It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandfather defends granddaughter against rapists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The three men were about to rape the granddaughter, but her grandfather manages to get to his gun first and a gunfire is exchanged with the robbers! He shot all three of them, but also is wounded in doing so. I didn't see this story linked anywhere else & since it was from last week I'll just put it here.

Lumberton man exchanges gunfire with home invasion suspects

A Lumberton man traded gunfire with three men who forced their way into his home, robbed the family, tried to rape his granddaughter and stole his car Monday, Robeson County authorities said.

All three of the men had guns. The Byrds were pushed to the back of their home and instructed to open a safe. When the men tried to rape the couple's granddaughter, Byrd grabbed a gun and exchanged shots with the assailants, Sealey said.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
RAPISTS SUCK!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sounds like grandpa needs some range time.
Unless he was only trying to wound them. In that case never mind.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'd say he did pretty good, shot all three (one mortally).

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Now THIS I can applaud. Screw it. Give them your property. Attack a person? Gun the mother down. I see this as a BIG difference. And granddaughter? Can't imagine that yet but I've got 2 daughters around 20. That's protection mode. Their prospective boyfriends don't even want to meet me.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TC Mike

Home invasions are the new car jackings... Hope you people are all armed regardless of your location.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'd say he did pretty good, shot all three (one mortally).

Just a shame any of them survived. Lol

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Good thing he didn't listen to the advice given by the Today Show, otherwise his granddaughter would probably be in poor shape right now.

for taking the initiative to actually defend your family rather than submitting like "they" want us to.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

One of the rapists found dead in the stolen Caddy! Nice shootin! Other two showed up at hospital. I think if you're shot trying to rape and rob people, the hospital should be off limits to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You won't find this in the MSM because the perps are not all black. One is white. If they had all been black, we would have heard about it one to two days later (a slight delay to fine tune the racist angle and package the story for consumption), if Byrd is white, that is. If he is black, forget it. I can't find his race mentioned anywhere.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

You won't find this in the MSM because the perps are not all black. One is white. If they had all been black, we would have heard about it one to two days later (a slight delay to fine tune the racist angle and package the story for consumption), if Byrd is white, that is. If he is black, forget it. I can't find his race mentioned anywhere.

"crazed old man murders all-star athletes after he finds them tutoring his granddaughter in mathematics, inquiry to follow."

Something like that?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Exactly. I am going to go one further and say that the granddaughter is connected to one of them somehow. How did they know there was a safe? Did she tell someone?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Or maybe it's difficult to hit three moving targets while simultaneously attempting to dodge bullets.

Go gramps! I hope you have a full, painless, and quick recovery.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If people wanna get into your house they will find a way. When I get my own house (currently living in a condo, so steel door with three locks) I am definitely keeping a weapon by my bed, and a gun safely put away in a strategic spot.
it sometimes sends a chill down my spine that there are people out there who do this... was the raping needed? What drives people to such violent acts? I could never even begin to imagine or fantasize about doing something like this.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
grandpa protects them and lets just say is the it better to die or to suffer a very long time in jail question, and personally i'd rather they get seen and sorted out properly as a deterent as justice should be seen to be done and in the olden days thay would of required a lot more public humiliation than today

but if the use is legal then who cares, even in the UK using a firearm for protection is still legal, like everything its down to context but if a guy with a knife pointed it at you and you had access to a firearm you'd walk as free this side of the pond as you would on that side

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Really?

Considering the facts that he was inside a room with 3 armed men and he managed to hit all three and avoid getting killed himself is pretty damn good.

Nine out of ten people couldn't hit a damn thing if they had three people shooting at them. The guy had nerves of steel if you ask me.

And "range time" don't prepare you for getting shot at, I know from experience.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
World's best grandpa.

new topics

top topics

join