my feet!” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.”John13

www.flickr.com...

It is in fact one of the oldest icons in human history, having been known in graphic depictions since at least as early as the Babylonian period in Mesopotamia. The stele of Ur Namu, for example, dating from 2100 BC, includes the crescent moon to symbolise the god Sin, along with a star representing Shamash, the sun god. Later the moon became a female deity, typified by the goddess Artemis and her many counterparts, including Diana, who was celebrated as the moon-goddess in Roman times and depicted with a crescent on her brow. The device seems to have entered Islam via the Seljuk Turks who dominated Anatolia in the 12th century, and was widely used by their successors, the Ottoman Turks, who eventually became the principal Islamic nation, and whose Sultan held the title of Caliph until 1922. The story that the Ottomans adopted the crescent to symbolise their conquest of Constantinople must be dismissed as mere legend, since the device considerably predates 1453.
William G Crampton, Director of the Flag Institute, Chester.

edit on 31-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You simply have to have faith in God, but everyone can directly experience the sun and moon and symbols of the same.

i could be wrong...but in my experience, there is nothing simple about "having faith in ____" unless you are accustomed to reaching conclusions without due process.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You are showing me some great information and thanks for that also..

Too me the Crescent Moon isn't so much an Islamic symbol but a symbol which has sort of been tagged with Islam through the ages.. It wasn't something Mohammad would of used to symbolise Islam and why another group or Empire would fully knowing it contradicts the teachings of Islam I do not know.

Now I understand that the Moon was worshiped in ancient times by many different cultures or groups but I go back to what is taught in the Qu'ran (The horses mouth) before I listen to any scholar/expert etc and it's the same story every time.. Do not prostrate to the Sun and the Moon and the Stars. Islam makes it very clear that the Sun, the Moon and the Stars are not to be worshiped and therefore I cannot see how Islam are worshiping a Moon God when their very own scripture condemns it.

Now the Judeo/Christian view may be to demonise this religion at any cost, maybe they are correct in a sense also but without using the Qu'ran you cannot possibly get an accurate answer to this issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I appreciate your tone of communication but realize I've been directly visited by the raised, eternal, invisible, immortal (1Timothy1, Acts9 etc.) Lord Jesus (spoken as the spelling sounds) Himself audibly just as the New Testament prophesied sitting to my left one night that literally saved my life at that instant (John5, 1&2Thessalonians1,2 etc.) yet before knowing any of scriptures at all, there's clearly no other name or man above that Authority or Power, we all will face Him obviously one way or another, sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neoleon
It is usually the entities that desired to lord over humanity, that also desired that we offer our energy in worshipping and sacrifice utilising their name. Beware of what is invited in addressing... Many spiritual traps in long established re-legions to seduce us into agreements that can bind. Until we cease giving our power away to those ancient deceiving gods, they will continue to feed upon war, suffering and power granted by our will to abide unto such overlordships since the time of the ancients.

Same players, similar names, same traps in snaring.

Ra-ligions..................yes even in the language that they have created in the world bears their signature born in subliminally venerating the 'gods' of this world. Their stamp is everywhere.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb. Revelation21

In this reality there is seems to be a planet called Earth on which you stand - you look up and say that it is the sun that makes the light here on Earth. But you also know that when you are in bed asleep, that dreaming happens - where does the light come from in a dream? Is it the sun or moon shining that illuminates?
What is it that is illuminating? The illumination, the light, appears..... it is shone by God and it is seen by God.

Scriptures point to the fact that the seer and seen are one.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Just to put it out there, it was determined in a thread that Yeshua is the correct name of Jesus, but it goes further that that - Yeshua is the same name as Joshua in English. The reason, is that the true name of Jesus is the same as the Joshua of the Old Testament, meaning 2nd Lawgiver, since Joshua was second in command, and Redeemer as a second name because of the teachings, also I believe it is true they called him Teacher of Righteousness, and he was strongly against worship of idols, including him - he did not teach anybody to worship him, and one of the requirements was to leave your family to follow him, so he did not teach to worship his mother either - that is the root of paganism and if you tell people that, they won't believe it because they are not smart enough to escape the shackels of delusion.

