It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP in Britain - Manufacturing a new Hitler

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So when did HISTORY begin?

You admit that there are 4 different cultures in Britain but surely those cultures are made up of different cultures in them selves?
a reply to: stumason

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: grainofsand

The Green Party are offering the same referendum.

The Green Party are full of #

I'd rather vote for my cat than those crazy woo woo hippys

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: Korg Trinity

But, that's what a lot of Tory back benchers want, that's why 2 of their ilk have defected.

You must agree with quite a number of their policies if you are willing to support them in Government in return for a in/out referendum.

There are defectors because the Conservative party is not doing what it is saying.... It's a matter of self respect as much as it is attempting to help the UK.

How could any self respecting person stay in a party that just lies thier head off all day long and treat the people as though they were idiots!

There are defectors from other parties too you know!?!

Korg.

Oh yes, I see there is another guy from The Christian People's Alliance, my mistake.

Defections to UKIP On 12 October 2011, Roger Helmer announced that he would resign from the European Parliament at the end of the year, citing "increasing disillusion with the attitudes of the Conservative Party" as the main reason, although admitting that his "twelve-and-a-half years banging my head against the same brick wall in Brussels is perhaps long enough".[156] It was announced on 2 March 2012 that he had defected from the Conservatives to the United Kingdom Independence Party.[157] On 28 August 2014, Conservative MP for Clacton Douglas Carswell resigned in his defection to UKIP and leading to a by-election in his Clacton constituency, he stood for and won as UKIP, leading to the first UKIP Member of Parliament. Just a month after the defection of Carswell, a second Conservative MP - the MP for Rochester and Strood Mark Reckless - announced his defection to the party at UKIP's annual conference in Doncaster.[158] On 30 September 2014, Richard Barnes, the Deputy Mayor of London until 2012, joined UKIP.[159] On 7 October 2014, it was announced that Alan Craig, the leader of the Christian Peoples Alliance from 2004 to 2013, had applied to join the party.[160]

If only they weren't a single issue party, maybe they would attract More?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
An explanation would be far better than a quip. could you elaborate please?

It would help to understand why you disagree with information as oppsed to a random comment?

a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I believe the principal of the Monster Raving Looney party is a pet cat

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
An explanation would be far better than a quip. could you elaborate please?

It would help to understand why you disagree with information as oppsed to a random comment?

I already posted a review of there woo woo wack job Policys 10 pages ago on this thread and can't be arsed to do it again.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ok well done will read that

well done you.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: grainofsand

The Green Party are offering the same referendum.

The Green Party are not offering the same referendum.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
So when did HISTORY begin?

You admit that there are 4 different cultures in Britain but surely those cultures are made up of different cultures in them selves?

History doesn't begin anywhere - I just gave you the condensed version of British history from the Roman Empire to today. The point I was making was that "England" has never been "multi-cultural" - one culture was always displaced by or dominated another.

Where do you think the word "England" comes from? It comes from Angle Land, or the Land of the Angles. England as a nation didn't come into being until around the 9th century, when the various Kingdoms of the Heptarchy were brought under a single King, but even then, they were all Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms.

The point I made about the 4 British cultures is from the start of Britain as a nation, formalised with the Act of Union to include the Scots in 1707. By that point, there were 4 distinct cultures within the British Isles. If you want to look at sub-cultures, you have to go back further in time. Of course, there are regional variations, but there was always an overall dominant culture.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I have to ask - how old are you? Do they not teach this stuff anymore?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As you ask am 37 years old, we may have been raised differently.

Why do you ask as I could ask the same question?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Just curious, as we went into all this during school back in the 90's (although I have done a good deal of my own reading over the years) but I do know that during the Labour years, British history in the Curriculum was often watered down, or only focused on the bad bits of the Empire rather than delving deeper because it wasn't PC to learn the good bits.

I am 32

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is an interesting conversation.
Historically, As far as early "Multi-Racial" England.....it wasnt. All the "Tribes" you have been mentioning are all White European peoples. Most Romans and Northern Italians are "White People" with some of the Southern peasants a little Easternish.
Multi Cultural yes maybe, because a lot of the tribes had separate identities and philosophies , but All Europeans are a mishmash of the same peoples......that Homo Sapien/Neanderthal/Denisovian mix.

