It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hagel orders 21-day quarantine for all military personnel returning from Ebola mission in West Afric

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I guess that when it comes to the military they just had the rules set already from the beginning regardless of ebola, but for all infectious diseases that they could have been exposed too.

Just remember if the soldiers are left to go home and let forgive that one just one happen to be infected and infect his whole family, can you imagine the media circus that it will create.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Looks like Italy is having a fit over the quarantine being in their country.
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AwrBJR8DGFFUAwwADdrQtDMD

I think the administrations plan was:
send them into quarantine
because they were forced, involuntarily to go into Ebola Hot Zones
if they get infected you can only blame Obama

In Italy if they got sick, it could be hushed up and reclassified as malaria.
I KNOW this sort of thing is done, I typed up condolence letters to families in the 1970's for the US Army that covered up the true cause of death.
This way officially not one soldier will have contracted or died from Ebola officially.

Now the government is faced with two choices:
find another country willing to accept the quarantined soldiers so it can still be covered up
or
bring them back to the US where a coverup is much much much more difficult since there are a lot of civilians that work in military hospitals in the US, who aren't as easily intimidated or forced into silence.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

i was just going to post something on this in a reply to another member.

it's a password type deal for the Wall Street Journal, and both are from there. but you can facebook to log in, i used the old lady's.

WASHINGTON—The first American soldiers to leave Liberia since the onset of the Ebola crisis, including the commanding general of the U.S. Army Africa, are in a controlled monitoring facility in Italy, and all Army soldiers who serve in West Africa will undergo similar monitoring, the Army said on Monday.

Army officials didn’t describe the monitoring measures in Italy as a “quarantine.” The soldiers will have access to dining facilities, recreational activities, television and Internet, said Col. Conway, the Army spokeswoman.
U.S. Soldiers Being Monitored for Ebola In Italyy

so i guess it's just semantics, still the new order covers all troops not just the army.

ETA: the date for the article is Oct. 27, 2014, still allow them to interact with one another, which doesn't make much sense to me either. i mean if one comes down with itg and passed it on, they just have a outbreak in itlay.

edit on 29-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I just had a question, thought and wondered what you guys think about it.

Passing AIDS to an unsuspecting person through sexual contact, by not telling them the person is infected is a crime, punishable by prison time.

Would not someone catching Ebola from a public place due to governmental refusal to quarantine, also be a crime. Could the victim sue the government for not quarantining a person while knowing they have been exposed and could be potentially infected? Could the family sue the state for negligent murder or a politician who refuses to quarantine a person who is known to have been exposed to Ebola if the victim dies?

Could a victim sue a MD or RN who returned from an Ebola area and failed to self-quarantine for all medical expenses plus pain and suffering? Could a victim's family if death occurred sue the MD or RN for negligent homicide? I think the answer to this is yes. Not so sure about the state/government.

By quarantining the soldiers altogether and one comes down with it and then weeks later others who shared living space with the original came down with it seek prosecution of the individual in charge for inadequate quarantine procedures through the UCMJ? If a soldier in this situation dies, could the family then seek prosecution of the individual in charge for inadequate quarantine procedures, or sue the US government for wrongful death?

Anyway, wanted your opinions, thoughts.
edit on 6Wed, 29 Oct 2014 18:58:56 -0500pm102910pmk293 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Those are littler facts that the media do not seems to be concentrating at while covering the so call mistreatment and "suffering the complaining nurse in main.

She wants to sue, I say let the people sue her back.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Those are littler facts that the media do not seems to be concentrating at while covering the so call mistreatment and "suffering the complaining nurse in main.

They will if she infected someone. She would deserve it and deserve to go to jail for it after she recovers (if she has it) just as AIDS patients who refuse caution are sent to jail for infecting others.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Bigger question is:

Can anyone who becomes infected from the Dr who walked through NYC sue the federal government for negligence and putting the public at risk?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It should be charged if he infected anyone, you know is becoming common to call the people coming back from infected ebola countries "low risk", until they show signs of infection.

I guess they don't want to create a mass hysteria.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So you feel bad for the soldiers being quarantined because they didn't choose to go fight Ebola? They chose to be in the army. Last I checked that means doing whatever you're ordered to do. So they did choose to go because they chose to be soldiers.

The doctors and nurses chose to go on the assumption that they would not be treated like criminals upon their return. So far no returning health worker has infected anyone else because just going there doesn't guarantee infection. If I take care of my mom when she has the flu, I don't have the flu until I have it.

Regardless they should have protocols in place for returning health workers that the health workers are informed of ahead of time. The guy in NYC reported when he was sick, as he was told to do. The Hickox woman was ambushed randomly with inefficient, unprofessional, chaotic protocols created reactively by governors posting political theater.

Just keep watching the show. Try to ignore the curtains and stage crew. That's the whole point. You're doing exactly what they want, as they expected.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

See, I don't think this is a bad policy - I think that it could be followed by the health care workers, too. That allows them to come home but safely. I agree they shouldn't be treated like criminals, I think a quarantine is better than emotional people and media hype blowing the danger out of proportion.
edit on 30amThu, 30 Oct 2014 11:22:42 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

as far as the army i didn't have a problem with the 21 days.
what my problem is, the army or any service member that goes over there, we are told have no or very little contact with infected people. yet they go in a 21 day quarantine when they leave.

now HCW's that have direct contact with infected people according to the CDC and obama shouldn't so long as they self monitor.

that makes no sense.

being a former service member, i know that the military have there own set of standards that exceed civilians standards, but in a case such as this the civilians should match or exceeded theirs.

one of the things a lot of people fail to realize is that if a event that threatens the world population were to occur, one of the longest lasting groups would the military. that's due to the discipline, protocols, procedures, and stores that they practice. civillians should take notes.
sure your gonna have those members that bail, and those will fair no better than civilians that don't have the discipline or some form of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join