It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden recognises Palestinian state, hopes will revive peace process

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sweden is now officially recognizing Palestine as a State in the ME, a move that has upset officials iin the US and has officials in Israel fuming.

STOCKHOLM, Oct 30 (Reuters) - The Swedish government officially recognised the state of Palestine on Thursday, the first Western European country to do so, reflecting growing international exasperation over the moribund Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom told reporters her government hoped it would bring a new dynamic to the situation.

"Our decision comes at a critical time because over the last year we have seen how the peace talks have stalled, how decisions over new settlements on occupied Palestinian land have complicated a two-state solution and how violence has returned to Gaza," she said.

This whole situation could go two ways now: either it finally leads to a lasting peace in the ME or it leads to War. What says ATS? Peace or War?

www.trust.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Considering Israel has shut down Al-Aqsa for everyone...
this whole thing is about to go boom.

Eta: Israel has just recalled their ambassador to Sweden.
Time to make some popcorn...
edit on 30-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Interesting turn of events. A part of me thinks it might lead to more chaos in the middle east, but then another part thinks it probably won't change a thing in terms of violence.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Good on Sweden!!!
Its about time somebody recognized the Palestinians.....!
Hopefully this may lead to the establishment of a formal embassy of some kind and greater more responsible actions taken by all parties concerned.....
Israel can go take a flying leap at a rolling donut.....They have oppressed these people consistently, and have become the new Nazi state on the block.....
How this happened is a matter of record by now......

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I wish the Danish government would do the same, in part because I think Palestine should be recognized, but certainly also because somebody needs to stand up to Israel.

We all do, actually - whatever your position on the Palestine issue, we cannot let Israel flip is the bird forever when we (or rather the UN) plead with them to stop doing whatever it may be we want them to stop doing. The rest of the world is a joke to Israel as it stands.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Good on Sweden!!!
Its about time somebody recognized the Palestinians.....!
Hopefully this may lead to the establishment of a formal embassy of some kind and greater more responsible actions taken by all parties concerned.....
Israel can go take a flying leap at a rolling donut.....They have oppressed these people consistently, and have become the new Nazi state on the block.....
How this happened is a matter of record by now......

There a lot countries that recognize Palestine state. Sweden is just joining the club

Of the 193 member states of the United Nations, 135 (69.9%) have recognized the State of Palestine as of 27 September 2013.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 30/10/14 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So if there is so many that already recognize it, why are they making a big deal about Sweden?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TwiztidRoman
So if there is so many that already recognize it, why are they making a big deal about Sweden?

I think it is because Sweden is the first nation to do it in Europa since the EU was formed.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
how about europe stays out of this for once? if not for outside interference by western powers then this whole mess over the past 60 years would not have been. the middle-east issue has proven that trying too hard for peace only prolongs a conflict and leads to no solutions except back and forth violence, especially when those involved remain indecisive about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nettlas

I think it is because Sweden is the first nation to do it in Europa since the EU was formed.

Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Cyprus Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
how about europe stays out of this for once?

You may want to look closer to home to see where the majority of the interference in the ME comes from.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Your point is what? Because they don't swing by Uncle Sam's.... they are doomed?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Your point is what? Because they don't swing by Uncle Sam's.... they are doomed?

First inform yourself about problems which causes islamic migration in top 5 most democratic and richest country on the planet ,then we will talk.And who mentioned US? US- Israel relations atm are on lowest level in last 50 years.
edit on 30-10-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackcube

originally posted by: Nettlas

Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Cyprus Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania...

Yes as I said Sweden is the first nation in Europa to recognize the state of palestine since the EU was formed. Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Cyprus Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania di so before joining the EU.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Admonishing me to be more aware is not only deflection but also redundant. I am fully aware. So my question remains, "Are you saying that Sweden is doomed because they don't follow America blindly"?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

First inform yourself about problems which causes islamic migration in most democratic and richest country on the planet ,then we will talk.And who mentioned US? US- Israel relations atm are on lowest level in last 50 years.

In all human history it was always the same reason. Better living conditions... If you have a good life where you live, you just don't move.

And so #ing what?
edit on 30/10/14 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

"Are you saying that Sweden is doomed because they don't follow America blindly"?

No, i'm saying that Sweden is doomed because of their too much progressive and liberal аpproach about immigration , especially islamic.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It is only a matter of time before the UK formally recognises Palestine too.

Pal estine debate

Regards

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackcube

originally posted by: xavi1000

First inform yourself about problems which causes islamic migration in most democratic and richest country on the planet ,then we will talk.And who mentioned US? US- Israel relations atm are on lowest level in last 50 years.

In all human history it was always the same reason. Better living conditions... If you have a good life where you live, you just don't move.

And so #ing what?

So? Why are muslims so desperate to escape from their beloved Middle East and rape, loot , imposing sharia law and causing problems in country which welcomed them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join