It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis endorses "the beings of the universe"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
They needed to account for the likes of me. A walking talking Dodo bird.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
How the ultra-conservative catholic groupings see the things...

www.mgr.org...

The Second Coming of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Setting the Record Straight
www.mgr.org...

UFO's and EXTRA TERRESTRIALS...
We address this issue head on..... Again!
www.mgr.org...

Nothing personal to this author or to other similar ones. Others are: Traditioncatholic, TLDM... If you go deeper into reading, you will find they not only reject the Vatican II council, but also the subsequent popes and their authorities on purely religious and cult matters (as of the exact position of catholic altars). Sure they are entitled to their views and my purpose is not to discuss with them rather to point to their position.

The wider public have to know, those do not represent the Catholic church, neither her hierarchy nor her majority of 1 bln people. I would say, those are sects, still formally calling themselves catholics, and not expelled as it would be the case 100 years ago (so called Lefebre's catholics).

I want to believe the larger church will find strength to overpass that level of fanatic christianity and will embrace the larger truth. And will adopt (if still doesn't) a better, non-medieval, interpretation of the Sacred Scriptures. Because the Scripture abounds of extra-terrestrials and their constant intervention in the course of history of God's chosen people.

It would be strange if it would be the vice versus: a group of evil aliens (nephilim or others) to be allowed to shape the history of salvation! Let examine where do we stand, and let see God as creator not only of earth but of the entire universe. Of course, doing that we have to throw into the historic recycle bin theories of pre-Galileo time. It is absurd some people still hold them, pretending Geology doesn't give enough proof with million year old bones, that the world was not created in 6 days. Its a pity there are still people walking among the rest of catholics, who are ready to throw medieval anathema at everything they do not understand or accept. Such fanatic approach did not only burn up Giordano Bruno. It actually killed Jesus Christ "in the name of God of Moses" by the pharisees of old.

It is a time to ask again: what was cut off from the Gospels, especially in the part of the angels' appearance? Why did Jesus talk to Nathaniel in John 1:51: "Very truly I tell you, you will see 'heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on' the Son of Man." Where are those angels recorded in the Gospel, except for the angels in the desert (witnessed by Jesus alone!), the angels at the tomb and on Ascension day. They both were reported as "men in white" without any mentioning of any wings. Of course the angel in Gethsemane garden. Are those brief instances representing the promise of Jesus above? Do they represent the full truth of Jesus walking the planet earth? Why didn't the Gospel writers mention other episodes of angelic presence around the Son of God? I wouldn't even enter in the absurdity of the story of Nativity and the following flee to Egypt. If I enter I would have to talk of UFO=Bethlehem star and transporting the family to and from Egypt. Just imagine in that era and that donkey...
Or perhaps the Gospel writers did write more...until all was successfully erased in the centuries 1-3.
edit on 30-10-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Who is the "they" that reject the pope's pov? Since when did he have the authority to be the mouth piece for all Catholics? Wait....

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog

Who is the "they" that reject the pope's pov? Since when did he have the authority to be the mouth piece for all Catholics? Wait....

I mention them quite clearly and quote. If I have to add more, those are the followers of the so called "Maria Divine Mersy" of Ireland, self-appointed prophetess of end times with website "thewarningsecondcoming", and a number of other banned apparitions and their followers. It is a pity those followers are usually among the staunchest catholics seen in church. Usually you would not suspect them of believing such paradoxes until you enter deeper into their beief system. That frankly is quite far from anything written by any pope in the last 50 years.

Groupings who expect the second coming of Jesus overnight and look for who is the antichrist. For them the "deception of the end times" fits perfectly into the ETs. Perhaps the next step for them is to call pope Francis-antichrist or his aide. I am sorry for those poor souls but their erroneous teaching has nothing in common with that of the Catholic church. Even before the Alien topic.

I don't speak for the catholic church. I'd expect someone as hi as cardinal to speak about those sects within the church, and how far they are from what the Catholic church teaches. Because those groupings take real influence on real people, who as I said are among the most devote and who present so to speak the informal image of the church. You just can't have medieval mentality, anathemas, and constant quoting of 17th century rules right after the mass and homily in post-Vatican catholic world. If you have THAT you have a sect right into the heart of the Catholic church. It is nothing new what I write for everyone who watches the Catholic church closely in the last decades.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
What's the big hoopla about here?

Logic dictates that there are angelic beings mentioned in the Bible, so the Pope has always acknowledged other beings of the "universe", where "universe" is just another name for "creation".

He said nothing new or different so it must be aliens, really?

This piece smacks of desperation for bias confirmation to the extreme.

But, but....but...'angelic beings' ARE ET's...by definition!

Unless you think all angelic beings are born and bred in Croydon and then get to flit about the Universe after they graduate or something, then of course a so-called angel, is not from Earth...so is absolutely an alien being.

Same as god, gods whoever they are and whoever follows them, are aliens too.

edit on 30-10-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

That's one devious Pope, trying to transmute christianity into a new age religion.

Cunning....

they know what they're doing..

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
God created man in his image. We are evolving...into his image, fully and completely. To me, this could mean god created us to evolve into Gods. Us becoming like god would not supplant god as the Lord, creator and ruler of all. Does not say he created man sorta like his image. Pope is simply supporting the truths of reality.

You stated my position very well.

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."

