It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP in Britain - Manufacturing a new Hitler

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion
I've had to deal with blokes I don't like before now, what's your point?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That the Party actively teamed up with white supremacists and people who think women shouldn't vote in order to maintain their own power and influence.

Politicans low enough to team up with those kinds of people in order to maintain power should not be allowed any power as it demonstrates they'll sink to any level to maintain it.
edit on 2-11-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Hang on - you claimed that Golden Dawn, the FN, SS and other parties were part of the coalition, they are not.

They have 1 former FN member, but there is absolutely no connection between the EFD and Golden Dawn.

The current group consists of members from:

Party of Free Citizens - Czech Republic :

The party can be described as libertarian with opposition to high government involvement in the economy and personal lives, and centralization of political power. Its members are advocates of the free market and often subscribe to the Austrian School of economic thought. They seek to lower tax rates and restrict state redistribution of wealth to a minimum, and introduce a constitutional amendment disallowing an unbalanced budget. They also believe that downsizing the government would leave less space for corruption, a somewhat problematic issue of Czech politics.

Joelle Bergeron - Independent - France: Former FN member who has renounced them as she disagrees with their philosophy.

Five Star Movement : A bit of a mixed bag with leftist and rightist policies

Party members stress that the M5S is not a party but a "movement" and it may not be included in the traditional left right paradigm. The "five stars" are a reference to five key issues: public water, sustainable transport, sustainable development, connectivity, and environmentalism. Beppe Grillo and several party members strongly condemned all recent western wars (Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria) and Italian military and foreign policy

Congress of the New Right - Poland: Hardly very right wing, seems quite libertarian on the whole.

KNP is against interfering with the current election system. It calls for enacting a new liberal-minded constitution, reduction of the size of the Polish Parliament and forming a State Council, which would replace the Parliament as the legislative branch. KNP is also in favor of regional autonomy.

The party's main priorities are lowering taxes (including the abolition of income tax) and reducing the national debt, by cutting down social programs and allowing the economy to flourish

KNP is in favor of decriminalization of using and producing all drugs.

KNP opposes government-recognized same-sex marriage.

The party also advocates restoration of capital punishment

Sweden Democrats - Sweden : Worth having a read as they seems to be a mixed bag as well, but are certainly the most right of the group.

And UKIP, who we all know and love.

Basically, not one of the parties you mentioned in your other post is part of this coalition, hence my reply.

Also, it is a typical left-wing ploy to blame everything on Thatcher.... Jeebus wept, as if the Unions didn't have am massive role to play in the collapse of heavy industry, mining and manufacturing in this country? Oh no, it was all Thatchers fault! Newsflash - the bulk of UK manufacturing was already well in decline long before Thatcher showed up!

edit on 2/11/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

That's because it dissolved two weeks ago. I had EP mixed up with EDD

www.dreamdeferred.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion I am only concerned with ending the free movement of unskilled workers and benefit claimants...and right now only UKIP is offering such an agenda/choice.
...I've worked with people I do not like many times and I assume you have as well, as do political parties.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
But would you not agree that we have always been a nation of immigration? What is your heratige, how many generations before you become an immigrant?

I can go three but my partner is an immigrant so my kids can not say they are TRUE BRITISH?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The Green Party are offering the same referendum.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I'm not sure what you are really asking but I shall answer you...
*Yes, a history of immigrants filling these islands.
*Welsh/Cornish.
*1600's family tree Wales/Cornwall so far.

...what's your point?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Historic migration and what we have now are two entirely different things - most historic migration was relatively small scale, even the Anglo-Saxons and Normans only really replaced the "elite" and left the average Joe to get on with life, with most immigrants from that point just blending into English/British society, like the Hugenots for example.

Besides, not even UKIP is anti-immigration, so I am a bit puzzled why people keep beating this dead horse. They are anti-uncontrolled migration which, you cannot deny, places a huge burden on local services such as schools, hospitals roads housing etc which was not planned for by the previous Labour Government. By that, I mean they were happy to open the doors in an attempt to socially engineer the nation (Jack Straw admitted this), but made no provision to actually accommodate those numbers. Councils have been complaining for years about it, to no avail.

No one is saying immigrants can not be British - I myself am descended, in part, from Irish immigrants in the 18th century, with a splash of Cornish on the other side - but that isn't the point up for discussion, instead this is a typical tactic to try and smear those who bring up migration as an issue.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I appriciate your comments, I understand the problems you have, Would you not say that we are breeding more socially and economicaly useless people than we are importing though?

