It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis endorses "the beings of the universe"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

you enter in treacherous waters and I'd like to see more theologians talking about that. If they hope to hide behind the words of pope Francis, as they used to hide behind Benedict and John Paul II, to let go the papal words until the next holiday when they will deliver their next homilies for the particular feast saying nothing, then the roman catholic church wouldn't really benefit from that great event. November 1st, the reading for all saints include all those images of Revelation once more. Why not to elaborate on that point, and say:besides all angels who are already saints, we have to acknowledge all other brothers and sisters who might be on the road to sainthood and who do not live on planet earth (as the angels don't live here too). Or to elaborate what an angel is. Enough wording in the Holy scripture if someone wants to enter the topic. Nobody ever touches Ezekiel chapter 1.
I don't know the answer of your concern, and would not dare to start that discussion. But surely there are people reading right now, who know the answer and who are eager to answer you and all who want to hear it. Well, what stops them to do it?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Iv'e always thought the Vatican held and knew secrets about other worldly entities and infact were in contact with said entities.

here is one reason why....

www.vaticanobservatory.org...

These revelations by the Papacy are preparing us for something....and it will change the way we view "reality" forever.

That would be truly exciting.
The premise also would make a great book.

(Rushes off to outline next novel).

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Getting warmer. Still, a very very long way to go.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No matter what the Pope says,

I will be one mighty confused person when the beings from other worlds arrive, especially if they say that they are Jesus.

Trust no one.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
No matter what the Pope says,

I will be one mighty confused person when the beings from other worlds arrive, especially if they say that they are Jesus.

Trust no one.

Then how will you know to trust your Jesus? What if all the signs were fulfilled and an "alien" came down to claim such a title? Let's say he even made you feel all warm and tingly inside and performed miracles... what then?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Last time I checked, Jesus used a volcano to make the Romans believe him.

No wonder the Romans Catholics are scared of the lake of fire...Its volcanoes they should be worried about.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Yep. It pretty much trumps what any pope has previously said. And this guy was thinking about quitting?

Long live pope francis. He will go down as a saint... Just needs a few miracles... :facepalm: if he does and says more like this he will go down as a saint in my book anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You guys are NUTS! When i read the OP i saw nothing about aliens, and lots about this planet. If you cant understand the BASICS of philosophy dont try debatig high level theology and play the roles of prohets and scholars of religon, without at least providing quotes to back up your claims.
edit on 29-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

No wonder the Romans Catholics are scared of the lake of fire...Its volcanoes they should be worried about.

? First time I heard that story. Linkage?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What's the big hoopla about here?

Logic dictates that there are angelic beings mentioned in the Bible, so the Pope has always acknowledged other beings of the "universe", where "universe" is just another name for "creation".

He said nothing new or different so it must be aliens, really?

This piece smacks of desperation for bias confirmation to the extreme.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The book of Enoch tells us all about who "they" are, and they are most certainly not aliens, in the traditional sense, but fallen angels. The so called "church" knows this. Ask yourself why the pope is referring to them as aliens, and you may get an idea of who exactly he serves.
edit on 29-10-2014 by GnosticWay because: spelling

edit on 29-10-2014 by GnosticWay because: no

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Francis, whose namesake was a friend to all animals and lifeforms, may just be referring to all the life on earth. The birds, insects, mammals, reptiles, all our neighbors.

I don't know the answer to these questions, having just thought of them while typing this post: Was Francis of Assisi either a vegan or vegetarian, and is Pope Francis either a vegan or vegetarian? I dunno. If the Pope isn't (jeez, even Bill Clinton stopped eating animals) I wonder why not, given proclamations like the one discussed in this thread.

sometimes i try to wrestle with the mind when some people say that 'there is no sign of evolution on animals' or 'animals are less smarter than us' etc.
and the only answer i could have: maybe we humans never allow those animals to evolve peacefully? we 'raise' them as our foods. we destroyed their homes regularly, etc.

peace
edit on 29-10-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

in bible? or at pompeii?
lol

peace

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: GnosticWay
The book of Enoch tells us all about who "they" are, and they are most certainly not aliens, in the traditional sense, but fallen angels. The so called "church" knows this. Ask yourself why the pope is referring to them as aliens, and you may get an idea of who exactly he serves.

the book of Enoch speaks of only ONE RACE out of billions. The Bible doesn't speak much of the first 6 days of creation. Neither of pre-flood time. "If the Bible doesn't say it, it doesn't exist"?

I support a larger view, with the book of Enoch included, and with many more facts never spoken of in the "official Bible". (and why this is the official Bible is a long long talk).

Why don't you guys who damn the poor aliens as "demons", instead read and speak more of Ezekiel chapter 1? Why don't you try to classify as extra - terrestrial beings all the angels throughout the Bible? Because many of you guys don't want to accept that truth. Therefore you go times and again to that one single race that sinned at the beginning of our own records (that are doubtful to be the fullest records ever).

And you never go to the many other races of beings, many of them human-looking, some of them non-human looking, all called together angels. All of those DIFFERENT and higher RACES were good and served God, AND JESUS. How many wings the seraphs have? Is that human look? How many eyes the cherubs have? Instead, Raphael looks so much human in the book of Tobit that he is indistinguishable from the people around him.

