It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu Rejects Personal Attack as Rift With U.S. Widens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Things are getting worse and worse between the Obama Whitehouse and Israel, and relations between the two is as bad as it's ever been according to some sources in the article. This latest round of disagreement has to do with the Israeli plan to accelerate settlement building of 1,000 Israeli homes in Jewish areas of east Jerusalem, the sector of the holy city the Palestinians claim for a future capital.

Israeli Finance Minister Yair Lapid said Oct. 25 that ties between his country and the U.S. are in a “crisis” after Israeli media reported that Ya’alon was denied access to senior American officials, including Vice President Joe Biden and Secretary of State John Kerry, who the defense minister derided as having a “messianic” commitment to peacemaking. The decision was meant to signal displeasure with Ya’alon’s criticism of U.S. efforts to reach an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement and Obama’s policy on Iran, Ynet news website reported.

Frictions between the two administrations deepened this week over Israeli plans to speed up construction of about 1,000 Israeli homes in Jewish areas of east Jerusalem, the sector of the holy city the Palestinians claim for a future capital. The U.S. State Department called the plan “incompatible with the pursuit of peace.”

Israel captured east Jerusalem, along with the West Bank, from Jordan in 1967 and annexed it that year in a move that isn’t internationally recognized. It has since ringed the Arab neighborhoods of the eastern sector with Jewish areas where about 300,000 Israelis live. An additional 250,000 or so Jews live in west Jerusalem.

What says ATS?

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I say good for the Obama admin for not bowing down to Israel like everyone else does.

Israel should not build those new homes and they should pull back to the lands they were given in the original UN resolution.
edit on 10/29/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Awesome, cut all ties with Israel.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: lostbook
Awesome, cut all ties with Israel.

It would be the solution.
But if that day ever comes, you better watch your back because I doubt the Zionists would just let that happen with no consequences (Samson Option)...

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If this is the same land as in another thread Israel actually has signed a treaty with Jordon NOT to build there.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

It would be the solution.
But if that day ever comes, you better watch your back because I doubt the Zionists would just let that happen with no consequences (Samson Option)...

Just my opinion.

They would more than likely call there debts in and reduce the USA to the 3rd world. Remember who sits at the top of the banking food chain.
edit on 29-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I say good for the Obama admin for not bowing down to Israel like everyone else does.

Israel should not build those new homes and they should pull back to the lands they were given in the original UN resolution.

I agree with that.

Although, if this 'rift' does widen to the point of being a gaping gulf, the US would do better to leave Iran alone and go after sanctioning Israel with it's hundreds of actual nuclear missiles rather than imaginary ones that they fear Iran yet to develop.

Look on the bright side, if Israel gets spanked, at least it'll save the US taxpayer several billion $ a month in so-called aid.

It's about time the US saw Israel for the nasty, petulant child that it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So we should just cut all ties with any nation that does something that we don't approve of?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
So we should just cut all ties with any nation that does something that we don't approve of?

If they are more trouble than they are worth then why not?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Wouldn't be the first....dozen times. Why should Israel be any different?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If they are more trouble than they are worth then why not?

Isn't that a form of American Imperialism?

Do what we say and we'll give you money, don't do what we say and we won't support you any longer.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Why do we support countries with just as bad human rights violations?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That doesn't answer my question.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

To answer your question, we first have to see if the US is consistant with their support of other countries.

Is the US consistant with other countries?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It's obfuscation Beez. You asked a question. I answered it. My question is, "Why should Israel be any different than another ally that the US turned it's back on in the past"?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Isn't that a form of American Imperialism?

Do what we say and we'll give you money, don't do what we say and we won't support you any longer.

Well if a country is hostile, breaking human rights or generally making a pain of itself then why should you give it freebies and military knowledge/help?

If so then why not give aid to North Korea then? Plus im sure they would love you to sell some F-35's to them

edit on 29-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Id ask you politicians that! I mean why do you support Saudi Arabia?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

OK. I'll answer your question with a question. Is there some reason they shouldn't be 'different'?

We should treat, oh, say Canada the same as Iran??

Of course, there's differences in statuses between various nations.

Go for it Israel, build away. Better a hard working, make the desert bloom collection than the alternative.

The only two peoples that get my respect in that area is the Israelis and the Kurds.....

edit on 29-10-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
We should treat, oh, say Canada the same as Iran??

Actually you did. When our gov't wouldn't support the Iraq initiative our beef and lumber products(only ones I recall right now) were not allowed to be sold in the States even though there is a treaty in effect. Those are sanctions.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So in the long history between the U.S. and Canada, with all the different agendas and complexities of that relationship, you come up with two points...TWO and associate that with sanctions??

First, both are invalid.

The beef issue was mad cow based.

The lumber issue was stumpage fee based.

The U.S. was right on the beef issue and Canada was right on the stumpage fee issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join