When you talk Modern Immigration, then you are talking about Real Foreign Non European peoples, the Indian, Pakis, Africans mainly.

England is part of the European continent, same people, they even walked there in the old days.
THe argument that Vikings, Germanians, Romans etc are Foreigners and immigrants, is as stupid as saying that the Nurrunga people of Eastern Australia are different to the Karna people of middle southern Australia, or the Pitjantjatjara people of Central Australia.......they are all basically the same people, but different tribes and thoughts/language etc.
Considering Australia is the same size as Europe, you get the picture.

And this current "Foreign" Business in England, Why is it that White English/Germanic Australias/Canadians/NZers etc who left the Mother/Fatherland only a couple of generations ago, for the good of the Empire, are considered Foreigners...yet you class all these recent immigrants who have no European heritage, as English???

You know, the reason the Australian and American Natives were handed back much of the land, was because they showed and argued an attachment to the land, a spiritual connection to the land, their sacred place, their home country......

So as a European who has only been here 150 years...where is my Homeland? my Spiritual connection....
Not in the harsh Deserts of Oz thats for sure.
You know, us white people in the Antipodes (US and Oz), tried very hard to make these countries look just like our homelands....the buildings, the clearing of land, the introduction of "our" European food and domestic animals/flora, and living on the coast etc...as us Europeans seem to be a coastal society.

Funny how, I can look at pictures of England your moors, rolling hills, countryside and feel quite at home, like it is natural to me......And I have'nt even been there
. Same with the forests and mountains of Europe.

If England/Europe wants people, its about time they put a call out to the Children of Europe to return home, with open arms....not be labelled as foreigners in one's own land.....just like they called the Aboriginies and American Indians, foreigners in their own land, years ago.

Must have a trip back to the Spiritual Homeland one day.......

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

UKIP actually promote increasing (restoring?) links to the Commonwealth and provided you have skills to offer we would welcome you. It is about time the UK turned it's attention to the Commonwealth again as that is where we have the most in common (hence the name, I suppose!)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Just curious, as we went into all this during school back in the 90's (although I have done a good deal of my own reading over the years) but I do know that during the Labour years, British history in the Curriculum was often watered down, or only focused on the bad bits of the Empire rather than delving deeper because it wasn't PC to learn the good bits.

I am 32

What are you talking about?

History was watered down during the Labour Years? What garbage you spout.

History has always been watered down to favour the victors, particularly in English schools. British History was no exception, Labour years or not. I went to school during Thatcherism, it was just as watered down then.

I appreciate you hate Labour, so much so that you have to bring them into every post, but watering down history? You are having a laugh!!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You were an English Democrat supporter a few months ago, when did you defect?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

No I wasn't - I've not supported them for probably two years now. I do agree with their idea of an English Parliament though, which to be honest was the only reason I ever gave them a donation. Perhaps you are confusing my support for that one issue with support for the ED?

And, as you ask, I did address this earlier in the thread - turns out, they actually are full of BNP and EDL types and I didn't want to be anywhere near some of the things people were saying on their forums or FB pages.

Besides, I really don't understand why people feel the need to pick a party and stick with it. That is actually part of the problem with Politics in the UK - in some area's, a party could put up a donkey and people would vote for it based on the colour of the rosette.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Actually it was - my brother was 9 years younger than me and went to school up until 2007. IN their history classes, they did "world history" and touched on the British Empire. They never went into the Roman, Anglo-Saxon, Plantagenet, Tudor, or any other period in any depth, whereas when I was at school in the 90's, we spent whole terms doing a single topic.

Also, as I said, a good amount of my knowledge comes from my own reading. It's a favoured topic of mine.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I was an ED supporter too until I found out they were more inclined towards the BNP/EDL.

I put a lot of research into UKIP before I turned to them, for that very reason.

I have to say as well, you're 32? I always pictured you older for some reason, you're actually two years younger than myself? Insane in the membrane. lmao.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I'm still undecided on UKIP, but at the moment they are one of my potential choices... We shall see how their policies stack up towards the election.

Sadly, yes, I am 32 going on 55... lol...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join