It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgotten Human History

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Just consider that what is in Cremo's book is made up stuff and act accordingly.

In one of commercials (print)

He claims that everyone is still being lied to.

He is correct and he's the one doing it...

Example of Cremo's work

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Slayer - bravo! Another thought provoking thread. I have actually thought that our race has forgotten more than we will ever know.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I have a book by Michael Cremo in Forbidden Archaeology. It's quite fascinating. I always wanted it but it was at least $100 then u found it at a small used bookstore about 30 mins away and bought it. I enjoy reading about these "out of place artifacts."

Thinking people are very happy to hear that you bought Cremo's piece of trash used. It ensures that that fraud didn't get any money from you.

Keep it in the bathroom in case you run out of tissue.

Harte

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
Slayer - bravo! Another thought provoking thread. I have actually thought that our race has forgotten more than we will ever know.

I appreciate the feedback. North Africa isn't the only location nor is this period the only one to explore. I suspect there are now dried river valleys and other coastal regions which still have a human story to tell. Coastal migration out of Africa seems to be very feasible and took thousands of years.

Regional climate changes is the norm on a living planet such as ours. Ice ages, Sea level changes, tsunamis, Volcanic eruptions, Earthquakes are not just modern threats, they've been happening all throughout human history as well.

Pompeii, Minoa, City of Alexandria just to name a few locations all suffered natural disasters within recorded history. Imagine if Cities like Rome, London or Ancient Athens succumbed to a Krakatoa type eruption in their earlier critical development/contribution periods.

How would that have impacted our known history or their known legacy....

edit on 31-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Finding a plausible explanation for the Holocene Optimum would be a good place to start.

Right now the "Mainstream" thinking is that the Earth's orbit in relation to the sun changed sometime after 10,000bc LOL I'll repeat that - OUR ORBIT CHANGED. First it got Warmer in the Southern Hempisphere - Then The Planet Earth Tilted and began receiving 40% more solar radiation in Northern Hemisphere LOLLL

And then I guess we went back to the "Normal" orbit and tilt by 3000bc.
Oh and of course we have the 8.2k Event in between where temperatures dropped again.

It all stinks

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 131415
Finding a plausible explanation for the Holocene Optimum would be a good place to start.

2 words... Milankovitch Cycle

Right now the "Mainstream" thinking is that the Earth's orbit in relation to the sun changed sometime after 10,000bc LOL I'll repeat that - OUR ORBIT CHANGED.

No, its not the orbit that changed, nor is that the "mainstream" thought process on the matter. Its the tilt of our axis that changed as it is constantly, slowly doing at all times.

First it got Warmer in the Southern Hempisphere - Then The Planet Earth Tilted and began receiving 40% more solar radiation in Northern Hemisphere LOLLL

The Earth's axis completes one full cycle of precession approximately every 26,000 years. At the same time the elliptical orbit rotates more slowly. The combined effect of the two precessions leads to a 21,000-year period between the astronomical seasons and the orbit. In addition, the angle between Earth's rotational axis and the normal to the plane of its orbit (obliquity) oscillates between 22.1 and 24.5 degrees on a 41,000-year cycle. It is currently 23.44 degrees and decreasing.

And then I guess we went back to the "Normal" orbit and tilt by 3000bc.

Not normal tilt. Please see above, the axis is not stable, I.e. in exactly one location/ specific angle with no variability and then suddenly shifts a couple of degrees out of nowhere. The impact on climate and environment would be catastrophic if that occurred. Milankovitch cycles and the axial variability are well known, predictable and measurable as well as ongoing. Being incredulous doesn't make the science any less real.

Oh and of course we have the 8.2k Event in between where temperatures dropped again.

The warming trend of the preceding period resulted in the collapse of the Laurentide Ice Sheet. This caused a large meltwater pulse of rather cold water being introduced into the North Atlantic as a couple of massive glacial lakes emptied their contents. This meltwater pulse affected the North Atlantic thermohaline circulation, reducing northward heat transport in the Atlantic and causing significant circum-North Atlantic cooling. The resulting drying trends produced arid co dictionary and drought in East Africa and the Middle East and may have been the spark the pushed Mesopotamia to begin their large irrigation projects that were a crucial factor in their emerging dominance in the region.

