It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Westren News Outlets Attack Russia/Syria Libya is At near 'point of no return'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
While the majority of the Westren News Outlets and their talking heads attack Russia and Putin fingering point the blame game and still Portray the Free Syrian Army as moderates.

There is one country they are skipping and avoiding to report on and that is Libya, Libya is now a is at near 'point of no return' as the UN envoy says whom visited Libya.

While Westren News Outlets Attack Russia/Syria Libya is At near 'point of no return'

Libya near 'point of no return', U.N. says as fighting toll rises

Factional warfare in Libya is pushing the oil producer "very close to the point of no return", the U.N. special envoy to the country said on Tuesday with efforts to bring about a ceasefire and political dialogue showing no result.

The North African country has had two governments and parliaments since a militia group from the western city of Misrata seized the capital Tripoli in August, setting up its own cabinet and assembly. The internationally-recognized government of Prime Minister Abdullah al-Thinni had to move 1,000 km (625 miles) to the east where the elected House of Representatives is also now working, effectively splitting the vast desert nation.

Gaddafi before getting shot by gang of mercenaries did warn this would happen. It comes to no surprise that Libya is in a chaotic state as it is with Iraq.

Interesting comment on the article.

You might as well add that this chaos in Lybia is more evidence that US policies in the region, including the pursuit of regime change in Syria, Iraq and Lybia have been a complete and tragic disaster.

These are the same policies that America has being pushing for in Ukraine. And Ukraine will be a disaster as well. Already the tensions in the Balkans are heating up because of the Albanian football game accident in Serbia and in macedonia Albanians believe parts of macedonia belong to them. Including parts of Greece.
So not only is that Libya is a tragic disaster. But the Balkans as well. In my view i think its time for America and Britain to stop meddling in affairs of other countries.

Is it a surprise that the news media are avoiding whats happening in Libya like plaque?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Most Americans still support regime changes despite almost every single one being an abject failure. When these states finally fail completely we blame the people of that state for it and deflect or deny culpability.

Libya is just a more recent example and almost no American cares at all. We will only care if Libya does something to directly affect us, as Qaddafi threatened to do by trying to free Africa from the imperial yoke. Freedom and prosperity for third world countries is anti American.

Just look at Latin America. We only pay attention to their problems when a dictator gains enough power to threaten our interests or if they directly affect Americans.

The recent surge of hate towards Hispanic immigrants is evidence of this. People are pissed they they would flee their broken countries to come here for a better life because it disrupts life in America. How dare they disrespect our sovereign borders?!?! They dare because they are desperate and because we violated the sovereignty of their nations over and over in many many ways.

Thanks for the post but sadly I doubt many people will sympathize with Libya. It's their own fault for being dirty Muslim terrorists after all. Right?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
"From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli.

We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land, and sea."

Let freedom ring.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Its occured to me that being up to date on current events is a fools errand, we might all be better off if we got up to date on current tv shows and movie releases. At least they offer a world view that actually has some sort of hope.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Ignore the man behind the curtain...look this way.

Same old same old...the old ways are the best, and they work every single time.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Libya went past the point of no return a while ago, I would say it happened when that new bank got setup on the Eastern boarder. Very soon after that the no fly zone started its bombing runs and the insurgency kicked off. Libya is going to be a mess for some time to come. It would be good if the kids driving these conflicts can stop fighting over their toys and learn from their mistakes.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The only thing the media of the USA, UK and other western countries is protecting is the US$ and if Russia carries on with china and the other BRICS countries they will bypass it very soon and that is the concern that somewhere along the line there will be the sound of empty cash registers and those who held power tumbling out from their ivory towers to the concrete below - many may well say and not before time!

Isis and Libya are purely foils which has been proved pretty much by the father of dead isis horrors in portsmouth being given media time in order to be able to tell us all in the UK that his cute little darling was/is such a lovely boy. My view is I wonder how the father would like a stoning from his own medieval culture's books for his treason as the father defending his treasonous isis fighter who should never have been allowed to come back to the UK in any case.

I wonder how long the government here will be ignoring the public's demand for actions against these british isis fighters to be permanent and their sympering families removal from from the UK?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I'm sorry I didn't quite follow that. What did you say?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

While the majority of the Westren News Outlets and their talking heads attack Russia and Putin fingering point the blame game and still Portray the Free Syrian Army as moderates.

Every time you use the expression "Western media," you throw serious doubt on your ability to access it. Putin has virtually vanished from the "Western media" in the glare of Ebola, Ukrainian elections and the bar room brawl going on between Arabs, Turks and Kurds. There has been virtually no discussion of the Free Syrian Army, other than a round of confusion.