At least those coming into the country via immigration have a lust for life and want to work.

Those that are brought up in benifit culture seem to be the ones that want to leach for a living?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This is another standard, off the shelf response...

13 years of Labour made it easy to sit on your arse and do nothing, further perpetuation the "benefits culture". Again, they did this deliberately as people on benefits are less likely to vote for a party that plans to reduce them, instead staying with the party that promises to keep on paying them.

Perhaps if immigration was curbed, there would be more entry level jobs available for those who are not in work? Youth unemployment is a major problem because, as I have said, the entry level jobs are being taken by immigrants. How on earth are the kids supposed to get into work and get experience without being able to get on the corporate ladder?

And what "problems" do I have, by the way?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I did mean to imply you had problems. The problems I refered to were the ones that we all face daily.

Do you really think that the problem is 13 years of labour govement? look at what the thatcher years did to the nation.

It has nothing to do with the political party in charge but the fact that politics rule nations. UKIP will be no different.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
UKIP will be no different.

I guess it's a case of 'we shall see' lol

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

13 years of Labour is what has caused the immigration issue, but previous administrations have piled their own crap onto the heap. It's a common tactic to try and blame Thatcher for everything, but people forget the 70's and what the Unions did before she even showed up. Granted, she put the knife in to teach the Unions a lesson, but lets not pretend it was all her fault, the nation had been at the beck and call of the militant left for years which is what truly destroyed our industry.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Again a fair point but we are a Nation of immigrants, always have been been.

We are by nature a mishmash. romans, vikings, normans? at what point do you think that we are not multi cultural?

Anglo saxon? check that one out because google is your friend? Celtic? and lets talk relgion here, I never asked to be any religion but I am because of the bit of Earth I live on.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You'd better make sure you have all your eggs lined up if your going to debate British History with me fella - this is my subject of choice - don't go saying "google is your friend" as I will take you to town on this topic..

Yes, Anglo-Saxon - why do you take issue with that?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

You'd better make sure you have all your eggs lined up if your going to debate British History with me fella - this is my subject of choice - don't go saying "google is your friend" as I will take you to town on this topic..

Yes, Anglo-Saxon - why do you take issue with that?

Feel free to take me down brother, there's two topics on this and only us talking.

I am always prepeared to loose an argument if it means I learn something.

I say the United Kingdom has been created by immigration and cultural diversity. Your answer is...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

My answer? I agreed with the point earlier, but clarified it further.

You seemed to take issue with my mention of Anglo-Saxons, telling me "Google is my friend" - what did you mean by that?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Simply that it is easy to see see that history shows that England has always been a multi cultural nation, nothing more.

No offence intended.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

No, England hasn't been "multi-cultural", different cultures have been displaced by others. First, there were the Celts, then came the Romans who imposed their own way of life, creating the Romano-Britons.

When the Legions left, those Romano-British hired Anglo-Saxon warriors to defend them from other, marauding Germanic tribes who eventually realised that they could take over instead of working for them. Around this point came the source of Arthurian legend as the Romano-British and Anglo-Saxons fought for control. Eventually, the "Britons" were forced out to Wales, Cornwall and Brittany while the Anglo-Saxons dominated what is now England.

Then came the Vikings, who largely raided the North East but ranged all over. They did settle in some places, again, mainly the North and extracted tributes out the Anglo-Saxons living under the rule or nearby. Eventually, they were defeated and pushed out entirely, but they left their genetic mark.

Then came the Normans, who also imposed their way of life on the conquered Anglo-Saxons, bringing with them the concept of feudalism from the continent. They totally upended the Anglo-Saxon way of doing things which still has an impact today.

For many centuries, the oppressed masses of Anglo-Saxons and the upper classes of Normans and Bretons blended into what is now known as "English" - this is pretty much the way it remained up until very recently, with subsequent migrations (like the aforementioned Hugenots, for example) integrating into English society.

If you look at British history, there has always been 4 distinct cultures which were very separate - English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish - hence all the Wars and rebellions.

None of the above even comes close to fitting the bill for being "multi-cultural", which is a modern invention to try and impose some sort of Utopian ideal where different cultures live side by side, but don't integrate. If other cultures are conquered and changed, or if other people move to somewhere and integrate, this isn't "multi-culturism"

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join