It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, the Flood and the Card up his Sleave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If we are to believe the Goode Booke which original title is automatically censored here at ATS as a profanity, and which reads “Just Bollocks” in my language, well there’s more to this nonsense. And this one is rather profound. For there is quite a bit of sense in it too if you follow my lead here:

”I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When […] the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant […] the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.” [ESV] Genesis 9:13-15

Now, the deal Noah forges between him, God, the Earth and all flesh — is that never again shall the waters (Hebr. המים ”hamayim”) become a flood (Hebr. מבול “mabul”) as means to to destroy all flesh. Sounds nice. Reassuring even. God is Good and all of that. But if I’ve learned anything about the Good LORD over the years, it is that “He is who He is” — his irony is beyond subtle. Irony is basically his main trade it seems. And to me these verses from Noach are written with a fork and a grin.

So what’s the catch? What’s the hidden meaning, the small print, the false intentions? Am I saying God will bring about the Flood again? Maybe. For there is a catch (as always with God): It’s in the rainbow (Hebr. הקשת “haqqeseth”). And this is where it gets kinda odd, funny even, bordering creepy — for in my language the Hebrew word for Rainbow spells out “haven’t seen”. And what happens when God “haven’t seen” the whossitsnameagain? You get it: The FLOOD suddenly returns to God’s arsenal, as a viable option for destroying all life again as he does from time to time (and he's actually over due it seems). What God says here, is that as long as there are rainbows around in the clouds of the sky, we’re quite safe from world wide floods, but when they disappear into distant memories and ultimately into history… In short: We’re doomed. Or so it seems at first glance anyway.

For how long will the rainbows be visible here on Earth if we continue to turn up the temperature of the atmosphere here, making the air more and more moist and gathering water higher up into the spheres, making weird stuff happening like how the contrails of airplanes turn into cirrus clouds that fold out to cover the whole sky and produce rain? That never happened 20-30 years ago. A dark and drizzling omen of times to come, perhaps? I believe so. I believe we are heading towards a future without much rainbows and one where worldwide floods like the ones following the last ice ages where sea-level rose and dropped by hundreds of feet— are commonplace. With the atmosphere getting so dense with water, that eventually the only direct Sunlight Earth gets is above the pouring rain and the thick layer of clouds, we will be baked lukewarm like the last fishes wrapped in the last tinfoil hats? Humidity literally condensing everywhere, leaving us in a chemical soup with typhoid infested malaria pits everywhere even where there are glaciers today?

When the mean temperature rises here on Earth at the pace we see, more and more water vapour is released, and water vapour is a greenhouse gas that dwarves CO2 and Methane into utter insignificance, so it also leads to even higher temperatures, leading to more vapour into the air, and higher up. Maybe it’s not CO2 we should worry about. Not even Methane. Is it the “Waters on Earth” called “hamayim” — and the “Waters above the Earth” called “shamayim” that will eventually render this Earth uninhabitable and a hazardous hangout in space? Is the story of Noah the story of global warming? I’d say check. Was Man designed to live in water? Check again. And will it leave us where we once started according to the Booke; on a planet encapsulated in a cheese clock of ice where the Sun, Moon and Stars are made formless and invisible reduced to shifting light and darkness, but no visible source? What we have come to learn is the most vital precondition for life as we know it, has become humanity’s and all life on Earth’s Arch Nemesis numero uno. Water.

So what’s the way out of this mess of astronomical proportions? As so often with existential dilemmas, the answer is in the question itself. Astronomical. We must move the Earth inside. Stack it inside an astronomical but manmade structure — in levels and floors and quadrants, with varying and controlled gravity. We must make our own atmosphere, eco-systems and biotopes and stack up enough water to last for eternity. The solution? The Cubus Christi (link to a post in one of my old ATS threads). The Cubus Christi will be our iron lung and our only hope if we plan to stay and live on this planet. That’s what I believe anyway, and that’s the part of me speaking which is still slightly religious. But it's equal parts science. I don’t see this as mumbo jumbo Saint Peter and the Pearly Gate. This is Christ’s or Humanity's Big Plan B since plan A involved humanity actually behaving sensibly in the first place understanding the consequences of his creativity and ingenious inventions. As if that has ever happened.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. [ESV] Revelation 21:1f

And her husband is The Planet Earth, long suffering under humanity’s over-consumption and greed. Cursed for our iniquities, wounded for our transgressions and out of it’s open wounds we draw it’s life force, burning it to ashes. God's suffering servant. The most beautiful sphere in the world. Earth. What a wicked view we have. We don’t need Genesis or Isaiah to remind us of that. So. If we are to believe the Goode Booke: Over the next millennium or so, humanity will have to sort our situation out. And I believe we will design and build this giant structure in orbit, described in a nearly 2000 year old book supposedly written by a Greek speaking Jewish hatter while in Roman captivity.