It is true the Greeks name him Ἰησοῦς. Guess how it was pronounced? (ee-ay-sooce'). Guess how it is pronounced in the root Latin still? 'Hey Sus'. The Greeks added 'Sus' 'Sues' or 'Zues' to prophets after the name of their gods, just as the Hebrews ended the names of prophets with 'Yah' or 'Ah' on their names - it is the same thing, the evidence is layed out, and they can't keep arguing against it.

I am not undermining Christ, I am just saying tales like turning water into wine have turned up to be pagan lies that are compiled in the NT which is really a betrayal, I didn't want the world to be liars going back 1,000s of years, I knew they were liars in this age but I didn't know they kept lying throughout history.

So Do Not Say Jesus! Say Joshua if you call him by his first name, it has always been considered disrespectful to call someone by a wrong name in history and that is why they attempt to change it. And if you worshipped him for his teachings than you would know that the beliefs some of you have provoke jealousy and anger, which is directly opposing God. How would you like it if you taught something, and your student turned away from your teachings but still claimed they were following them, and yet they keep calling you by your wrong name??? The creators of our history books are the same people that would not allow Christianity. The same creators of the Christian religion in Rome are the same people that would not allow Christianity in the form it took from the beginning. Will people see that? They will, and it has happened.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

The name from heaven is Jesus just as He pronounced it audibly and just as the spelling is pronounced in the scriptures of the New Testament in most all versions of the English language.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
1John2

1 Corinthians 12
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

the Egyptian word for water is "mu." And when the daughter of Pharoah took Moses out of the water she called him in the Egyptian language "MOUSES" or as later Grecianized "Moseus" and finally as "Moses." We are told by ancient authorities that the name Moses means just as I have described with "Mo" meaning "water" and "Uses" meaning he who is saved by water. Moseus is more accurately Museus when we convert the Mo back to Mu. If we drop the "M" and replace this with a "J" we would have Juseus and this is remarkable since Moses prophecied that another would come like unto him and he the people were to follow or be destroyed. We can see that "Mo" is accurately taken from the Egyptian "mu" and we shall make all the authorities who claim expertise in ancient linguistics to deny that "uses" is the correct ancient articulation of "ses or sus."

In the ancient Egyptian script the cobra stood for both the letters "G" and "J" and since Moses transferred to the Paleo-Hebrew new word forms using the Egyptian language we expect these sounds to follow. And they did follow up to at least the Babel Babylonian adoption of Aramaic around 600BC. Then it appears the "J" sounding became "Y." Even later transfer of these word forms into Arabic as "e"as in Essa (Jesus). The Aramaic "Y' into German Yiddish was the source of most Protestant adoption of Yeshua and then called it Hebrew. Babel Aramaic is not Hebrew.

"Je" is the abbreviation of "YEH" or "JEH" the sacred name of God at the burning bush, and that "Uses or Usus" (these are the same)

Paleo-Hebrew word forms are derived from Egyptian or Phonicean. The modern "J" sounding is nearly the same as the Egyptian soft "G" and the cobra stood for both articulations. It is only reasonable then to see that the Paleo-Hebrew "G" and the "I" also carried the same characteristics. Moses used the Egyptian "Je" as in "Jelly" giving the letter "I" the "Jod" or "G - J" when he renamed Paleo-Hebrew Oshea to Jehoshea.

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John3

And then EHYEH is a revelation of the Covenant God. So that these point to the fullness of the revelation of the GREAT name of Yehshas or Jesus as Creator God, the Blessing God, the Covenant God, and lastly the Saving God. Hence we have here that as the tabernacle and all the symbols and rituals of the Old Testament were TYPES and SHADOWS to be fulfilled and brought to their climax and completion with Christ and the New Testament Church WITH THE REAL, so all the temporary and substitute names and titles of God were only types and shadows of the REAL name of God revealed in Jesus Christ. So that the name of Jesus or Yehshas is not derived from any name of God, but visa versa, they were all derived from and point to Jesus Christ from which they all have their type.

