It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stillwater man killed in near-beheading; murder charge filed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I did a search and didn't see anything posted about this yet though I did see a lot of beheading stuff in Oklahoma that wasn't this story. What the heck gives with that. Hopefully this story hasn't been posted yet.

A young Stillwater man was charged Thursday with first-degree murder in the near-beheading of a former high school classmate.

Charged is Isaiah Zoar Marin, 21, who police say confessed to the killing.

And this guy is talking. Nope, he wasn't Muslim. He was Christian according to his own brother and the beheading may have been stimulated because of the victim's paganism:

The defendant’s brother, Samuel Marin, said “in the past Jacob and Isaiah had disagreements because Jacob and Jesse were practicing witchcraft and Isaiah had strong Christian beliefs,” a Stillwater police officer reported in the affidavit.

According to the article, Isaiah was viewed by the victim's brother as being a religious zealot and a druggie. Maybe the new rule is that relgious zealots of any faith may behead a person. It's a truly peculiar story and apparently the perp is planning on explaining it all, which is really another peculiarity. The Stillwater PD is also reporting that Isaiah was also having this going on:

At a news conference Thursday, Stillwater police Capt. Randy Dickerson said Marin admitted to authorities “that he had fantasized recently about committing multiple homicides.”

Lovely.

newsok.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Great song, Mr. Headshot.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Religion and drugs...

NOT a good combination.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We should crack down on the plague that is Christian extremism....... Clearly this is more evidence of the dangerous religion of Christianity

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That sort of looks like meth face to me ...

Not sure how someone who is devout can miss that thing about "Thou shalt not murder," but I suppose if he was reading too much into the meth and "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" or whatever it is completely missing that it is referring to a specific type of worship found in those days. Not that modern paganism is a good thing to be endorsed or approved of, but it's not the same exactly as the worship being condemned in those days which incorporated human sacrifice I think.

Oh well, just more proof that we are living in the days of Noah.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Sounds to me like you might enjoy a career with ISIS...

I hear they are recruiting in fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Nope, he wasn't Muslim.

Probably why the thread is so empty, so far at least!

Another lunatic who doesn't represent the Religion they claim to adhere to!

This World has gone to s# imo!

This planet is probably the bottom of the barrel in comparison to the rest of the Universe!
edit on 30-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yes, it is interesting, isn't it? Interestingly enough, there was another non-Muslim beheading in the news yesterday and the depth of that thread was fairly on the shallow side, too. Agreed. You know, it is rather strange though that beheadings in N. America were a pretty rare occurrence, we've had a couple in just the last two days.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Yeah and it's a shame because I thought ATS was better than that.

As for the beheading itself, I was wondering how long it'd take for a "Christian" to do the same thing...

I doubt the extremist "Christians" want to be outdone by "Islamists".

This is probably the start of a downward spiral and "religious" competition.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I really hope that beheadings are not the new way of expressing religious disagreement. As an atheist, I very much like to maintain the integrity of my head being connected to my body. The other beheading, though, does not seem to be religiously motivated. I think it's fairly safe to assume that both the fanatical and the outright insane may behead an individual.

Feel so sorry for the family in all seriousness though. It's bad enough to have a loved one die but to be nearly dismembered in such a distinct way? UGH. Very sad.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sweet Jesus...

I am getting pretty sick of all this religious beheading lark. When are these posers going to get a clue, put their man trousers on, and get themselves some GODDAMNED HELP?

It does not matter whether you are Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, or a worshiper of an ancient personification of the bloody MOON, if you start getting the feeling that you have to take someone's head off their shoulders, just because you have to, then it is time to get some assistance with yourself.

I'm a Christian, and one of my best friends is a pagan. I also have several staunch atheists amongst my closest friends, and every single one of them is more Christian than this Isaiah Marin, and I can prove it. None of MY, friends have cut a persons head off. That is not a Christian thing to do. I know, I have checked.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Until a revision of the texts come out again I think we will be seeing more and more of this.

I was exposed pretty heavily to Christianity growing up at different times and a thought that kept reaccuring to me was "if anyone flowed these Effin books everyone would be killing each other every day"

Now at 10 that's a little strange... Having the authority figures in the church go on and on about how gods word is infallible and we need to study and how important it all is... When in fact most people don't even adhere to their religion of choice at all. Most people pretend its all good but its not... Not at all

Luckily I just shrugged it off and grew past that stage but for a mentally ill person... Pushing the idea that their gods book is infallible is a very bad idea. They have trouble discerning what's actually right and what just "used to be right" lol..

