It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambition- A short film tribute to The Rosetta Mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just had to share this, simply because I was expecting a short documentary and not an epic CGI mini movie!

Ambition is a collaboration between Platige Image and ESA. Directed by Tomek Bagiński and starring Aiden Gillen and Aisling Franciosi.

Please, enjoy!

As we know, The Rosetta mission should become the key to help us in unlocking the history and evolution of our Solar System.

We can also watch a live Rendezvous Novermber 12th HERE.

It's also on youtube

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Awesome! You can also watch the 'making of' here:

The last part of it is particularly sad really:

I’m very surprised you need something like this at all now.
Mankind sends a probe into space to catch a comet and land on it.
And we need a great director, film and actors to convince people this is interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Thanks!

I like the beginning, how my interpretation of what she was controlling was an advanced AI called A.L.I.C.E, and then it takes human form

Reminds me of a story on ATS about our origin as one person once said

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Whoa, I didn't expect it to be this good!

originally posted by: AgentSmith
a reply to: skyblueworld

The last part of it is particularly sad really:

I’m very surprised you need something like this at all now.
Mankind sends a probe into space to catch a comet and land on it.
And we need a great director, film and actors to convince people this is interesting.

Isn't it. There's just too much stuff distracting people from this awesomeness; it's almost like light pollution. The city lights, though plenty helpful, block out the beauty of the night sky and limit one's vision to only the most immediate surroundings. Thus to call people's attention to the far out, it must be packaged with the ordinary and snuck into the assembly line of daily entertainment.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Quarky

I see it differently - if we have such powerful tools like Hollywood and CGI, why not use them? In fact, the traditional tactics of keeping these subjects as dry and technical as possible has ostracized the public. Reducing it all to numbers and technicalities removes the magic of it all. Just because a few nerds want to have a monopoly on public perception of space exploration, that shouldn't dissuade others from viewing it from a more humble, child-like perspective.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Son of Will

It's not what I meant and I assume not what Quarky meant (though I can't speak for him/her).
The short is cool and anything that makes be interested is great, and even being a space geek myself I love the sci-fi twist to stuff because sometimes it does become too much about graphs (which are also cool but in a different way).
But it's just sad that out of all of the publicity shots for this, the one that gets the most attention is the movie style one when the fact we're landing a probe on a comet is already amazing.
It's just a shame that people aren't already wowed by what we as humans are able to attempt and hopefully achieve. To get as far as we have done with the mission already is incredible and Philae is only a part of it, Rosetta has a lot more work to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Great thread. Instead of posting a new thread I'll add this video here.

top topics

join