That word transformed is metamorphoo, the same word used for the transfiguration of Jesus, which showed him as a divine being. This took place on Mt. Hermon, the mountain of the gods, where the sons of god came down according to all of the ancient legends.

"just as Christ IS, SO ARE YOU in the world"
"all creation waits for the unveiling of the sonS of God"

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
the bibles take on things
(the supposed original source)
is about "separation"
(sheep & goats, burning all the trees that don't make good fruit & so on..)

what these earth-shills are trying to sell is "integration"

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

being catholic or not, practically your views coincide with those of the hardline catholics who are step away to declare publicly Francis as antichrist (now they only whisper it).. What if you guys are wrong? Actually it wouldn't matter. Because if you consider all realities on the ground, including the possibility of a surprising nuclear strike (as just Mr Putin showed he is still capable to deliver on the entire Europe), you would have no opportunity to answer that I was right. The opportunity is now to recognize the way given by God. Not by the pope. Who is by the way very brave, because he knows he would be called antichrist by hardliners, catholics, protestants, others.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Break the scripture even more. Do everything the opposite of all the end times requirements. Yeah, those requirements? They exist. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away.

Then, simply publish lists of bullet points on how it is not fulfilled, and thus, making it even more demonstrably false. Maybe even remind the population on what fiction vs non fiction is.

10 years later, people might start getting the idea, ‘gee, it was a spiritual debt slavery‘ scam.

Wink.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

10 years later? If there are 10 years more on earth, all the nonsense of antichrist here and now falls apart. BTW some catholic self-appointed prophets repeatedly scheduled it for Y2000, 2012, and now A/C should have started the second half of Trib on 1/1/2013. I hope the pope will reign into those sectarian cults soon, that are much worse than doomsday protestantsects. 10 years later we will live in a much better environment, spiritual as well as natural. For whoever it is.

After 10 years the extra-terrestrial reality will be visible to everyone. Not only the ET will freely come an bring tech, green environment and spiritual quest for God (that we humans can answer with what we know from the Bible and thus fulfill the words of Jesus: Go to the Entire Universe Baptize and spread the Good News). But also the humans themselves will be able to go abroad and to reach the promise given to Abraham for his descendants to be as many as the stars in heaven. (heaven=sky=cosmos everywhere in the Bible for all who want to read it). I am optimist. Although the earth may pass thru some tremendous trial before that. Not because of the ET but because of the earthlings who even now have pointed out towards each other innumerable nuclear and other weapons. It is we who sinned in the Garden, and who sin times and again in history. Was Hitler extra-terrestrial?

The story with the antichrist would have some basis only if you have all those races baptized. Because the ends of the world don't really end at the shores of China. Or do they? And where are the 12 tribes of Israel, when we speak of 2-3 tribes at best in the modern history? Good luck with the witch hunt of antichrists. The pope is too old for that. I prefer the reality, it is extra-terrestrial reality written down in the Bible. Or shall we re-write the Bible as they did with the Gospels in 3rd century? That shameful act in Christian history should be annulled and start over again.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I am aware of that. I am thinking about religious extremists that might have an issue with extra terrestrial beings.

Many of said extremists believe the bible is non fiction. For those that indoctrinate others that it is all true, what better way than to simply dissolve the lies by well planned action?

10 years is 3 years post end of the tribulation. As soon as extra terrestrials arrive, the clock ending this type of spiritual debt slavery begins ticking.

As for your texts after your photo, afraid not. History did not, and will not, pan out that way.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

good to know we speak the same general ideas although with different wording. Good to know more people with even more different reasons than mine and yours, who would bring color to that grand issue. The world needs them. I may say, Jesus needs them right now to speak out. Not after the holocaust.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Generally, yeah. We are. Except I know all of man's religions are fictional.

When I said break the scripture, I meant everything in the New Testament too. Sorry, i should have been more clear. Christianity itself, regardless of flavor, is spiritual debt slavery.

Consider it a clean slate. A Chapter 13 filed on that reality and timeline.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

By their fruits you will know them

I've often wondered the same thing :-)

Let's say he even made you feel all warm and tingly inside and performed miracles... what then?

Sometimes, it seems to me that Christianity can be such a Catch-22

It's as if followers have been set up to fail - so long as Satan is part of the deal

Trust no one...

edit on 10/30/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, "You are mad; you are not like us. St. Anthony the Great

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

By their fruits you will know them

I've often wondered the same thing :-)

Let's say he even made you feel all warm and tingly inside and performed miracles... what then?

Sometimes, it seems to me that Christianity can be such a Catch-22

It's as if followers have been set up to fail - so long as Satan is part of the deal

Trust no one...

No kidding! Jesus was all like "Watch for my return but if somebody says they're me, they're lying."

What are Christians supposed to do when their savior returns? Give him some sort of divine Turing test?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"The beings of the universe". Sounds to me like he's doing a CYA and making sure that everyone and everything is covered with the 'made by God' label. He may or may not know for sure that there is ET, but he's just got them covered along with the pre-human primates that we evolved from. He's doing this to save there being issues later. That's what I'd guess, anyways.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Who told him?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Who told him?

His boss is Satan, pretending to be an alien and the pope is complicate in the scheme. I believe they are pretending to be many different races of aliens and have appeared in a great number of guises to a great number of people to perpetuate this "many different kinds of aliens" deception.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join