It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vote. You have no excuse. Vote for a better tomorrow" it says. Logic is solid.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

So you just described a parent who dont discipline thier kid..

Ya I still have a right to complain cause I can honestly say I had nothing to do with this mess we are in today.. can you?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

So you just described a parent who dont discipline thier kid..

Ya I still have a right to complain cause I can honestly say I had nothing to do with this mess we are in today.. can you?

That parenting comment makes absolutely zero sense.

Of course I have a right to complain. The people I voted for lost. Such is life. But at least I voted and tried. And I can honestly blame every other slacker who doesn't vote for this mess we're in. If people would get off their asses once and a while and actually did something, I bet the world would be a better place.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well this is where you are wrong..

You voted but your vote didnt go where it was supposed to...

It is like a game of chess where you lose even though you got checkmate..

And that parenting comment..

You voted your elected models and they in turn run amok.. See..

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: unity100

but, case in point is, people of venezuela succeeded in beating that system despite greater odds than people of usa.

This is also due to Machiavellian tactics.

They know how far to push the masses in slow steps so the population doesn't revolt.

Long before the bailouts occurred they started to talk about it, then they started to talk how they had no option to do it
Then the Republican party and MSM convinced their own party to go against one of the stables of their idealogy . They actually convinced republicans that it was a good thing for gov't to pick the winners and the losers.

US politicians are like no other. They stick it to you without you knowing it. In most other countries especially Latin countries they tell you they are going to stick it because they control by force. American politicians control via manipulation and deception of the reality.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

People I know that don't vote and yet complain hold no water with me. I'll tell them to go have their bratty tantrum elsewhere. Useless eaters and oxygen thieves as far as I'm concerned. Regardless of which side they identify with.

You claim non-voters are useless eaters and oxygen thieves...seems a little harsh, but you've been voting in people who have ruined the country. My non-vote was harmless unlike yours.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I posted a video last night about voting and how much good it does. You can take a quick look here www.abovetopsecret.com...

The fact is that our whole system for voting is a fraud. Yes I said a fraud. All of the politicians are in the pockets of those who fund them. Its not you or me,its the lobbyists. So guess how they vote?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
I've considered many of my fellow citizens as pretty pathetic, just because of the low voter turn out for decades now. I'm almost...almost, in favor of making it a requirement, like paying taxes. You don't vote, you get a small fine.

And make write-in candidates available as well. The past decade I have noticed that option has disappeared.

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain. At least do your part. It's not that time consuming.

I am with you on the requirement angle. I have seen it in action in Costa Rica. People still complain about the government that will always be the case but there are several political parties which do get changed out on a regular basis.

I have been leaning in recent years to the country being a Meritocracy. I am partial to the version of such that Robert A. Heinlein wrote about. With some Han Dynasty testing for positions.

Maybe after the next revolution whenever that may happen.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
But alas ...

i see many people who are just replying the thread and repeating the VERY arguments the referenced article answers.

apparently, they are posting without reading.

then again isnt that one of our problems ....

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

this should put things into perspective

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Thanks for the headache...

Its death metal people.. so turn the sound way off...

You could have given them shooter jennings "wake up" or something.
edit on 10/30/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yeah let us vote, make a change, a better future and better life, I say let vote for the Eastern Bunny at least we will have free eggs for the term.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

GMO eggs

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The article you linked to mentions that although change does not happen quickly, it does happen. No, your party or prefered candidate might not win this time, but they cannot win the time after that, or the time after that, unless you vote.

That is a LIE.

Or at least, it is a lie to people who believe what I do, that a small number of people (a government) must never be given control over, or responsibility for a great number of people, that ALL people in a nation must vote on the issues which are important to them, rather than leaving such votes to a parliament which inevitably, given the concentration of political power it is supposed to represent, becomes corrupted by corporate interest, very often IN ORDER TO GET ANY POWER AT ALL!

All that changes, is the methodology applied to people to make them think that they are being given a legitimate choice. The fact of the matter is, everyone could vote Green, and the Greens would still either never win an election, or be bastardised by the real powers in nations, which have nothing to do with government, and everything to do with market rigging, and ensuring all the things which allow it to continue are protected by loopholes in legislature you could drive a tank regiment through, abreast, with a kilometre on each side as clearance.

