It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Westren News Outlets Attack Russia/Syria Libya is At near 'point of no return'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
As a side note to these wars going on in oil producing countries is the price of a barrel of oil dropping . We have all of our regular suspects involved but the key roll of Saudi Arabia both in funding ISIS and selling their oil cheep couldn't make it clearer in my mind .If they want to come out of this as the major power in the ME they are going to have to fight for it .I suspect that Iran/Russia will be the ones to hit them very hard .

Both Iran and Russia are suffering from the oil prices and know that SA is the cause .Economic terrorism against two powerful neighbors is not going to go on for very long before they start hurling things at each other .I hardly think anyone would miss them .

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I would add that the term "Western media" is such a generic, catch all term as to be meaningless - for example, the UK media seems to carry far more pertinent information that the dreck carried on many US networks, for example, you mention that the FSA has not been mentioned, when in the UK it is quite extensively covered.

Television news is for lazy people who do not mind being under-informed. PBS does a fair job of providing in depth coverage, and there is still the New York Times. Otherwise, it's mostly celebrity gossip. So yes, PBS and NYT followers understand the complexity there.

We know they are being trained in Turkey and Saudi, we also know they have sent soldiers to fight in Kobane alongside the YPG against IS, but many Americans do not even seem to be aware of the multitude of factions that exist, much less what they are doing. Many seem to equate Syrian rebels with IS (then get confused when the US says they are supplying weapons to rebels) when there are many different factions who are broadly split into 3 camps - the moderates (FSA + YPG), the Islamists (Al Nusra) and the far-right Islamic State.

As I said, the mainstream media has done little but spread confusion, since often they are repeating politically charged accusations aimed at manipulating domestic opinion rather than reporting on the situation itself.

As for Libya, again it seems much of the detail is not being reported in US media, hence this disconnect. Were you aware that 2,000 Libyan Army soldiers are undergoing training in England? Are you also aware of the former General of the Libyan Army who has rallied former special forces and regular units to fight the Islamists and protect the Government, with mixed results...

Soon a strongman will restore order and Agent-USA-Supporter will have a new dictator to admire. Those who think that the US is interested in destabilizing the "Arab world" have it exactly backwards. It has always been in the interest not only of the United States, but of Russia, to have fundamentally tribal, religiously divided countries in the region ruled by a monarch, a dictator or a military junta. Highly structured, centralized nations are easier to deal with diplomatically and more predictable. Ideally, these autarchs should be benevolent and pro-US/EU, but even a rat like Assad is better than IS.

<< 1   >>

join