Using the Moon and the asteroids for building material, we will be putting together a proper "Bride" for the Earth, about the size of a natural moon, shaped like a cube, and and the City’s length is 1/18th of the Earth’s circumference. It’s so bloody huge all you can make of it when standing by one of it’s 144 cubit thick walls, is just that, a seemingly endless leaning wall fading into heaven and the thin air, giving us the illusion of it leaning inwards and upwards. If you see one end, you don’t see the other. Most of it protrudes into weightless space and it’s mass will (well, it’s God’s call eventually, so) potentially make the Earth stop spinning around it’s axis mundi and settle with his astronomical Bride, the new Jerusalem, the Cubus Christi, the Kabaregidapot, as she is moved into and anchored to the Earth from it’s orbit. Thus this newly wed and properly sealed Earth will be left in tidal lock with the Sun if my numbers are correct — and the water will gather on the far side as ice, storing Earth’s freshwater, and on the other side the Sun never sets. Hell. As in Helios. The scourging heat of the never-setting Sun.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Formatting + grin + typos and syntax

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Oh I wouldn't worry too much . Seems that the next thing to take serious note of is when you pull out those hundred/20 dollar bills and hear "say what" .Think Babylon has fallen has fallen .Then set your time with His time and you should be fine ...peace

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Oy vey, all this for more global warming alarmism. Have you read the news lately? That has been pretty much debunked.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
it wasn't much of a promise anyways
God has much more in his arsenal than floods
meteors comets exploding suns
and well there's always the big one
man's own stupidity!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Let's not make this a discussion of whether greenhouse effect is real or not. It is. Problem is that while we are trying to prove and disprove man's involvement to this, well, the Sun is getting hotter, the temperature of the oceans is rising, floods -- we are having them now over here as we speak, and getting meaner and more powerful for every year, more and more extreme weather, more earthquakes and volcanoes, hurricanes and typhoons of epic proportions, super-cells.... While you argue over man's responsibility in this, the world is becoming a swamp. And there's a swamp monster too.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Let's not make this a discussion of whether greenhouse effect is real or not. It is. Problem is that while we are trying to prove and disprove man's involvement to this, well, the Sun is getting hotter, the temperature of the oceans is rising, floods -- we are having them now over here as we speak, and getting meaner and more powerful for every year, more and more extreme weather, more earthquakes and volcanoes, hurricanes and typhoons of epic proportions, super-cells.... While you argue over man's responsibility in this, the world is becoming a swamp. And there's a swamp monster too.

Of course the greenhouse effect is real, this planet has an atmosphere. Are you sure the sun is getting hotter? Are you sure about the ocean temperatures? You do know that climate patters are cyclical, right? 11-year cycles, long cycles?

I live in a desert, dude. We have drought conditions most of the time so forgive me if I ain't feelin ya.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Apparently the Sun's temperature has been rising steadily since we left the Little Ice Age. Take a peek at this Temperature chart. Yes, the global temperature is rising exponentially. And there is stuff happening on the Sun that baffles science. It is true that over the last 30 odd years Sol has been generally getting "colder", but the all over trend is pointing upwards. There is the 11-12 year cycle of the sun, and there is the longterm cycles. Coinciding with ice ages and other genetic bottlenecks, over and over.

