It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steak and Shrimp Dinner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ok this is my first dinner combo that I've submitted so don't laugh, it might not be too unique but it works. Ok the dinner primarily consists of two parts; steak and shrimp.

I'll start off with the steak. The steak is crucial in the meal. Basically grill the steak to your liking. Any steak works but my favorites include Filet Mingon and New York Strip. I haven't tried Kobe steak but I've heard it's good, expensive though. Spices can make your steak even better but it doesn't matter what you use. I prefer a Filet or NY Strip with a moderate amount of spices of your choice grilled medium well.

The next part of the meal is the fryied shrimp, I'm well known in my family for cooking this. Although you can switch things around heres how I like to make mine;

1. The shrimp should be frozen, if not freeze overnight
  2. Place the shrimp in a spagetti bowl and pour water to thaw
  3. Once the ice melts place the shrimp on a paper towls
  4. Then use another paper towel(s) to dry shrimp
  5. Hand Remove the tails
  6. Place a frying pan on the stove and pour olive oil onto it
  7. Next set the stove to a high temperature
  8. Then place the shrimp on the pan using skillit (Careful!, the pan should be hot!)
  9. Then as the shrimp cooks add a few spices, I use lemon pepper and sometimes garlic
  10. Cook the shrimp until you feel they are well cooked, if they turn a bit brown they are probably ready
  11. Finally when they are about cooked turn off the stove and let them sit for about a minute
  12. Finally they should be ready to serve

Remember it is essential to practice timing so that the steak and shrimp are ready at the same time. Also don't use breading, it ruins the flavor in my opinion.

It's probably a good idea to serve some kind of side dish with the steak and shrimp. On top of my list is rice, this stuff works with nearly any meal and can be flavored to your likeing. White rice seems to work well with the shrimp and goes well with the steak. Other options include, garlic bread, lingunie or other pasta, or cooked vegtables for the healthy eater.

Anyhow thats a nice dinner that I've played around with. Enjoy!

join