There is one country they are skipping and avoiding to report on and that is Libya, Libya is now a is at near 'point of no return' as the UN envoy says whom visited Libya.

What do you suggest the United States should do to remedy the situation?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it a disaster. A disaster insinuates a mistake, from the perspective of those who are responsible for what is Libya today, I would say it's going quite swimmingly. Besides, if it was a real disaster we can always send in the drones and female Kurdish suicide bombers.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Indeed the Ukraine will be destroyed, as Libya, as they have destroyed Syria and almost Egypt.

The (DAJJAL) of the West, the BIG DAJJAL (ANTICHRIST) will eventually bring about WWIII when the crazy (as is planned) GOP gets back in power, and or along with the Wicked Witch of the West Hillary( neocon/Zionist) Clinton.

Get prepared folks for the worst.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

neocon

That word does not mean what you think it means.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Every time you use the expression "Western media," you throw serious doubt on your ability to access it.

Your the prefect example on what i had stated in the thread. Like you and your buddies have being complaining that Putin is to be blamed for everything if anything why not blame Putin for Libya while your at it?

Here's comment from the article and comment section which i had posted. Read it and i am quite sure you can find the answer on your own.

"You might as well add that this chaos in Lybia is more evidence that US policies in the region, including the pursuit of regime change in Syria, Iraq and Lybia have been a complete and tragic disaster. "

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Your the prefect example on what i had stated in the thread. Like you and your buddies have being complaining that Putin is to be blamed for everything if anything why not blame Putin for Libya while your at it?

Why are you attacking me rather than admitting that the "Western media" find Ebola more interesting than Vladimir Putin? In any event, I believe in putting credit where credit is due. The United States did nothing to help the "Arab Spring" establish democracy in the Arab world. If Libya is a mess, look to the tribal conflicts that Qaddaffi's strong arm tactics kept in line. Are you suggesting that the United States should install a new strongman from outside? Or would you prefer that the United States just let the situation decay into chaos?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It’s all a setup to destabilize certain strategic areas of the world to advantage the US in the WWIII scenario.

That has always been a general rule of US policy and now it’s getting specific

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

You know sometimes I have to remind myself: "Not my monkeys and not my circus."

Unfortunately tptb have a different agenda .

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The easy answer is to become aware of the growing mess that will happen if Syria follows in the regional power vacuums. If there is a problem with Assad then engage him diplomatically and with reason.

The hard answer is what to do with the rest of the middle east instability. It is going to take time requiring a lot of people that care and want to improve the situation. There are a lot of conflicts and a lot needing resolution.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

The only constant that keeps whoever's monkeys and circus theater going is that we show up to work everyday. I wonder when that will stop? Can't wait for it though, the silence will be golden.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The easy answer is to become aware of the growing mess that will happen if Syria follows in the regional power vacuums. If there is a problem with Assad then engage him diplomatically and with reason.

This is exactly what the United States did with Qaddaffi! Once he apologized for the Lockerbee bombing and promised he would never go nuclear, he became "our SOB," as Kissinger would say. People blaming the mess inLibya on the United States don't understand that initially, the US was on Qaddaffi's side. It was only after NATO allies got involved militarily that the US "switched sides." It should never have given even the little support it did to the rebels. Now the usual suspects are trying to pin the whole thing on the US.

The hard answer is what to do with the rest of the middle east instability. It is going to take time requiring a lot of people that care and want to improve the situation. There are a lot of conflicts and a lot needing resolution.

The only people who can do that are the locals. Both the United States and Russia need to stop meddling there. Assad needs to stand or fall on his own, and the people living in the Levant need to deal with IS as they see fit.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I would add that the term "Western media" is such a generic, catch all term as to be meaningless - for example, the UK media seems to carry far more pertinent information that the dreck carried on many US networks, for example, you mention that the FSA has not been mentioned, when in the UK it is quite extensively covered.

We know they are being trained in Turkey and Saudi, we also know they have sent soldiers to fight in Kobane alongside the YPG against IS, but many Americans do not even seem to be aware of the multitude of factions that exist, much less what they are doing. Many seem to equate Syrian rebels with IS (then get confused when the US says they are supplying weapons to rebels) when there are many different factions who are broadly split into 3 camps - the moderates (FSA + YPG), the Islamists (Al Nusra) and the far-right Islamic State.

As for Libya, again it seems much of the detail is not being reported in US media, hence this disconnect. Were you aware that 2,000 Libyan Army soldiers are undergoing training in England? Are you also aware of the former General of the Libyan Army who has rallied former special forces and regular units to fight the Islamists and protect the Government, with mixed results...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join