Jesus can be seen to have come down to us from Paleo-Hebrew to Latin as Iesvs. Iesvs is the Latin spelling of a Hebrew name for Jesus. Thee Greek Iesous is a Greek spelling of the Hebrew name for Jesus. While the name Jesus is in three languages it is still a Hebrew name. Jesus is as close as we can get it from Paleo Hebrew. Jesus--Jehshoo(s). Jehshoo(s) was derived from the earlier Hebrew "Yeh" a contraction of EHYEH, and "yesha" the Hebrew word for salvation. Jesus name then means Ehjeh saves.

Ehjeh asher Ehjeh in Exodus 3:14. It is generally accepted to mean I AM that I AM. Ehjeh was the God of deliverance for the Israelites from Egypt. The name Jesus derived from Ehjeh ( I AM) plus that of Yesha (salvation) reveals the God of the burning bush as DELIVERER but now who has appeared to bring SALVATION (See Matthew 1:23). The meaning of Jesus' name is captured in the words of Gabriel: "thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Jesus is a correct and accurate rendering of the Hebrew Jeh-yesha and the associated names Jeh-oshea, Jehoshua, and JehShua(s). The Iesous spelling in Greek is a Jewish name not a Greek name. On the cross the name Jesus was written in Hebrew as Iehshas, in Greek as Iesous, in Latin as Iesus. The Iesous spelling is found in the 280BC Septuagint Greek version of the Jewish Scriptures (In Greek there is no "sh" sound so the "h" is omitted)...www.benabraham.com..

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. Hebrews1
edit on 1-11-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Interesting info. I will have to do more research to see if there are any correlations betweent he ancient Greek language and the ancient Egyptian language. It is hard for me to understand why Akkadian was so different than Sumerian, but the written language was the same. I could only guess that the Egyptians got the style of writing from Sumer. I would believe it also, do you know why the Sumerians shaved their head bald? They shaved their whole body, but they wore fake beards. it doesn't make much sense. And every time their expression is strange. They are always watching intently. They gave themselves the name Watchers. And they gave the first angels the name Watchers. The Egyptians seemed to be replicating this a 1,000 years later. You can see by their posture, and that they were obsessed with shaving their whole body. They said that Greeks and Romans, although many Greeks shaved, just the philosophers did not, were unclean because of body hair. It appears the Egyptians were trying to bring back lost traditions of the Sumerians. It is just a thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This morning while researching I stumbled across the below quote from a thread written in 2003.

It appears to be very relevant to this topic...

originally posted by: mikromarius
This leads me into another interesting topic: The meaning of names. Let's start with Simon Peter since this name came up here in the thread: His original name Simon means "listening" or "hearkening". In other words Simon Peter translates "Listening Rock" not Simon the Rock. Jesus is the cornerstone and the Rock of God, YHWH. To believe in Jesus is to be like Jesus. Jesus said by calling Simon for Peter, that "the Listener" is "the Rock" meaning he was like him because he had listened and become like him. The name Jesus or Yeshuah is a variant of Yehoshuah which means "YHWH is Salvation". But the pronounciation of the Hebrew word for salvation is nearly identical to Yeshuah: "Yeshuw`ah". Yehoshuah simply says: YHWH is Jesus. YesHuWaH is the correct way to read the Tetragrammon . Jesus is Adam's God, YHWH.

Hence: It was Jesus who cast Adam and Eve out of Eden. It was Jesus who gave Moses the Law. It was Jesus who established the land of Israel. YHWH is Jesus. The Father of YHWH is God. YHWH is the Word of God. YHWH is the Light. God called the Light Day. One day equals 1000 years: Jesus is the Millennium.