This has indirectly to do with how the Sun spins up it's magnetic field over time, and sooner rather than later this will end in a magnetic reversal of the Sun's magnetic field. Not a pole shift as such, for the Sun has no south pole, but a violent disturbance in Sol's gravitational and magnetic fields. Typically auroras all over the globe, major temperature deviations and an electromagnetic and cosmic radiation crapstorm to knock out just about anything electronic and possibly even biological. So, yah, Oy indeed! Oy Vey! The Hasidim won't need curling irons after this crap has hit the fan at near light speed.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: bottlenecks etc

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

So basically, you think our "global warming" will violate God's rainbow contract, which may result in another global flood of water. Firstly, global warming is not man made, and its not a serious issue. Secondly, a flood of fire is next on the list, and its coming soon. You'll remember the words of the Lord when the 6th Seal is broken.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Nothing will violate the deal. No. God was simply simply smart. Extreme global warming will eventually remove the rainbow from the sky, since there will be no direct sunlight, and God's deal only works as long as the rainbow is present.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The kings know about this too, check out the Norwegian monarch's orb:

==> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well, If we take a look at the book of Revelation, we will see that the next time God exterminates the human race won't be by water.
But you have an interesting point; As long as our atmosphere can produce a rainbow, God will keep His covenant.

I disagree in the fact that He will forget the covenant (even if the atmosphere cannot produce a rainbow). He does not lie.

But is up to us as creatures living in this rock, to keep reminding us of the immeasurable power of God (whatever you call God, since the myth of the world flood does not belong to christianity only).

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There was no world wide flood a mile high lasting a year. There was no ark full of the worlds animals. People all can't point to Noah as their common ancestor. Science has proven this. Therefore, the 'rainbow contract' didn't happen and the story means nothing. Taking an ancient fairytale and trying to attach a 'global warming' meaning to it is clever and inventive, but it doesn't work. I'll give a star and flag for imagination.
But I still have to say the premise isn't there.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

If your to be extinct with all life on your planet it will be death by your own star or meteor belt. It's like HAARP it comes back on no one.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Worth noticing that "Ha-mayim" meaning 'the waters' is often used of rivers like the Nile and Euphrates. I believe the Biblical flood is based off of the Atrahasis Epos and that flood is limited to Mesopotamia. Anu and Ellil uses dams and flood gates to destroy the Chaldean plains. I also believe the destruction of Bosphoros creating the Black- and Caspian Seas after sea levels had risen by 120 meter after the last Ice Age was a major inspiration. These events were indeed cataclysmic. I've been in some heavy weather in open seas, and when you are on the bottom of a five meter tall wave, well you don't see much more than water all around.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: seas

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Worth noticing that "Ha-mayim" meaning 'the waters' is often used of rivers like the Nile and Euphrates. I believe the Biblical flood is based off of the Atrahasis Epos and that flood is limited to Mesopotamia. Anu and Ellil uses dams and flood gates to destroy the Chaldean plains. I also believe the destruction of Bosphoros creating the Black- and Caspian Seas after sea levels had risen by 120 meter after the last Ice Age was a major inspiration. These events were indeed cataclysmic. I've been in some heavy weather in open seas, and when you are on the bottom of a five meter tall wave, well you don't see much more than water all around.

Is worth to notice too, that throughout the world, ancient civilizations started to build upwards, even living in hard to reach areas of the worlds. So they knew that something happen and were looking for ways to prevent it. That's why they built the Babel Tower, God confounded their language, and people speaking the same left together. That explains why the coincidences in most of the religions of the world.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Another thing. What used to be the tallest and most massive manmade structure on Earth for several millennia, the Great Keops Pyramid in Egypt was originally completely hermetic and waterproof allowing it to be fully submerged when the Nile flooded. The ancient Egyptians and Mesopotamians controlled their rivers, and in the event of a foreign invading force "flooding" into the Nile valley for instance, signals could be given upstream to release accumulated water from side canals and reservoirs, completely flooding the valley, washing everything (like the city of Thebes and Cleopathra's mausoleum) armies and buildings into the Med. If you ever get to Alexandria or elsewhere in the Nile delta and you have a diver's licence, there is an undersea world off the coast of the Nile Delta packed with evidence of floods, manmade and natural that has happened several times even in modern history. And then we have the story of Moses, the Levite who became an Egyptian prince and a certain event where moses signals by rising his staff in the air so "the waters (Heb. "Ha-mayim") stood like walls to the right and left" until Moses made a signal with his staff again on the other side and the walls opened up washing the Egyptian followers into the sea. It is interesting to notice that if we calibrate the calendar for axial precession, Passover would be celebrated exactly when the annual Nile floodings would start.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It is interesting to notice that if we calibrate the calendar for axial precession, Passover would be celebrated exactly when the annual Nile floodings would start.

