It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian rocket engines suspected in launch blast

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Interesting.So it was a mix of Ukrainian,Russian and American tech that went into this rocket?a reply to: stumason

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Do the leg work, Agent. They weren't simply "Ukrainian" Rockets. Parts of the first stage were (the fuel tank, some valves, some wiring etc), as well as Russian (the actual engine) and even American (guidance and electronics). The second stage was a variant of the US Castor rocket. We all know you love to rush to the defence of Russia at any opportunity and also like to stick the knife in to the Ukrainians, but lets sort your facts out shall we before you leap all over other posters?

Here is something easy for you to digest

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Exactly - they didn't just buy it off the shelf. A good deal of it is actually American, with just specific parts being bought from the eastern countries.
edit on 30/10/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Lol, maybe they shouldn't have been using those pesky Rusky engines in the first place.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's always somebody else's fault, never the US.

HAS to be the 'dodgy Russian engines' doesn't it, couldn't possibly be anything to do with American mistakes.

(remember Climate Orbiter and the good ol' metric and imperial farce?...that wasn't a US mistake either i s'pose!)

Even though, those same Russian engineers always seem to have to bail out the US and taxi supplies and personnel back and forth to the ISS...it's a wonder the US ever allows its people to set foot in such shakey, flakey, unreliable Russian technology considering how rubbish their Russian engines are...end sarcasm.

You know America, it's actually an admirable trait to recognise and admit to ones mistakes and failings, it's how we grow and develop...or you could just continue to blame everyone else for your problems, and hitch another ride with the charitable Russians and their rubbish rocket engines...

edit on 30-10-2014 by MysterX because: typo

edit on 30-10-2014 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Beagle 2? That was a British/European lander, wasn't it? You could have picked a better example of an American failure, like Columbia or Challenger, to name just two of the more famous ones!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

You're absolutely right mate, like a doughnut i was thinking Climate Orbiter and my fingers typed Beagle.

Cheers for pointing it out.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
ahhh the things we learn, after things go boooom...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

No probs - I thought for a moment I was going mad or that it was found to be the Yanks fault after all

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I understand your rant in the OP. It is richly deserved by all sides, there are those that want to downplay a direct official (governmental) duty to continue space activities per the usual way, and those that are allowed to come in and use private money and off the shelf technology in little jabs into space as if their efforts are something important.

The truth is, if anyone wants to travel the route, is that rocket flights as a way to enter space is so "old sixties" as evidenced by the most recent failure. We have been allowed to wallow in a complete farce of this business of conquering space. The crowning achievement was the often lauded history of the space shuttle. Of course, another name for it, well deserved by its actual history, is a death trap. (You would not get into your car and go to the supermarket if you had two chances out of 130 of dying in the process.)

What is hidden behind "national defense" issues is the simple fact that we have alternative, non-rocket ways of accessing space at ease. The government, science, media, and even you can joke all you want about UFOs not being genuine alien phenomena. And the collective can also totally ignore the reality of the mysterious black triangles. How absurd when those mysterious craft are widely are an "in your face" actual reality. The triangles, under the auspices of the United States Space Force are the reason why there was not a subsequent rocket-powered type of shuttle and why the problematic ISS, a and miscalculated and needy mistake keeps wheeling overhead when the real spacemen are zipping about in their domestically engineered versions of alien UFOs.

It is all plain to see if you allow yourself to look. Reagan's Space Defense Initiative, mockingly referred to as "Star Wars," was and is no joke. The triangles and their brethren are what are keeping the world fairly stable in the higher realms of political and philosophical ideologies.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
No more dismal than NASA. The Soyuz hasn't had any catastrophic failures since the 70's
While NASA been killing astronauts up till the last decade

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

I am quite sure Putin must be at fault here to...
Don't forget to blame Obama too! This is ATS after all!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Dp
edit on 30-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExSmokerYes
Russia launched a rocket literally 8 hours after the one in US exploded and delivered to ISS food and other goodies.

And yet people will point at Russia and blame them for everything engines including.

Blaming Russia is so popular today, next time I get a headache I am screaming ........PPUUUUUTTTTIIIINNNNNNNNN lol

No-one is blaming Russia, they are looking at engines built a quarter century ago that have been refurbished. Stop being so paranoid.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
No more dismal than NASA. The Soyuz hasn't had any catastrophic failures since the 70's
While NASA been killing astronauts up till the last decade

I thought the outsourcing started under Bush.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: Raxoxane
They are designing their own. NASA SLS
When the SLS is complete there will be nothing else like it or even close to it's capabilities on or near this planet. Except maybe Space_X's BFR =)
We do have other rockets as well. They use the Russian ones cause they are cheap. Get what you pay for I say.

Yeah right. There will be nothing like it. A bunch of American designed parts that the contractors will purchase from China and assemble in the US. The reason there will be nothing like it is because of the cost. Nobody else will pay the cost they pay to the contractor. You will be able to buy your own rocket for a fraction of the cost from China on the internet in ten years.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

China is not even allowed to see the blueprints, never mind manufacture parts. "National security," you know.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExSmokerYes
Russia launched a rocket literally 8 hours after the one in US exploded and delivered to ISS food and other goodies.

And yet people will point at Russia and blame them for everything engines including.

Blaming Russia is so popular today, next time I get a headache I am screaming ........PPUUUUUTTTTIIIINNNNNNNNN lol

Primarily because they have a long history of sabotage, and spying.

Oh like the cold war for example.

Russia is hardly a 'saint' as some people like to think.

And yes rocket failures over here works to it's advantage of the popular delusion that Russia is 'so cool'.

Unlike 'evil' Amerika.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Oh ffs

The rocket in question IS older. They used it because it IS reliable.

One blows up and now all Russian rockets are crap?

Meanwhile a lot of Russian space tech although bulky is fairly robust, or was, is, whatever.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
For the record here.

Since the end of the space shuttle program that was ended without a replacement.

The US has been hitching rides with Russia. That mas made billions off of.

We started back up again Russia looses money.

So Russian sabotage is not out of the realm of reason especially considering the Russian mob runs the country.

And made it's ex KGB leader the 'boss'.

<< 1    3 >>

join