It all stinks

You're certainly entitled to that opinion but I think you'd find it to be a lot less melodramatic if you did a little further reading.
edit on 31-10-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 131415

Right now the "Mainstream" thinking is that the Earth's orbit in relation to the sun changed sometime after 10,000bc LOL I'll repeat that - OUR ORBIT CHANGED. First it got Warmer in the Southern Hempisphere - Then The Planet Earth Tilted and began receiving 40% more solar radiation in Northern Hemisphere LOLLL

Change is a constant!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
just for a brief ..

Lets go back 12,000 years ago.. or Maybe... even further..

when Glacier's.. just started to fade away.

Egypt a Place more Humid Wetter, Tropical, kind of place..

When Antarctica wasn't much covered in ice sheets as it is Now ...

as shown in the Piri Reis Map ..

250,000 years , Modern Man has been on this Planet, 6000 years of Written recorded history . ++ 90+ % of History of Lost

Still what was modern man doing for 244,000 years ? Modern Man Us what we are today..

of all the things that Modern Humans Accomplished in just within 100 years..

From a Flying Machine ( Wright Brothers ) 1903 to NASA - Apollo 11 Landing on the Moon in 66 years.. ?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Unfortunately the PR shows no such thing

250,000 years , Modern Man has been on this Planet, 6000 years of Written recorded history . ++ 90+ % of History of Lost

Still what was modern man doing for 244,000 years ? Modern Man Us what we are today..

From a Flying Machine ( Wright Brothers ) 1903 to NASA - Apollo 11 Landing on the Moon in 66 years.. ?

Okay explain why there were stone age tribes in Africa, New Guinea, Asia and the Amazon up to the modern era?

Answer the advance of man is not dependent on his just being modern man but is due to other causes.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
2 words... Milankovitch Cycle

Yes the Milankovitch Cycle is indeed universally accepted - yet we have Glaciation occurring at the same time/rate in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres. There is no generally accepted explanation of why the ice ages should be globally synchronized if they are driven by Milankovitch orbital fluctuations. Convenient that he apparently ignored his own findings to help meet an already erroneous Chronological theory by Penck-Bruckner. I guess when you simply take one site at 65degrees North and apply it to the entire planet its easy to reach these absurd assumptions. In regards to tilt Milankovitch suggested the axis moved a half degree in a very short time period - yet procession explains that we only oscillate 2.2 degrees every 41,000 years. Am I missing something? Shouldn't we be experiencing enormous drops in Global Temperature at the same intervals every 26k years? Enough to recreate the last Ice Age?

Another note:

Temperatures 20,000 years ago in the Northern Hemisphere were at a Maximum 5-9 degrees colder then they are today. So if New York City is covered in Ice - and its average temp in Summer today is 24 degrees - that meant during the LGM it was 17 degrees Celcius - Whats the freezing point of water again?

Forgive me if I don't find any of this 'Plausible'

Also if were acknowledging orbits can change - why are we quick to assume that the Solar System has remained in its current state for 4.5 Billion years?
edit on 31-10-2014 by 131415 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Jolly good work.

When the climate changed in North Africa, it was only natural for the locals to seek out a new source of fresh water. Then they stumbled upon the Nile, which provided fresh water and produce. And naturally commerce and culture would follow, which lead to a sophisticated culture that was way before it's time.

As for sifting through the sand for evidence, that is brilliant. Paleontologists will scan the Himalayas for evidence of fossils, that might sound silly but 200+ million years ago that area of the Earths crust was underwater. Who knows what could lie beneath the dunes of the Sahara.

edit on 31-10-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I hope, well I know, shocking finds will be found. It's only a matter of time before all history books will need to be rewritten!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Unfortunately the PR shows no such thing

Okay explain why there were stone age tribes in Africa, New Guinea, Asia and the Amazon up to the modern era?