When Sirius the dog appears low in the horizon.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Yes, and that's another interesting thing. Sirius seems to move relative to the backdrop of stars, and it seems to move in a rather fixed motion matching the Earth's axial precession, showing up in different constellations. I believe Sol and Sirius is a twin system, and that it is Sirius which makes our axis mundi precede. I have no direct proof of this, but seeing how Sirius has risen precisely as expected according to the solar calendar, eventhough the backdrop of stars move about 30° eastwards over the coarse of roughly 2000 years. Odd indeed.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Nothing will violate the deal. No. God was simply simply smart. Extreme global warming will eventually remove the rainbow from the sky, since there will be no direct sunlight, and God's deal only works as long as the rainbow is present.

The end of the age will occur long before the extreme global warming, you are currently concerned about removing potential rainbows,comes into play. A moment which reverses God's promise by a "technicality" in your mind.

God's promise is a promise; never again shall a flood kill all flesh.

God Bless,

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Our ancestors knew quite a lot back on those days.

The star of Isis, called Sothis, or Sirius, is the brightest star in our night sky. Modern astronomy has determined that it is only 8 1/2 light-years distant, and traveling directly towards Earth at many thousands of miles per hour. The Ancient Egyptians believed that Sirius had a tremendous effect upon life on our planet.

The system of Sirius contains two known stars, the first binary star system discovered. The larger and brighter of the two, Sirius A, is three times the mass of our sun, and over ten times as bright. Shining with a brilliant blue-white radiance, Sirius A easily overshadows her darker companion star. Sirius B is a "white dwarf" star, invisible to the naked eye and packing the equivalent mass of our sun into an incredibly dense globe only 4 times the diameter of our Earth.

The Sirius system is directly "upstream" of our solar system within the galactic arm of our Milky Way Galaxy. Because of this, we now know that the polarized energies of Sirius do indeed wash over us. Modern science is yet to discover if this vast current of highly charged particles affects solar activity or life on Earth .

By coming directly towards us, Sirius creates an axis of rotation with Earth relative to the stellar background. Because of this, of all the stars in the sky, only the annual heliacal rising of Sirius exactly matches the length of our solar year, 365.25 days.

The Ancient Egyptians were somehow aware of this unique relationship between our system and Sirius and marked the heliacal rising of Sirius as the first day of their calendar year.

Even today, unbeknownst to most of the people of the world, our News Years Eve celebration is a continuation of a most ancient ritual honoring the return of Sirius to the midheaven position at midnight. Occurring down through the ages around January 1st, this midnight alignment marks the moment when the energies of Sirius, directly overhead, most closely touch our lives in her most singular purity. For countless thousands of years and all around the world, without knowing the hidden reason, we have marked this midnight moment by jumping for joy as the rush of this vital connection surges through us.

Sirius B traces an elliptical orbit around Sirius A, and their common center of gravity, directly face onto the Earth like the dial of a clock. Taking 50 years to complete their orbit, the period of closest connection, called the periastron, is a time when the radiated energies of these two great stars is especially intense.

Sirius B spins on it's axis at an incredible 23 times a minute ( 23 rpm!!), generating an enormous magnetic field. As it approaches periastron, it begins to pull huge amounts of gas and material away from its less dense companion.

The gravitational attraction of these stars for each other and the energies they release at this time of closest communion is difficult, if not impossible for the human mind to comprehend.

Vast amounts of electromagnetic radiation, including visible light, ultraviolet, X-rays, gamma rays and beyond, are thrown into space. The extra gas and material Sirius A provides for her companion re-ignite fusion reactions within Sirius B, and once again, her eternal lover, now blazing brightly, is reborn.

As Sirius B moves past periastron, the light generated by their shared energies begins to diminish until eventually, it resumes its role as her "Dark Companion".

As Robert Temple has shown in his book "The Sirius Mystery", the Ancient Egyptians were aware of Sirius B and the orbital dynamics of the Sirian system in predynastic times, before 3200 BC. Modern astronomy did not discover these facts until over five thousand years later, in 1862.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join