It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kaci Hickox the nurse that won't be quarantined is linked to the CDC!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Some of the problem looks to be related to this: Kimberly-Clark faces $500 million suit over Ebola protection gown
The "ebola protection gowns" aren't effective.

Also, your quite includes, "infections occurred outside the context of Ebola treatment and care." There has always been a significant concern in ebola-infected countries that an untold number of sick and contagious people are not seeking treatment, and infecting others. It's one of the biggest problems as many in western Africa don't trust the doctors.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Again, we're in the deconstructing disinformation thread no?

So maybe you could take a stab at the answer at why this isn't in the news. That she works FOR the CDC.

it's not in the news because it isn't newsworthy...just because all the right-wingers here don't trust ANY government organization doesn't make it a conspiracy that she worked, or works for the CDC

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

It's not newsworthy that she works for the CDC and disregards CDC guidelines? That all the "news" mentions is DWB and not the CDC. Some pretty sucky "news" reporters there if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

and disregards CDC guidelines?

She's not disregarding any guidelines.

Which do you believe she is? That's an odd statement given available information.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Again, please explain why the MSM does not mention Agent Hickox's employment with the CDC?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Who knows? Government and corporations lie and obfuscate constantly.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

it does when she was the first one to go into a quarantine, and starts a fuss.
after the president trys to and does force the state in which she was to back down.

then a civil suit follows, that doesn't smell to you.
looks like a end run by the president me.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What it is, suits doesn't work as per Kimberly-Clark claim, or the health care workers been infected after they take their safety suits off as per WHO claims in infected regions where they work.

Contradicting information on the safety of the suits they wear, this is blame game.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It's not newsworthy that she works for the CDC and disregards CDC guidelines? That all the "news" mentions is DWB and not the CDC. Some pretty sucky "news" reporters there if you ask me.

they are guidelines, not hard and fast laws...common sense tells you that she, above all other people, would know if she was infected, and second, that she, if infected, would attempt to save her own life (like any normal person would)...apparently, in your world, right-wing politicians, and radio hosts are the true experts on Ebola
edit on 31-10-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
Again, please explain why the MSM does not mention Agent Hickox's employment with the CDC?

I did.

Why isn't anyone explaining why it would be such a big deal for her, as a nurse with epidemiology experience, to work for/with the CDC?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Contradicting information on the safety of the suits they wear, this is blame game.

I don't understand the point. Nothing is contradictory regarding the Kimberly Clark issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
CNN's headline are a bit wonky at the moment. And you wonder why people are confused....

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

they are guidelines, not hard and fast laws...common sense tells you that she, above all other people, would know if she was infected, and second, that she, if infected, would attempt to save her own life (like any normal person would)...apparently, in your world, right-wing politicians, and radio hosts are the true experts on Ebola

Guidelines the first court just upheld. And that wasn't exactly my point. But you know that.

And for the fourth or fifth time...is this deconstructing disinformation or just yet another thread to ramble on about in?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Which is it? She gave up a well paying job (+$90,000 a year) with the CDC to work for Doctors Without Borders (volunteer work) or it doesn't matter? It matters to me who she works for! It's very apparent that she was assigned this particular flight to confront the state quarantine regulations.

And it's just a coincidence that she complained about her ordeal at Newark Airport to the Dallas News where another EIS CDC employee (Yasmin Seema) works as a propaganda spokesperson? That is what Agent Hickox is, a government propaganda spokesperson for the Administration. It's very plain to see.

www.cdc.gov...
Page 139 of 143.

www.cdc.gov...
Page 138 of 143.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I guess not.

Now, I find interesting that a person that hide her ties to the CDC and her training as an ESI, posted, this upon graduation.

Passion, Practicality Drive Nursing Graduate,

Her perseverance paid off. She landed that position she wanted with Doctors Without Borders in Myanmar in Southeast Asia, where she spent two years managing three primary health care clinics. In 2010 she was working on a measles outbreak in northern Nigeria when the Doctors Without Borders team conducted a medical investigation. Children were dying in one village, and the team discovered the cause to be acute lead poisoning from poor gold mining practices.

“After that experience and others like it, I realize that we need to find better ways to improve health surveillance and outbreak response in settings with poor resources,” Hickox says. “My training in the EIS with the CDC will allow me to learn the gold standard of this kind of work.”

But then she comes home to the US after working with ebola patients, and complain about her treatment, the rules and guidelines impose by the NY state and is hell bend on disregarding such guide lines.

It makes no sense, I guess she had a change of hart about her passions.

www.uta.edu...

edit on 31-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

CNN's headline are a bit wonky at the moment. And you wonder why people are confused....

That is because the same judge has lifted his order from Thursday night. She is no longer under any quarantine.

Maine Judge Rejects Ebola Quarantine for Nurse Kaci Hickox

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If the MSM mentioned that she works for the CDC, it wouldn't cause suspicion as much as not mentioning it does. Does that make sense to you?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

CNN's headline are a bit wonky at the moment.

CNN has been playing at feeding the fear and paranoia. Not long ago, one of their headlines implied Ebola had gone airborne, but the article body contradicted the headline.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
If the MSM mentioned that she works for the CDC, it wouldn't cause suspicion as much as not mentioning it does. Does that make sense to you?

No. Makes no sense. Lots of medical professionals, especially in the field of microbiology and epidemiology have worked for/with the CDC at one point in their careers. It's not uncommon.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blargo

That is because the same judge has lifted his order from Thursday night. She is no longer under any quarantine.

Maine Judge Rejects Ebola Quarantine for Nurse Kaci Hickox

No. The breaking headline is wrong. She is under CDC "some risk" quarantine.

ETA:

It's really dishonest and embarrassing for them. Makes it seem like they just can't keep up.
edit on 10/31/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join