Answer the advance of man is not dependent on his just being modern man but is due to other causes.

its what is claimed ( At First ) by The U.S. Navy Hydrographic Bureau in 1953

It does show channels within the Map ..

The Choosing of Isolation .. What is it that you want me to explain.. I need some detail here .. your speaking about Primitive Tribes ?? Well Just about all the places that has Advance unexplained Technology we have here in the Old and New World there is primitive People Nearby that We all know there is No way that these People have Made these Wonders , Architecture .. Listen How about Explaining me where is the Blue Prints or any slightest Idea of How the Pyramids, Temples, Ziggurats, Runs of Puma Punku were Built .. There were Pockets of being "Advanced Sentients" in the Niches you Know Beings that have that ABILITY too,,,, Wonder, That are Curious eager to learn to Advance themselves for a better Life ... Who to Say that there were, High advanced Intelligent Beings quarter of a Million years ago ... a Close Nit Community .. Different from the Others like themselves in intellect. Advancing progressing at every moment ..

Explain a the Cookie Cutter Molds Pattern of the H Blocks in Puma Punk in Peru Bolivia.

You Really think a primitive Stone- Brass age Tribes with No Written language ( Inca ) ( unlike the Mayans ) built these H Blocks Earch one by Hand ? or it was in a Press fitting Mold , with some advancement of softening Stone some how some way to Form the Shapes of the Ha Blocks that Resembles a a Toy Lego, Stackeable , Puzzle interlocking Building Block. Yup Feats like that Yet still in the Brass Age.. Where are Tools To Build/Make them ? Seam like they left the Work Site with all there tools.. ok... but where they go.. Who are they ? and your Saying its Primitive Natives that done the Job .. Just Like Egypt , Just Like Ankor Watt , There were Primitive Tribes Nearby the area

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

. Now, I'm not going to go into the why's and how's of the changes that occurred, that's for the more familiar than I to post.

We all know why, and how.

The climate is in a constant state of motion.

It gets hot.

It gets cold.

It gets wet.

It gets dry.

As civilizations have always built near fresh water sources.

Through years,centuries, it changes.

Then people move.

Actually this thread reminds me of an analogy that we all can relate to.

During the old west.

Water, and gold, and silver.

Towns were created out of nothing. Once the 'wells' dried up.

Towns went bust.

And IMO that scenario pretty much explains the story of man on every continent.

A few thousand years from now the world is going to look very much different.

As there is a time, and a place for all things.

The constant state of motion.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz
Ya know, most of this 'Forgotten Human History' meme is based upon 'Brown people can't build cool #'. Pity it's not recognised for what it is.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Excuse me...

Most of my threads are very much on point about Brown People of various ethnicities being the ones who ARE the ones who built most those possible sites which are often over looked as contributing to humanity.

Johnny?

Really?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Great post, but isn't it already well established that there were much more settlements in the Sahara during the temperate period? They have found ruins and settlement evidence in the Sahara.

originally posted by: SLAYER69
While reading some references on earlier Egyptian periods, I came across how some speculated that the reason why Egypt and more importantly the Nile river became so important was due to changes in North Africa. Possible mass migration to the region, where people settled and became builders of great monuments, Were all ancient Egyptians simply migrants from the drying North African Sahara? No, not all. But this period is so far back that it does make one wonder what were these people up to before they made it to the Nile region.

Let's take a look at the present day Sahara.

That present day map shows a much dryer and a much less inhabitable environment. Now, I'm not going to go into the why's and how's of the changes that occurred, that's for the more familiar than I to post. My questions, speculation and points of interests arise from these articles...

Sahara Desert Was Once Lush and Populated

Some 12,000 years ago, the only place to live along the eastern Sahara Desert was the Nile Valley. Being so crowded, prime real estate in the Nile Valley was difficult to come by. Disputes over land were often settled with the fist, as evidenced by the cemetery of Jebel Sahaba where many of the buried individuals had died a violent death.