But you guys will say: the heavenly host is different from the "aliens" that are Grey, Tall Whites, or Reptilians. You guess what? Why then you bring in the Nephilim, if some of you will concede the above mentioned are different from the heavenly host, and ALSO different from the Nephilim? Why don't discern race by race based on their deeds, and not on presumed judgment that you don't even understand yourself?

Or fear that you may say a wrong word and go to hell forever? Here the pope says you won't do anything wrong if you accept the Universe is filled with life created by God. And that is the biggest most important point of the pope's speech. Because frankly, most of us ALREADY KNOW what the pope said.

If we have a multi-trillion star Universe, we will have as many races, and naturally different agendas. For now nobody of them eats humans, not even the reported reptilian humanoids. I will be slow to demonize anyone, because in the process I may demonize the one sent by God who want to help me, to help the world.

The internet is thanks to the ET, as well as many other things we take for granted. I don't know who of them, I suppose it has to do with the Grey and the Tall Whites.

And, please don't say, now is the end time deception! There are many preachers who say that. They skip the fact Jesus never set a date! You may be off-schedule by several thousand years. And in the process of denial to lose God's kingdom that Jesus tirelessly speaks about. (even only in those books who found their place as canonical). There is no real God's kingdom on earth and that is obvious for 2 thousand bloody years. (don't have to mess it up with the churches whose role is spiritual). Perhaps it is a time to start fulfilling 1% of Jesus' own words? Perhaps with the help of those who witnessed from the skies the entire life of Jesus Christ on earth? Perhaps they are better "Christians" than we ourselves claim to be? I don't know. But I will not reject an alien only because he doesn't look like me, or only because I am convinced apriori against any reason and fact, this alien here is similar to another alien from completely different race sinned some 6000 years ago on earth. That is an absurd. Please check exactly the records in the Bible and the times it speaks of. Hitler would envy such kind of racial hunt. After being suicidal on earth, "in the name of God", let humanity not find itself as the galactic Nazi race. Jesus doesn't need such kind of service, does He?
edit on 30-10-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I saw it on a documentary about Pompeii and how judeo-christainity was reaching Rome before the incident of a volcano coming out of the ground, or supposedly two. The eruption happened in 79 a.d.

10 or 11 years prior to this happening, the previous Caesar before then, Nero was known to be the executioner, or persecutor of judeo-christains, or anyone that believed in Jesus, and was the one who ordered the force that destroyed the first temple.

It was believed that sometime before Pompeii happened, and the volcanic ash preserving the site, that Jesus was coming to Rome(figuratively). Where pagan idols that were placed like horse shoes over doors, were replaced by crosses.

And due to popular belief, people supposedly got scared of Gods wrath. In a nut shell anyways.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
God created man in his image. We are evolving...into his image, fully and completely. To me, this could mean god created us to evolve into Gods. Us becoming like god would not supplant god as the Lord, creator and ruler of all. Does not say he created man sorta like his image. Pope is simply supporting the truths of reality.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It is strange leading Catholic msm write only about that part of pope's address regarding the Big Bang and Evolution, but "omit" somehow the words about live beings in the universe... Are they ordered to do so? Their intelligence level is above the average, so I have to assume they were strictly ordered what to report and not to. In that way, the really big news, the endorsement of the alien life by the pope, came 2-3 days later re-posted by third sources. The MSM wave of frontpage news will not come back to say it again, after it reported about the Big Bang.

I wonder, will those same people with same mentality will report in the same way when ships will hover above the cities? Will we have to seek 3rd side sources, or perhaps to listen directly what the ET will communicate to us? I don't know the real case scenario.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay ... you did it. This is new. Usually I have this stuff at the tips of my fingers in books I studied while a Third Order Carmelite (and previously Franciscan) but not this time. I have to go find and read up on 'the beings of the universe'. I'll be checking with my Carmelite sources and get back to you.
Awesome ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

So you were a nun?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

In the line of thought of "aliens don't use money". One of my favorite classic games, and my first PC game was " Deadlock". Every race in the game used the same resource system of credits, energy, food, and various metals as well as population morale which affected labor.

Obviously this system was designed from an Earthling perspective but that's not my real point. Every race had it's own speciaties. I could elaborate on each race but that would take forever.

If your curious the other races, this amusing song about being a human colonist references the specialties of the non human races.

m.youtube.com...

My point is that the humans (definitely us, from Earth) fled our home world in search of wealth after a stock market crash. We had the shortest list of specialties. One was the most effective taxation system which gave us an advantage in credit (money) production. This was countered by our population becoming outraged by scandals of buying things from the black market. We also could berserk our infantry increasing damage and speed but removing any control of the unit and killing them after the battle.

Sorry if this was off topic or rambling but there is a point.

In a game with 7 races vying for planetary dominance we gave ourselves (remember this is a fantasy game made by humans) the power of amazing monetary abilities (provided morale was managed and scandals avoided) and the ability to berserk our soldiers at the cost of their lives even in victory.

So I guess in 1995 the creators of the game saw only two things that were unique to humanity. Fundamentalism and financial/commercial ability.
Both these special abilities came at high cost to our society (more in theory than in the reality of the game).

Thanks for bothering to read if you did :p. Hopefully it wasn't too out of place in this thread.

edit on 30-10-2014 by tavi45 because: added a song

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

What if all the signs were fulfilled and an "alien" came down to claim such a title?

This is exactly my point.
I guess I should congratulate you for understanding that?
Not sure what you mean by 'my' Jesus though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join