And furthermore, the very fact that anyone is prepared to write an article, in support of voting, which espouses the value of being BOTTLENECKED and slowed down by voting for change, which at best will happen slowly, if at all, rather than SHREDDING the systems which prevent the people from having immediate control over their own destinies, is evidence that the rot has truly set in.

No one who loves freedom, and understands the mechanism by which even the most free, are denied actual freedom, would ever seek to :

a)Choose the less pungent of two turds.
b)Choose to propagate the myth which keeps their fellow human beings bound in servitude to unseen forces beyond government.
c)Choose to support ANY political party, regardless of its ideology, when they know that the people cannot be the power, until they are given the power back by those who hold it.
d)Choose to allow their minds to be the repository of either naive, or possibly deliberately manipulative BULL like the article linked to.

Vote, give your power away, let them lie to you, let them slow down change to a stand still, put up with a system which means that change that needed to happen when you were five years old, MIGHT happen when you are fifty, go ahead. What UTTER and total garbage. I cannot remember a piece of garbage that made me this angry, that was not related to some sort of genocide or other. I could not find any ownership information for the site from which this tripe came, but I hope the article authors probably corporate sponsored underwear rots their genitals.

edit on 30-10-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added clarification.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have voted early for the Nov 4 election. This is despite the fact that it is almost guaranteed that my votes are not for the candidates here who will get most of the votes.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Voting is important. However, never vote using your feelings as a guideline. Vote for the facts as you see them. Do your research before voting. That way when you cast your vote, you will be voting using logic not emotions.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yep. Starship Troopers. I've always been partial to that system as well. But of course, the book never really does discuss what the life of a non-citizen is like. We're led to believe it's OK and fairly normal, but who knows?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I was so disappointed in the movie when it came out leave it to Hollywood to hack up a great story. As far as how non-citizens would be treated it is hard to say. It could be better or maybe worse but I would like to think better in many ways.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Much of what you say is true. (Pun intended)

But every country has a different system. It drives me nuts when people say the US is a Democracy. We are not. We are a Republic.

My vote for POTUS usually goes to some no-name candidate as I rarely agree with the two running for the office. But I take my local vote seriously as I have seen change for the better at a local level.

That is why I am voting for a Senator that I don't agree with on the National level but like what he and his staff do at a local level. He's a Democrat and even while I consider myself a conservative, the Republican running against him is absolutely eff'ing clueless.

I still say votes do count.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Voting only validates a corrupt system , if no one voted they would be forced to make a change ....don't vote.

The system isn't corrupt because the 'mob' is under the false delusion this country is a 'representative' democracy.

People can throw any adjective they want in front of that word 'democracy', but everyone paying attention see's democracy for what it is:

Mob rule.

And as such only two things can exist: The majority. The minority.

Since this nation was founded as a constitutional republic where the minority is protected from the mob.

Our elections do suck.

If the mob were to ever wake up, and stop with that 'representative democracy' crap.

Elections might change.

The rule of government might change.

Of course we'd also have to get rid of the politicians.

We have to 'get the money out of politics' as some people have been clamoring for.

But since the people, and politicians are for sale fat chance that is ever going to happen.

It took over 2 billion dollars for the current potus to buy, the past two elections.

Hell those shills on capitol hill spend billions more on their campaignns, and tv, and radio, and the 'internets' ads that can all be summed up as 'Vote for me the other guy sucks'.

But then again all that is moot. Since the electoral college decides elections. but those votes are determined by those shills in the state level.

I do have to agree with a corrupt system, but the people themselves are corrupt so it is only natural their leaders will be corrupt.

Since they all play to the peoples' ID complex.

Basically our government is a reflection of the people. They get want they want.

And they have gotten it good, and hard.
edit on 30-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You people are still commenting without checking what that linked page says at the BOTTOM.

no one is telling you that things will change by just voting.

It says you have to use ANY and ALL means you can to effect change.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join