It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just another hello :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Heya,

The so-maniest topic like this. I wondered if I should introduce myself in the first place as such introductory posts hardly tell much of the person on the other side of the screen, and as I don't really read them myself. On the other hand, I do see it as a form of courtesy so here you have it ^_^

I've been reading on this site for the last couple of days when I had time and all evening today. Many of the subjects discussed here fascinate me to a more or lesser extent, if not just for the theories as theories. I'm not a native speaker so I might be unclear here, but for example, I like to read about subjects such as cryptozoology just because I find it interesting without actually taking a standpoint on whether a certain creature exists or not, or with other fenomena where I just like to read the pros and cons and leave it in the middle for myself. This goes with many subjects and this forum is VERY broad and actually a bit overwhelming for me right now

I'm hoping for enjoyable and mutually respectful discussions! Nice meeting you all.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

Hello, Pitou, and welcome to ATS!

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send and receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the plethora of information provided below:

Terms and Conditions ...... (Very important, please review.)

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. In the meantime, kick your feet up, have a look around, and enjoy your stay.

BoneZ,
ATS Member and Forum Moderator

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi and welcome Pitou
Hope to see you on the boards/

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Pitou

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. The overwhelming will become your new norm after a while. It is important to remember that a lot of what we discuss here is not considered normal in the real world. It does not mean that it is not true though, only that it is not considered as real yet in the real world. There is so much hidden from us that deciphering the truth is hard. Society itself forms reality where we live, consensus of the time is what they call it.

So remember, even though there is a lot of truth here on ATS, quite a bit of BS too, the truth is not always accepted as reality because the majority of people do not understand that our reality is not often real, it is just a perspective of society.

Enjoy yourself but do not let the truth make you appear crazy to those around you. When you read something here, research both sides of the issue and try to figure out why there are two opposite interpretations present. Sometimes the reason for the deception actually is critical to the society we live in and our way of life. It was created long ago to stop a slippery slide of society to a chaotic mess. Examining all sides of a subject is critical to be able to understand things properly. Even I do not know why all things are as they are, but I know to research things to try to understand why they are.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride...

Des

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. This place isn't so bad once you get used to it.

Seeya around the boards.
edit on 10/29/2014 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Welcome aboard the Mothership ATS!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

This goes with many subjects and this forum is VERY broad and actually a bit overwhelming for me right now

Thats why someone always offers a tinfoil hat. I just say, get in, sit down, shut up and holdonnn!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Nice to meet you!

I am new as well.

Hope you find what you are looking for here or at least have some fun.

I enjoy reading/studying here. Well, not only here all the time but, this is a springboard...
edit on 29-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Hey Pitou! Welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks all

top topics

join