It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP in Britain - Manufacturing a new Hitler

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: crazyewok

Some are loonies, most are sane.

Where did you get the travel idea from? Farageis the one calling for us not to be able to freely move around Europe.

Im not talking immigration.

In the green manifesto as I pointed out near the middle of this thread they basically want to tax Air travel and car travel into a were only the rich can afford it!

Farage last I checked isnt going to stop my travel! He certainly isn't going to stop people from travelling to Europe or anywere else in the world! He only want to REGULATE immigration not stop it completely or ban holidays!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

That's for fossil fuels, not green energy - we already have the same under vehicle excise duty - they want to renationalise all public transport to make it cheaper and easier for people to travel.

By exiting the EU we'd automatically lose freedom to travel and settle around Europe under the Directive package.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

By exiting the EU we'd automatically lose freedom to travel and settle around Europe under the Directive package.

BS

Japan and the USA are not in the "EU" but I was perfectly free to travel to them on tourist visits and Im also free to apply for work visa to them too. Canada and New Zealand are both non EU and I have been invited to work there.

So not being EU would not stop tourist travel or one applying for work visas.

That's for fossil fuels,

1) My car runs on fossil fuels and as someone with a disability I rely heavy on this mode of transport for work and recreation, without it I would be stuck at home of ESA/DLA as public transport in not practical for me in my area.

2) Planes run on fossil fuels and Planes are the only practical way to get abroad. Screw holidays at home I want to see the freaking world!
edit on 3-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Exactly - non EU residents require visas and work permits etc... currently we don't need any of that, have to pay for it or have to ask the government for the right to travel abroad. The cost of such visas is mainly greater than the tax they would add on air travel.

The greens want equal rights for disabled people so would bring back personal travel services, as outlined in their manifesto.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Exactly - non EU residents require visas and work permits etc... currently we don't need any of that, have to pay for it or have to ask the government for the right to travel abroad. The cost of such visas is mainly greater than the tax they would add on air travel.

Rubbish, Japan was free and USA was $14 to get a tourist visa. And visa are a good system allows you to monitor and fairy regulate immigration.

Have you even read there manifesto on air transport they literally want to destroy the aviation industry!

some of the points:

As heavier aircraft have to use more power, burning more fuel and producing more emissions and noise, permitted loads would be reduced.

So long haul aircraft and Airbuses would be gone.

e Green Party seeks substitution of air travel wherever possible with less damaging modes of transport, such as ferries, trains and buses.

ferries and trains wont get me to Japan will they?

Alternative economic strategies would be developed for each airport including both the possibility of complete conversion to ecological and socially appropriate uses

Thats hippy talk for we are going to shut airports down.

The taxation of aviation should be set at a level that reflects not just the climate impact relative to other carbon taxes, but at a level high enough to reduce demand for flights.

That certainly does not point to a slight increase in taxes that a tourist visa would cost. Thats basically saying we will price the poor and middle classes out of air travel!

The greens want equal rights for disabled people so would bring back personal travel services, as outlined in their manifesto.

No idea what that is but if it means having to catch a special bus with a load of smelly, dribbling, nosily mentally ill people then no thanks Id rather keep my car.

Screw the greens

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
News just in, Scottish person says somthing against Farage!!!

Frankie boyle again

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_
Do you honestly believe that Farage is comparable to Hitler? How many of our freedoms have been stripped by the labour, conservative and lib dems the past 13+ years? Look at the brutal assault on the poor, the vulnerable, the sick, the disabled in the current government, to pay for the heinous crimes of the financial elite. Do you forget what has been going on around the world? Invading other nations for resources, under the guise of "liberating from oppression"?

The criminal coverups of many, many different types, including pedophilia, by the government show what little respect they have for us all. The #ed up policies governing immigration are there purely to benefit the corporations, its got nothing to do with what benefits the people of the nation. The situation does need sorting out. But the immigrants themselves are not the problem. Its the government and their corporate overlords.

Seems to me that the facist government you fear has been running the show already. The EU, which Hitler wanted, has been ruling for decades. UKIP want out - so how is that equating to Farage being another Hitler?

You should know by now how the political machine works, and the mainstream media are the mouthpiece of the beast who designed the machine in the first place. They will find any little piece of dirt they can on their opponents and use that to smear and divide everyone over the issue. All the while they do far worse things.

Yeah UKIP are probably not the best group of self-serving politicians (is there any other kind of politician?) for this country, but can they really do any worse than the current self-serving group of corporate shills?

SO DAMN WELL SAID!!!!

It's amazing all the people who fail to realize that the EU is essentially Hitlers dream!
A one-government Europe with Germany at the helm.

I wish I had UK citizenship already so I could vote!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

No idea what that is but if it means having to catch a special bus with a load of smelly, dribbling, nosily mentally ill people then no thanks Id rather keep my car.

Usually I enjoy your posts, even those I don't necessarily agree with - this bit of your post pissed me off no end.
It displays a complete lack of compassion or consideration for people who through no fault of their own have an extremely difficult life.

I sincerely hope neither you or any of your loved ones ever find themselves being described as 'smelly, dribbling and noisily mentally ill'.

You are far better than this.

Screw the greens

Yeah, 'the greens' have some pretty out there ideas - but then again I don't agree with all the policies of any party - and 'the greens' do have some solid and progressive policies.

Bear in mind that about 40 years or so ago a lot of 'the green' policies of the day were considered pretty much wacky etc yet now are more or less accepted by all major political parties.

edit on 8/11/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
After being fully immersed in politics for the last few weeks I have to say this thread of mine is rubbish. Whether I voted UKIP or not.... Farage is not a person being groomed into a Hitler. My political knowledge now compared to when I wrote this thread has grown.

If you voted UKIP, I may not have voted the same but I completely respect your opinion and understand you may not be the stereotypical UKIPer seen in the media etc.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
After being fully immersed in politics for the last few weeks I have to say this thread of mine is rubbish. Whether I voted UKIP or not.... Farage is not a person being groomed into a Hitler. My political knowledge now compared to when I wrote this thread has grown.

If you voted UKIP, I may not have voted the same but I completely respect your opinion and understand you may not be the stereotypical UKIPer seen in the media etc.

PMSL.

Respect given for your honesty and giving me a good laugh.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone belittle there own thread before.

Still laughing now.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Always learning and referring back to past ideologies.... Or so I try.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm actually gonna miss Farage, he was a fresh voice in British politics and a voice that deserves to be heard. UK politics will be a more boring place without farage

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

He's just stepped down as leader, I don't think it's the last we've seen of him....or I hope not, his EU speeches are gold.

Hopefully he's just taking a well deserved break.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk yes I'm sure he'll be back, he still represents the views of many. I don't think he's a racist as not all ukip supporters are racist and he challenges the hegemony of british politics. I thought he didn't look well throuout the campaign, he was definitely struggling towards the end. I'm sure he needs a well deserved break. Maybe have a break from the fag and booze diet too, never a good combo for too long.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join