It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you double check your voting machine before pushing the enter button?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
People think that reading an email from Nigeria can steal their bank funds but trust the unaudited, secret voting machine code and system for elections.

Of course, most people do not understand information, so there you have it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I noticed, when I voted this morning, that my Mother's name had been removed from the registration book. I did notice something a little strange though. I was one of the first people there when the polling place, that I was assigned to, opened this morning. When they were going through the book looking for my name, I could see that several other people had already voted. In all fairness, they could have been people who had already cast an absentee ballot. I just don't know. I did notice one thing. When I pressed the button on the machine to cast my ballot, a printer across the room started. I watched as a man took the print out, folded it and stuck it in a lock box. When I walked over to get a cup of coffee I could see what the printer was printing. It was a printed copy of a person's vote, so at least in my County there is a paper backup of the ballots.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
When I pressed the button on the machine to cast my ballot, a printer across the room started. I watched as a man took the print out, folded it and stuck it in a lock box. When I walked over to get a cup of coffee I could see what the printer was printing. It was a printed copy of a person's vote, so at least in my County there is a paper backup of the ballots.

That's what happens -everywhere-. Machine prints and a person stuffs it into a locked box.

The only thing that has changed is that instead of filing out your own paper, a machine prints it out for you. It saves quite a lot of paper, time, and money.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Paper ballots here. I'm in FL, they don't trust us to vote with machines. Which is fine, as I don't trust the machines either.....

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Paper ballots here in my district in NC

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I had to fill in the bubble with a pen, fold it into a sealed envelope and drop it into a box. No machines where I'm at. I've never even seen a "voting machine".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join