It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One That Does This??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Indeed.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Guilty as charged your honour
s and f

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nofear39

That's 4 so far. Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one. LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Haha they all do it pal but won't admit it 😋

Just remembered to f now !!!haha
edit on 102014fAmerica/ChicagopmThu, 30 Oct 2014 18:33:01 -050039 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I do it more often than I would like to admit...LOL

Seriously, with me, I get so wrapped up in reading/studying, then off to look up something and research and then.......

I go back in a day or two to "check in" and realize, oops...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I do it all the time, Night Star! I just get caught up in reading it and forget.

In this case, the subject matter prompted my memory.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I forget to a lot.
Have to try to remember.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nofear39

Haha they all do it pal but won't admit it 😋

Just remembered to f now !!!haha

Ah, so some are holding back are they? Come on folks fess up!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I do it more often than I would like to admit...LOL

Seriously, with me, I get so wrapped up in reading/studying, then off to look up something and research and then.......

I go back in a day or two to "check in" and realize, oops...

LOL, Yup! So 5 for the records!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I do it all the time, Night Star! I just get caught up in reading it and forget.

In this case, the subject matter prompted my memory.

My faery friend!!!!!!

Good to see you!!!!! Ok 6 and counting. I'm glad I made this thread! LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Yay, 7!!!!!!!!

edit on 30-10-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If it is something I'd like to see more of, I flag it. If it is something that improves upon silence, I star it, even if I disagree. I star most things I read, I'd say a solid 80% of them, especially comments I'm involved in. Stars and flags are free. If you can be stingy with these, there is no hope for anything else in this life.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Night Star,

For me, it entirely depends on a number of factors. First of all, there is the amount of time that has passed between a thread being posted by the OP, and my reading it. If I have come in late, and there is a tonne of good information in the thread already, then it will get starred right off the bat, and the same will happen if the OP is just that damned good. It happens a lot.

But you are far from the only person who forgets to do these things from time to time. There are some threads which I have really enjoyed my participation in, only to realise six pages in, that I have not flagged them. I correct this wherever I notice it!

Furthermore, there are some threads which are based on a premise so broken that to flag the OP would be like giving Obama a Nobel prize....too soon? In any case, that does not stop those threads becoming a place where topics are discussed and debated broadly, and well, and in those situations I will not endorse the OP, but I will star posts which resonate with truth and merit.

There is a lot which goes into my decision to star and flag, because I use the stars and flags I receive and indeed any applause I receive from moderators, to gauge my contribution quality, monitor it, and keep it at a high level, or at least try to! By making sure I am sensible with my stars and flags, only handing them out when absolutely warranted, I like to think I am helping other members do the same thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So that's a yes and number 8.

I'll even star someone I don't agree with if I'm debating them and they reply with respect and makes me think.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't give out stars and flags right away because I special order them and it takes three days for delivery.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

They must be very special stars and flags. Order some for me please.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Anyone else do that or am I the only weirdo? LOL

Yes you're a weirdo but look on the bright side, you're not a alone weirdo. There's many of us.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

So you are number 9 then? I already forgot what the name of my new club was. LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You're pretty much the only weirdo. I think I star and flag, and then I think it lets me star and flag twice. Okay ..............I'm a weirdo too.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hi Night! I Brain Fart on a regular basis. I am like Jenny and have hit the flag, only to erase the one I already gave! I hate that!!
Umm, maybe You can call Your Club "NightStar's Brain Fart S+F Club"? (I know, not very original, but hey with all my brain fartin', I can't come up with anything else right now! LOL!!)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join