It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakeland Hazmat Suit Orders Go Exponential, Surpass 1 Million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

Hazmat Suit Supplier Shares Explode

Lakeland Industries has been cashing in on the spread of the Ebola virus and the fear that has come with it. The stock is up 35% in early Thursday trading following management's Wednesday evening update on Ebola-related business activity. "Lakeland has secured new orders relating to the fight against the spread of Ebola," management said in a press release. "The aggregate of orders won by Lakeland that are believed to have resulted from the Ebola crisis amount to approximately 1 million suits with additional orders for other products, such as hoods, foot coverings, and gloves." So far, about 5,000 people have been killed in the recent outbreak of the virus. Most of those deaths have occurred in West Africa in Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea. In anticipation of demand, management cranked up its production capacity. "Monthly production capacity for sealed seam ChemMAX and MicroMAX protective suit lines has increased by nearly 50% from August 2014, prior to Ebola-related product demand, to October 2014, and is on track for a 100% increase from that level by January 2015, with the ability for additional increases as needed," management said. While most companies warn investors about the negative risks that come with fear-inducing phenomena like viral outbreaks, Lakeland sees dollar signs. "Ebola" is mentioned 12 times in this brief press release.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm not an expert but I'm under the impression that these hazmat suits aren't something you can just wear all the time and go about your day. Do the people buying these think they are going to wander around a post apocalyptic wasteland with a gun scavenging for supplies while impervious to disease?

Don't they also require chemical showers to be removed properly?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Darn, I should have bought stock in one of those companies.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You know what? Someone should do some digging and see if anyone bought large blocks of shares in this company in recent history - if it is publicly traded. Similar to how some people shorted airline stocks before 9/11.

Are they the supplier for the 250k suits for Dallas? How do they know there will be a need for that many? Do they figure X number of people are walking around infected and when the incubation period is up, there will be a surge of patients? How many have THOSE people infected in the meantime?

There are WAY too many questions like this with no answers.

edit on 30-10-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I was about to buy it about 2 weeks ago,it was on around $11 at the time and then shot to around $25,you can still make money if you are smart.Sell as soon as you are in profit.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Looks like a government purchase. But they seem to be single piece suits that could be bleached down before removal.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

A manager with a major shipping company has exclusively revealed to Infowars that the U.S. government has ordered 250,000 Hazmat suits to be sent to Dallas, the location of the first Ebola outbreak in the United States.

The manager of the shipping company proved his credentials to Infowars by providing a photo ID and sending a verified email from the company account, but wishes to remain anonymous due to understandable fears that he could be fired for revealing the information.

“I just learned we have been asked to ship 250,000 HAZMAT suits to Dallas, TX. for the US Government. Again this is happening today, we are pulling these suits for the US Government to Dallas, TX,” states the individual, who manages the drivers who work for the shipping company.

The purchase of a quarter of a million Hazmat suits to be sent to Dallas confirms that health authorities are still very concerned about the spread of Ebola after two nurses in the city who cared for patient zero, Thomas Eric Duncan, contracted the virus earlier this month.

In an interview on the Alex Jones Show last week, Doctor James Lawrenzi revealed that Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), a private operator of health care facilities, had removed protective gear and Hazmat suits from local hospitals without replacing it. Lawrenzi also revealed that potential cases of Ebola were going unreported and that patients were being “disappeared” from hospitals.

As we reported earlier, PPE distributor Lakeland Industries announced yesterday that it had received 1 million orders for Hazmat suits from government agencies worldwide, a press release that prompted the company’s stock price to soar by 30 per cent in after-hours trading.

Lakeland initially hit the headlines in September after revealing that it had received an order from the U.S. State Department for 160,000 Hazmat suits.

Other federal agencies like the National Institutes of Health are also stockpiling PPE gear in anticipation of an unnamed “emergency event” disrupting the supply chain at some point in the future. Infowars also confirmed with numerous distributors that the federal government is exhausting supplies of Hazmat suits and that stock is being placed on hold for “government needs”.

Facebook @ www.facebook.com...
FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ twitter.com...

Infowars.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
this have anyfhing to do with the 100 trucks on hwy 64

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

lol i did and sold it already. Doubled my money in three days. Got made fun of a little bit for being cruel but every new case it jumped up and up. Could have made more but got uneasy as it reached that 100% mark so I took my money and ran. It fell the next week from thirty back down to 16 dollars a share I think but its at a reasonable level now. I might have the nerves to get back in.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TacticalStats

I bought stock in a corporation that specialized in security. They had some government contracts. It was a penny stock. I bought it at six cents a share and it went up to fifty cents a share and some people targeted it's fast growth and hacked people's accounts. The FCC shut down trading till it was investigated and it was reopened to trade. So when a company that specializes in security gets hacked, the stock price tumbles. I lost about a grand on that one. I should have sold it at fifty cents a share and made about seven grand but I figured I would wait a little longer.

That's life, I still need to claim it as a loss on my taxes, I should do it this year.

That was the only time I tried penny stocks. My wife inherited some stock that specialized in solar panels long time ago, it was up to two bucks a share from ten cents and the company got sold to another company. The other company flopped so the new stock tumbled. Another loss. That was twenty years ago, we never did claim that loss.

edit on 31-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join