But the Jewish clergy cast away YHWH and further complicated his Law. They replaced YHWH with Adonai meaning the Lord which is a term we know from Ba'alism. Ba'al means Lord or Adonai in Hebrew. YHWH means Salvation, not Lord. The sign of salvation is the morning star. Jesus/YHWH/Salvation is the clear Morning Star. Like Adam disobeyed YHWH in Eden, the Jews at the time of Jesus disobeyed YHWH by giving him the title of Ba'al: Adonai meaning the Lord, and the really funny thing is that it seems someone was quick to make sure this was also the title ascribed to Jesus by the people who either wrote or edited the books of the New Testament. Beelzebul which is a popular name for Satan is written Ba'al Sebul meaning "the Lord who is lifted up". The dead Jesus on the cross tree. The main symbol of the Catholic Church.

Adam=Man
Eve=Life
Seth=Breath

And YHWH Elohim formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

You can't understand the subliminal messages of the Tannakh unless you read it in Hebrew and know the importance of the meaning of names. And names also have higher meanings. Names is a language in it's own.

In the end I'll put in a caramel of the more fruity kind: Have you ever wondered about why Jesus was called Jesus (YHWH) and not Immanuel ("God with us" or simply "our God" if you want to take it further)? Well look at this: Jesus pronounced in Norwegian is Yésus. Written back again into English it writes Yesus. Yes u=s. Now take the prophetic name Immanuel and replace the u with an s: Immansel. I'm Man's El. I AM THE GOD OF ADAM. The God of Adam was YHWH, in other words Jesus. A timeless riddle solved or just madness in the mind of a lunitic? I have said here that Jesus is YHWH. Why has the world has cast away YHWH and replaced him with "the Lord" which is the title of Ba'al? The name Ba'al means Lord. They have replaced Salvation with Ba'al. This is so incredibly confusing that when you understand it have to change the way you pray, the way you think, the way you freakin' walk and talk. It's incredibly difficult.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rustami
I appreciate your tone of communication but realize I've been directly visited by the raised, eternal, invisible, immortal (1Timothy1, Acts9 etc.) Lord Jesus (spoken as the spelling sounds) Himself audibly just as the New Testament prophesied sitting to my left one night that literally saved my life at that instant (John5, 1&2Thessalonians1,2 etc.) yet before knowing any of scriptures at all, there's clearly no other name or man above that Authority or Power, we all will face Him obviously one way or another, sooner or later.

What I find fascinating is that so many Muslims are having similar experiences as well.

This also includes many Imans according to one video below...

Khalil was a sholar who was asked to research the Bible, so he could convince others about its fault. (he was forced to do the research, he didn't like to touch the bible.)

"A radical Islamic terrorist from Egypt changed from a murderous "Saul" to a forgiving "Paul" after Jesus Christ visited him in a soul-penetrating dream. This hater of both Christians and Jews set out to discredit the Bible, but instead, he was transformed when Jesus appeared to him and changed his heart."

"In a dream, he saw a man, who came to him and told him that he was the one for whom Khalil had been searching. Khalil didn’t know who the man was. The man told him to look in the Book (the Bible). Khalil said the Book and all his papers were lost, to which the man replied, “The book never gets lost. Get up and open your closet and you will find it. The rest of your papers will be returned to you by the end of the week.”

"Khalil woke up from the dream and opened his closet. His very own copy of the Bible was inside the closet on a shelf."

Muslim Encounters with Jesus

And I remember thinking man it's up to me, if I am going to ever get to Heaven, I would have to prove that I am worthy of Heaven. Then one night I met Jesus. I remember him standing there and forever changing my perception of who God was, who I would be and how my life would play out, it changed evrything about me... Naeem Fazal

edit on 3-11-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Dreams, visions, and supernatural healings are also taking place among many Muslim women as well...

"I won’t let you die. I am Jesus, son of Mary."

Esther Gulshan is a pakistani muslim woman who has cried out to Jesus for 3 years to get healed from her handicap. Jesus appeared to her with a powerful shining light and since then a long and beautiful travel has begun...

Esther Gulshan was healed and set free by Jesus Christ HIMSELF!