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Geez oklahoma wtf . I leave and you go off the deep end!

And stillwater? My god. Couldn't even keep it in the city?

I'm so at a loss for my state atm
edit on pm1020143110America/ChicagoThu, 30 Oct 2014 22:00:09 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
It's a truly peculiar story and apparently the perp is planning on explaining it all, which is really another peculiarity. The Stillwater PD is also reporting that Isaiah was also having this going on:

At a news conference Thursday, Stillwater police Capt. Randy Dickerson said Marin admitted to authorities “that he had fantasized recently about committing multiple homicides.”

No explanation is necessary.

It is common knowledge that fantasizing about killing is just one of the many symptoms meth users have.

Story after story has come out in recent years about brutal murders and unreal attacks, all caused by delusional meth users. Mothers killing children, a boyfriend beating a girlfriend to death with a hammer, a woman drowning her baby in a washing machine; all these people were high on meth when they committed these unthinkable crimes.

They become psychotic, hearing voices and hallucinating. In severe cases, like the violent murders, meth addicts have exhibited schizophrenia-like behavior. “Once people who are on meth become psychotic, they are very dangerous,” said Dr. Alex Stalcup, who researches meth and works with addicts in California. “They’re completely bonkers; they’re nuts. We’re talking about very extreme alterations of normal brain function. Once someone becomes triggered to violence, there aren’t any limits or boundaries.”

Unspeakable Methamphetamine Crimes

A meth addict in the tweaking phase is a muddled mass of frustration, aggression, hallucination, and irrationality. They are highly suspicious and paranoid. If drunk it adds to the recklessness which leads to unprovoked attacks, and other criminal acts. Domestic violence incidences can reach new levels at the hands of a meth addict. The effects of the drug are not limited to the user but spills over to include each and every member of the family.

Domestic Violence and Crystal Meth

What are the signs and symptoms of Methamphetamine use?

In large doses, methamphetamine's frequent effects are irritability, aggressive behavior, anxiety, excitement, auditory hallucinations, and paranoia (delusions and psychosis). Abusers tend to be violent. Mood changes are common, and the abuser can rapidly change from friendly to hostile. The paranoia produced by methamphetamine use results in suspiciousness, hyperactive behavior, and dramatic mood swings.

The most dangerous stage of methamphetamine abuse for abusers, medical personnel, and law enforcement officers is tweaking. A methamphetamine abuser who is tweaking, has probably not slept in 3-15 days and, consequently, will be extremely irritable and paranoid. A tweaker does not need provocation to behave or react violently, but confrontation increases the chances of a violent reaction. If the tweaker is using alcohol, his negative feelings and associated dangers intensify.

www.jcsd.org...

Meth addiction statistics in North Dakota show an estimated 60% of the male prison population consists of meth users. 80- 90% of the female prison population was incarcerated for meth related offenses.

Statistics of Meth Addiction

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

"First-degree murder" and "near-beheading"? What the hell happened? lol. If it's a near-beheading, resulting in death, it's probably a beheading....outright.

"Near-beheading" and he should be alive? "Thank god he was near-beheaded, that could have been bad".

edit on 10/31/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hehe. I guess you missed the sarcasm. I'm just saying what people say about Muslims about Christians. Look how defensive you got. Too good.

I'm always amused by the double standards

Why isn't he a terrorist? If he was Muslim he would be.

"Colleen Hufford, 54, was beheaded by Alton Nolen during a surprise attack at a Vaughan Foods plant in Oklahoma last week, according to police. Thankfully, before the terrorist -- yes, terrorist -- could behead another victim, Traci Johnson, he was shot by the company's CEO, Mark Vaughan, who is also a deputy sheriff."

www.cnn.com...

Please explain why this guy is not a Christian terrorist but the other guy who beheaded someone in Oklahoma is a Muslim terrorist.

edit on 31-10-2014 by tavi45 because: added an extra paragraph

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I know this is OT...but....i am here in Australia watching the Bee Gee's concert One Night Only from 1997, and they were singing their song "Stillwaters" right at the exact moment i read the headline of this thread. Tell me thats not freaky. the EXACT moment they sang that word i was reading it here.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Just sick. Tweakers have to be the scariest thing on the planet.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I wonder if these beheaders would actually want to do it again, unless you use something really sharp with a lot of force, a head would be very difficult to severe. And messy. And not at all like we see in the movies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join