It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vote. You have no excuse. Vote for a better tomorrow" it says. Logic is solid.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: unity100
It says you have to use ANY and ALL means you can to effect change.

Maybe we just need to go this route.

edit on 30-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
TDawgRex...

You are right, the USA is a republic, but its system of selecting leadership is supposed to be democratic. It is not democratic, but it is supposed to be. No one running for presidency, or office in the states, is doing so on a ticket to correct that.

You see, a republic is simply a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and has an elected leader, rather than a monarch.

That says nothing of HOW the representatives of the people are to be elected, and that is where democracy is supposed to come in. I would argue that in nations which have any preference for elected leadership, whether they have a monarch or not, unless the candidates for office are prepared to be the slaves of the people, and work ONLY for the good of all of those who live under that governments aegis, and only if the opinion of the lowest earner in a nation is equal to the opinion of the highest, in terms of the weight it carries in not only deciding who is in power, but what the agenda for a given term is, ONLY then do you have democracy.

Only when the people, the great mass of the people, are the ones calling the shots, do you have anything which even resembles the shadow of a democratic process. Anything less is tyranny in a whores frock.

I know that my government are harlots in bad disguises, and I see things going down similar, if not more concerning routes in some respects on the other side of the oceanic expanse between us!
edit on 30-10-2014 by TrueBrit because: placed incorrect reply tag on the post.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
First you people gotta realize that there isnt a difference in between a democracy and a republic.

Concept confusion allows the establishment to confuse you in many ways.

radicalbuzz.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: unity100

No there is a difference..

Republic everyone has a voice..

Democrapcy If the 51% wanna kill the 49% I guess those 49% better start running.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A republic is a MORE centralized version of democracy, which uses REPRESENTATIVES to govern.

A democracy can be anything. direct, indirect, representative.

So, actually it is the other way around. in a republic you have less voice.

but there is the problem - a lot of people do not know the terms and definitions in precision.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
a reply to: unity100

No there is a difference..

Republic everyone has a voice..

Democrapcy If the 51% wanna kill the 49% I guess those 49% better start running.

And on that...

We agree.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
And now I reward the participants of this thread with a french song, for caring enough about stuff and acting on it :

French Song - Zaz Je Veux En Montmartre

That's a good one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join