It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author investigates 150-year-old UFO sighting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Time Machine: Seriously? Traveling THROUGH time is impossible, as your reality does not include a duality, therefor you are not physically allowed to BE in existence within any other timeframe (as explained below.) The closest you can get is a convergence (also explained below.)

Time Slip: One real possibility.

Steam Engine: The word "noiselessly" throws that out of the window. If you've ever been around any 19th Century 'horseless-carriage' whilst it were running, you'd know that NONE of them were noiseless, but rather the exact opposite.

Now, I believe in time slips because I have a theory that makes sense: We live in a fractional layer of space time that's traveling along a closed point-to-point path that's endless. The fragment we live in includes all things we know of, or can observe on a normal basis.

There is another reality existing in it's entirety in the fragment 1ms. ahead and another 1ms. behind us traveling along the same path in a linear fashion. All it takes is an augmented gravity well in one to affect the space between each ms. and allow convergence to occur. During these convergences, is when people see ghosts, lights in the distance, etc.

These guys have just caught on to what I've felt is just plain logic in my mind ever since I was 10 and asked myself the question "What's a ghost?" (phys.org...)

That all said, I also find it alarming that SO many people ignore the MATHEMATICAL FACT that due to statistics we know and can prove on Earth, that there are about 1,000,000,000 worlds in our own galaxy that are harboring advanced life forms. Is it too hard to consider the thought that 'they' treat other worlds just like we do upon discovery?> Locating -> Remotely Monitoring -> Sending Fiery Atmospheric Probes Slamming Into Their Surfaces (Kamchatka?) -> Followed by Robotic Probes -> Then Pondering Sending Men -> Then Contemplating/Executing Colonization? If we were about 1,000 years further along our technological pathway, we'd probably have the tech to send probes within a year or two to distant planets.

Why I think this could be a serious theory: Just look at how fast our technology has grown over the last century. If our military is cordoning off landed probes from the nether reaches of the world, wouldn't it make sense we'd be reverse engineering them to advance our own technology? That's what Russia and the USA have done to each other for decades...a U2 crashes in Russia, then they develop more advanced spy tech. Get it?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

... a "burning brush pile", near the zenith, descending rapidly towards the earth, with a loud roaring noise. It struck the ground in the road a short distance from them. The blazing object flickered and flared for a few moments and then faded into darkness ...

I wonder why no more attention was given to the object that crashed. The "Man in black" riding away is certainly fascinating, but a description of the craft (or debris) would be more so.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xterrain

That all said, I also find it alarming that SO many people ignore the MATHEMATICAL FACT that due to statistics we know and can prove on Earth, that there are about 1,000,000,000 worlds in our own galaxy that are harboring advanced life forms..

Wooah. Hang on a second...........

What Mathematical FACT that over a billion worlds in our own galaxy are harbouring advanced life forms....

If you can tell us all of just one world in the galaxy (other than our own) harbouring advanced life then please let us know the planetary name, the star system and the statistical proof.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver
What? the old stories are the more reliable ones since there was less stuff flying around in the sky 150 years ago.

Old stories are NOT more reliable for any reason. In fact they are FAR more easily faked - you can create photos that look old timey and write stories about people and places that never existed.

I used to believe in the stories of "airships" and such until I actually went to some old archive places and found NO trace that claimed articles ever existed...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xterrain
yh id sure like to know the proof behind hundreds of thousands of planets having advanced life. While I strongly BELEIVE there are planets with intelligent life (or at least what we seem to think is intelligent). I fail to see much solid proof of this other than microscopic organisms found on mars but the argument could be put that those organisms could give a statement holding more proof than yours.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
that said not a big fan of timetravel ....backwards anyway

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

His mathematical fact sounds just like the Drake Equation, which is in fact, just a probabilistic theory.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've reached out to Chris to see about him doing an Ask Me Anything thread here, if anyone knows him please put in the good word.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a Chinese Lantern, or too much frothy ale that day!
)

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Quite a fascinating case considering it purports high technology in a very low technological era. So much so that an Author called Chris Aubeck (are you an ATS'er?) has decided to investigate it.

The story was published in the New York Herald on April 5, 1873, and trying to find an online copy has been frustrating:

I have wrote the sighting word for word as it is in the article for people who can't see it very well:

Zanesville, Ohio, April 5, 1873.
To The Editor of The Herald:--
A most extraordinary phenomenon was observed near the village of Taylorsville, a few miles from this city. About a week ago, Mr.Thomas Inman, whom your reporter can vouch for as a respectable farmer of unquestionable truth and veracity, related the circumstance to the writer, and with his son, who was also an eye witness, is willing to make oath to the truth of this statement.
One evening about two weeks ago, while Mr.Inman and his son, a young man, were returning to their home from Tayolrsville, the saw a light which they describe as looking like a "burning brush pile", near the zenith, descending rapidly towards the earth, with a loud roaring noise.
It struck the ground in the road a short distance from them. The blazing object flickered and flared for a few moments and then faded into darkness, as a man dressed in a complete suit of Black, and carrying a lantern emerged from it. The man walked a few paces and stepped into a buggy, which had not been observed before, by either Mr.Inman or his son.
There was no horse attached to his supernatural vehicle, but no sooner had the man taken his seat that it started to run, noiselessly but with great velocity, along the highway, and this is continued to do until it reached a steep gully, into which it plunged, when buggy, man and lantern suddenly disappeared as mysteriously as they came.

This phenomenon is certainly an extraordinary and unexplainable one, and sounds more like the vagary of a crazed brain than anything else. But both Mr. Inman and his son, who are sober men and not given to superstitious notions, agree precisely in their statements and maintain that they are strictly true. If it was an optical delusion, super-induced by a meteor or “Jack o’ lantern,” is it not strange that the same fancied appearances could be conjured up in the minds of two men at the same time? Here is a chance for scientists to explain the fantastical optical and other illusions and delusions which follow in the train of, and are suggested by, some strange and unexpected sight or occurrence.

W. A. Taylor.

The above was described in the writings of a Zanesville historian and journalist William Alexander Taylor in The New York Herald on April 5, 1873

Interesting to note the alleged 'man' was wearing black

Sounds like a time traveler story to me. I hope the investigator get's all the relative information about this case, and i'll look forward to reading it.

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: codythatkid
Not sure if that is real of just someones very good imagination back then... but i like it!
I Thought i saw a UFO once upon a time, sorta looked like a shooting star in height in the air, but not moving nearly fast enough for a shooting star. There were no flashing lights either then it just dissipated. Maybe what i saw was that machine traveling back in time to 1873.
I saw the exact same thing in the sky one evening. It looked like a shooting star, was moving horizontally at a great speed and then...it just disappeared. Not sure what it was but it did move in a strange manner.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Excellent, it would be a great way to get the relative information of this case from him. Hopefully he Googles himself frequently and see's your post

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join