But around 10,500 years ago, a sudden burst of monsoon rains over the vast desert transformed the region into habitable land.

This opened the door for humans to move into the area, as evidenced by the researcher's 500 new radiocarbon dates of human and animal remains from more than 150 excavation sites.

"The climate change at [10,500 years ago] which turned most of the [3.8 million square mile] large Sahara into a savannah-type environment happened within a few hundred years only, certainly within less than 500 years," said study team member Stefan Kroepelin of the University of Cologne in Germany.

What would a greener North Africa look like?

I know, it's pretty to look at but doesn't give us much in the way of details, But, I wanted to shake up perspectives. Science tells us that Homo Sapien migrated out of Africa and then breed with other genetic cousins. North Africa has gone through a few environmental changes well within that timeline. We see 'Cradle Civs' and very ancient ruins all around the Mediterranean both above and below present sea levels and of course the Fertile crescent. Egypt, Sumer and all points East and North in Europe, both East and West.

Now, If we take a look at ancient fresh water Rivers and lakes now buried under the shifting sands of the present day Sahara it reveals that there is a very real possibility that part of our collective past is still unknown to us. While the circular migration around the Mediterranean into Europe and points East is fairly well known and proven. There may be a lost and forgotten migration 'Out of Africa' which if true, it's possible cultural impact has yet to be understood, this massive now dried and abandon previously occupied location may still yield valuable insight into a lost and forgotten period of humanity.

They may have navigated the Mediterranean, possibly out into the Atlantic and beyond, all in prehistory. They had plenty of food available to them. Why wouldn't an advanced culture/early civilization develop there? We've seen it happen in much less habitable locations.

Fish swam in the Sahara, Bolstering out of Africa theory

The cradle of humanity lies south of the Sahara, which begs the question as to how our species made its way past it. The Sahara is the largest hot desert in the world, and would seem a major barrier for any humans striving to migrate off the continent.

Scientists have often focused on the Nile Valley as the corridor by which humans left Africa. However, considerable research efforts have failed to uncover evidence for its consistent use by people leaving the continent, and precisely how watery it has been over time is controversial.

Now it turns out the Sahara might not have been quite as impassable as once thought — not only for humanity, but for fish as well.

I know it's speculation on my part but if science is willing to flirt with the idea that the Neanderthal may have sailed to Crete, then why would it be impossible for some now forgotten Ancient Saharan Homo Sapiens to do the same, not just to Crete but elsewhere?

Neanderthals May Have Sailed to Crete

Neanderthals, or even older Homo erectus("Upright Man") might have sailed around the Mediterranean, stopping at islands such as Crete and Cyprus, new evidence suggests. The evidence suggests that these hominid species had considerable seafaring and cognitive skills.

"They had to have had boats of some sort; unlikely they swam," said Alan Simmons, lead author of a study about the find in this week's Science. "Many of the islands had no land-bridges, thus they must have had the cognitive ability to both build boats and know how to navigate them."

Faces of our Ancestors

Simmons, a professor of anthropology at the University of Nevada, added that there is no direct evidence for boats dating back to over 100,000 years ago. If they were built then, the wood or other natural materials likely eroded. Instead, other clues hint that modern humans may not have been the first to set foot on Mediterranean islands.

On Crete, for example, tools such as quartz hand-axes, picks and cleavers are associated with deposits that may date to 170,000 years ago. Previously, this island, as well as Cyprus, was thought to have first been colonized about 9,000 years ago by late Neolithic agriculturalists with domesticated resources.

So, Neanderthals, or even older Homo erectus("Upright Man") could have possibly sailed around the Mediterranean but our specific more intelligent ancestors living in a very hospitable zone couldn't have? Now, are there still yet to be found advanced cultures/early civilizations buried under the massive bone dry Sahara region?

I guess the only real way to find out is to simply start digging...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Ya know, most of this 'Forgotten Human History' meme is based upon 'Brown people can't build cool #'. Pity it's not recognised for what it is.