When Esther Gulshan, a devout Muslim girl, was six months old, typhoid left her a cripple. Her loving father took her from Pakistan to England to find a cure, but the only hope the British specialist could offer was prayer. Gulshan and her father made a pilgrimage to Mecca and begged Allah for healing, but it was not until her father’s untimely death that Gulshan began to receive an answer. In her grief she wanted to die, but as she called out to God, for the first time in her life she sensed she was being heard. She heard a low, gentle voice say, "I won’t let you die. I will keep you alive "I am Jesus, son of Mary."

As Gulshan began reading the Quran, her interest in Jesus grew, until one amazing night he appeared to her in her bedroom in a blaze of light. He restored her crippled arm and leg and taught her The Lord’s Prayer. He told her to go to his people—now her people—and tell them what he had done. Since that time, and to this day, she has been a joyous, obedient disciple of Christ. Her book "The Torn Veil" is an amazing story of faith and determination.

Video playlist
The Torn Veil

I SAW JESUS! - Esther Gulshan's story (Part 1 of 10)

Esther's Vision of Jesus and Twelve Angels

In her book Esther reports that beginning after her father's death when she was 16 years old, she began to hear the voice of Jesus, encouraging her to read about Him in the Quran. At the age of 19 she says she had a vision of Jesus and twelve other radiant beings in her bedroom at 3am, just before morning prayers. At that time her limbs were instantly and completely healed. At the same time He healed her, Esther recounts that Jesus said, "What you have seen now with your eyes you must take to my people," then he taught her The Lord's Prayer and told her one more time before departing, "I want you to be my witness." As a result of her healing, Esther immediately became a local celebrity.

Later, in light of some hostility from Muslims who didn't like her testimony that Jesus had healed her, Esther began to wonder why He was considered an unimportant or peripheral character by Muslims. She further began to question why, if Jesus could heal the sick and raise the dead, was he considered less important than Mohammed, who could not perform these feats. She also puzzled over the fact that the Quran contained almost no information or teachings about Jesus, even while stating that he was a noble and favored prophet. Esther wrote that The Lord's Prayer taught her that Jesus has primacy over any prophet, and is proof of the Kingship of Jesus, since it was He who taught her the prayer (during their brief encounter) and it is He who will establish the earthly kingdom of God upon his return from Heaven.

The True Story of Esther Gulshan

Many African Muslims are having visions dreams, angelic appearances and hearing God's voice
Many Muslims are seekers after God, and this is good. The Hebrew prophet Jeremiah wrote: "You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). Whether Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, nominal Christian, or nothing at all- the challenge is to seek God because the promise is He will be found. Jesus said something quite similar: "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well" (Matthew 6:33). Since we are created in the image of God, made by and for Him, we will never be complete and satisfied until we know Him personally. We are all one people despite the labels we receive in this world, and the Creator God is He who sent His Son, Jesus, that the walls of separation might be broken down.

The challenge is to make up your own mind about Jesus Christ. Learn about Him yourself and not merely accept the opinions and prejudices of others. Find a New Testament, read the story of His life, and see if you find anything amiss with Him, and sin, anything false. Find an Old Testament and read of the prophecies of the Messiah (which is Hebrew for Christ), passages like Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53, and see if these passages are not about Jesus. If you seek Him, He will be found. A Challenge to Seekers

edit on 3-11-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

There are some who feel that you shouldn't call Jesus by that name, but the problem I see with that is we have no record of him as anything else. The name we have is the Greek name as all the documentary evidence of the NT is in Greek. The people that want to make these claims want to put him back in his context, and thats great, I'm all for that, but if Greek was so bad, or the name Iesus was a pagan name, why is that the only evidence that was passed down in the holy book? Because usually these same people are arguing for the Inerrant Scriptures.

It does not compute. But like Rustami said, Jesus is the correct transliteration of Yeshua anyway.

BTW I held to this belief for a little while, that we shouldn't say God, and Jesus, instead Elohim or Yahweh and Yeshua. I understand the reasons why people try to say it, but I disagree (now)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join