It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Not the ''Radical Shaykh'' it's Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Interesting video, to say the least (and you know i don't say much). While i don't conform to ANY religious beliefs completely, I do agree with bits and parts of every religion. I dunno, not much I can say, the video speaks volumes for itself.

But keep in mind, these people knew what kind of "hearing" / "speech" / "gathering" they were coming to, i believe. It's just one room full of people, not the world.

Shaykh—is an honorific in the Arabic language that is used strictly for Royalty.
Shaykh, wiki

edit on 29-10-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
How many of them believe you should be killed if you leave Islam ?

Oops

Religion of Peace indeed...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Holy crap! Now THAT is a scary video.

If anyone wants to claim there are 'moderate' Muslims then they need to watch this and educate themselves. These people are nuts and likely dangerous.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If you think the folk from Islam.net are moderates then you are just ignorant and have not bothered to educate yourself, this is not their first controversial conference held in English in Scandinavia. Now why would they hold it in English? They all speak Arabic, no doubt they speak a decent amount of Swedish or Norwegian.

How can you suggest that these represent the average muslim - just because they say so?

In an address (delivered in English) which was posted on the Internet on May 19, 2013, Qureshi expressed support for the execution of homosexuals, and argued that "normal Sunni Muslims" agree that this is an appropriate punishment that should be carried out everywhere for both homosexuality and adultery.

wiki linki

There are a great many Sunnis who disagree with this, you will find many posting here at ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Oops

Religion of peace is possibly the crappest, laziest star-whoring meme of them all.

You do realize that it's Muslims who has suffered most at the hands of Islamic extremists?

Many peacefully shoulder the burden, and become refugees along with their families.

Then some people in the west ask why they are not doing more to fight them, and then deride them with "religion of peace my a$$". They also ignore the peaceful Islamic nations as well as the many Muslims who do indeed fight against extremists... you know most Kurds are Sunni?

It a complete contradiction, lazy stereotyping to damn a billion wildly diverse people while ignoring the facts.

They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
edit on 30-10-2014 by skalla because: addition of star whoring. its true

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Oops

Religion of peace is possibly the crappest, laziest star-whoring meme of them all.

You do realize that it's Muslims who has suffered most at the hands of Islamic extremists?

Many peacefully shoulder the burden, and become refugees along with their families.

Then some people in the west ask why they are not doing more to fight them, and then deride them with "religion of peace my a$$". They also ignore the peaceful Islamic nations as well as the many Muslims who do indeed fight against extremists... you know most Kurds are Sunni?

It a complete contradiction, lazy stereotyping to damn a billion wildly diverse people while ignoring the facts.

They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Is this the part when you tell me how peaceful they really are ?

I'm listening.

Not...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm listening.

Not...

Then it's no surprise how you display such wilful ignorance in this matter.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

I'm listening.

Not...

Then it's no surprise how you display such wilful ignorance in this matter.

And you seem to be denying what is right in front of all of us.

They are cutting off people's heads.

Babies, raping women and slaughtering Men.

I'm just not feeling the love I guess...Sheesh

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
At this point any peaceful muslims or islamist are just being used as cover for the radical ones. They do this unknowingly most likely but the result is the same and most of them are threatened in their way of life by those who seek violence. I get it but do they? Their stance perpetuates the violence they are against.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Greetings skalla, although you've already accused others of being ignorant, not bothering to educate themselves, and displaying willful ignorance I've failed to see you defend your position with anything other than bombastic assertions. Though if you're correct in what you're writing I'm certain you can put together an articulate, well-considered reply which nobody in the entire topic could deride, I'll look forward to that then.

To help myself better understand where you're coming from I'm curious, could you perhaps name the peaceful Islamic nations you've already written about? That would be welcomed. Furthermore everything you've written about Sunni Muslims requires in-depth elaboration, what exactly are you supposing is the Sunni position on controversial subjects such like jihad, killing apostates and the preferred status of Arab Muslims over every other faith and race? I ask because that which the Sunni majority believe happens to be well-documented, moreover if you're going to side with an outlandish minority group suchlike Qur'an only Muslims, or Sunnis who're so apostate in their outlook they can't read their Qur'an for any extended period of time without having their warped interpretation utterly destroyed, then we've got an overwhelming problem, as you're siding with people who're incapable of reading their religious literature without cherry-picking Qur'an 2:256 over Qur'an 9:111!

However in concluding I'd have to admit you're correct, albeit not in the way you think, Muslims are indeed being victimized, they're victims to and slaves of the political cult of Islam, which promotes and perpetuates the idea that women are mentally deficient when compared to men (al-Bukhari, 3:48:826), and approves of the act of killing ex-Muslims so they'll be an example to others who dare to leave the faith. (Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:52:260.) Examples could continue on into forever, so when you write about a billion wildly diverse people remember many are sharing something in common, if they abandon Islam they're as good as dead.

The religion of peace joke isn't something that anti-Islam crusaders began using to insult and degrade Muslims, rather it has been an overused tool of politicians and do-gooders who quite frankly know nothing of Islam nor the Islamic sources, they're defending people yet in so doing they're also defending their beliefs, beliefs that are bringing misery to Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Nevertheless, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini (Muslim enough I'm certain) wrote this with regards to people who're foolhardy enough to mention Islam and peace within the same breath, enjoy my good friend.

"Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those [who say this] are witless. Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured by [the unbelievers]? Islam says: Kill them [the non-Muslims], put them to the sword and scatter [their armies]. Does this mean sitting back until [non Muslims] overcome us? Islam says: Kill in the service of Allah those who may want to kill you! Does this mean that we should surrender to [the enemy]? Islam says: Whatever good there is exists that to the sword and in the shadow of the sword! People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! The sword is the key to paradise, which can be opened only for holy warriors!"

The writer continues....

"There are hundreds of other [Koranic] psalms and hadiths [sayings of the prophet] urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all that mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim."

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Excellent points thus far everyone, yet if moderates are against such violence why on earth do they identify as Muslim to begin with? Are they unaware of how early Muslims actually operated, or are they happy to indulge in some slick mental gymnastics so to say none of what's in the Qur'an applies today? I'm genuinely curious.

It's rather disheartening to see how little people engage with Islam in topics about Islamic radicalism, instead (and I'm not singling anyone out here) most want to play at social commentary and such, only to then scarper when challenged on the substance of the matter. It's become commonplace amidst defenders of Islam everywhere, deny, defuse and ignore. Whilst waiting on skalla's peaceful Islamic nations I'm tempted to post another list in which the beauty of Islam is clearly evident, it's a list of the worst countries to be born female! Where's the outcry from my liberal brothers and sisters in humanity, could it be that the beating of women (Qur'an 4:34), execution of Homosexuals (Abu Dawud 4448), eternal slavery of Africans (Al-Tabari, Vol. 2, p. 11, p. 11), and rape of prepubescent girls (Qur'an 65:4), is worth it as long as self-hating white folk can take part in some countercultural snub of their homeland's most treasured norms and values?
edit on 7-11-2014 by OldSchoolContemporary because: Minor edit

edit on 7-11-2014 by OldSchoolContemporary because: Added text

top topics

join