Not really. Some perhaps, like the pyramids. But the real questions about many places in ancient times comes from the difficulty for virtually all cultures at the time to build some of these things, based on average technology. Like Balbek in Lebanon. 1000 ton blocks. Showing perplexity about how they were moved in no way puts down ancient Phoenicians or Canaanites, but simply asks real questions: what culture of any kind back then was able to move those and how? How if it would be challenging now did anybody do that 2-4000 years ago.

Your view would only make sense if people were to claim "The ancient Africans were not able to build the pyramids, therefore it must have been white Mediterranean people." Now don't get me wrong, there are those who try to characterize ancient Egypt as a white thing, and make it seem not African but Middle Eastern or Mediterranean.
edit on 31-10-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

its what is claimed ( At First ) by The U.S. Navy Hydrographic Bureau in 1953

Hapgood simply made that up he made up lots of things. Below is an image the black outline is the world the purple one is what the Piri Reis map shows

The Choosing of Isolation .. What is it that you want me to explain.. I need some detail here .. your speaking about Primitive Tribes ?? Well Just about all the places that has Advance unexplained Technology we have here in the Old and New World there is primitive People Nearby that We all know there is No way that these People have Made these Wonders , Architecture .. Listen How about Explaining me where is the Blue Prints or any slightest Idea of How the Pyramids, Temples, Ziggurats, Runs of Puma Punku were Built .. There were Pockets of being "Advanced Sentients" in the Niches you Know Beings that have that ABILITY too,,,, Wonder, That are Curious eager to learn to Advance themselves for a better Life ... Who to Say that there were, High advanced Intelligent Beings quarter of a Million years ago ... a Close Nit Community .. Different from the Others like themselves in intellect. Advancing progressing at every moment ..

My comments were made to counter your claim that modern man must advance, obviously not all modern HSS did.

Blue prints were not invented then, they went by eye and experience, something craftsmen of today still use, Dhows in Arabia are still made solely by eye.

Now could there have been others, smart other long ago? Yes - have we found any evidence for them? No. Is there any evidence for a lost civ of HSS, not yet.

Explain a the Cookie Cutter Molds Pattern of the H Blocks in Puma Punk in Peru Bolivia.

Master craftsmen with the tools available in soft stone.

You Really think a primitive Stone- Brass age Tribes with No Written language ( Inca ) ( unlike the Mayans ) built these H Blocks Earch one by Hand ?

No I don't they were most probably made by the Tiwanaku who existed well before the Inca, yes by hand what other way can you carve stone?

or it was in a Press fitting Mold , with some advancement of softening Stone some how some way to Form the Shapes of the Ha Blocks that Resembles a a Toy Lego, Stackeable , Puzzle interlocking Building Block. Yup Feats like that Yet still in the Brass Age.. Where are Tools To Build/Make them ? Seam like they left the Work Site with all there tools.. ok... but where they go.. Who are they ? and your Saying its Primitive Natives that done the Job .. Just Like Egypt , Just Like Ankor Watt , There were Primitive Tribes Nearby the area

Angkor Wat is many things but it origin is not particularly mysteries. You don't like the Tiwanaku theory? Then ask your own question about the X civilization that you seem to believe made them, no tools, no language, no nothing but rocks and these rocks surrounded by evidence of another culture that had a long and fruitful history of very good stone masonry.

Kinda makes you wonder
edit on 31/10/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Not really. Some perhaps, like the pyramids. But the real questions about many places in ancient times comes from the difficulty for virtually all cultures at the time to build some of these things, based on average technology. Like Balbek in Lebanon. 1000 ton blocks. Showing perplexity about how they were moved in no way puts down ancient Phoenicians or Canaanites, but simply asks real questions: what culture of any kind back then were able to move those and how? How if it would be challenging now did anybody do that 2-4000 years ago.

Actually 800 ton, three of them and they probably took years to bring into place. The difficulty is why heavy stones like that were not moved very often. In ancient history about 40 really heavy stones were moved, that its. That covers a lot of different cultures and thousands of years of time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join