It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense vibration at base of skull, Kundalini rising?? Astral travel??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hello my friends, I had a question to ask anyone who has had experience with kundalini yogas and meditation, or possibly someone who knows a little about astral travel.

I have had plenty of experience with personal meditations for the past few years and lately have been doing more nidra meditations and a yoga called the tibetan 5 rights.

The past couple of nights I have been doing these near the time I have been attempting sleep for the night. It seems the past couple nights I have When I get into fairly relaxed position felt quite out of nowhere an intense buzz or electrifying sensation right at the base of my skull there the spine meets it.

I remember something of a feeling like this when I was a child, going to sleep id have the feeling and slip into the most vivid of dreams, where I could make the vibration/energy happen on demand whilst in the dream and sort of change it or morph it into a completely different dream. At the time it just diddnt scare me out of falling asleep.

In fact it has been a quite scary experience since I wake up when I feel it, and am immediately sweating and feeling like a presence is in the room. And have hardly been able to sleep once this happens...and I am not one who believes in presences at all by any means, but it just "feels" that way and its on the creepy side of the coin lol.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar ecperiense at all?
edit on 29-10-2014 by pryed -eyed-one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pryed -eyed-one

Had it happen a few times, usually accompanied by a low auditory buzzing sound. Sometimes it sounds like a chainsaw in the distance. If you let it go, it will envelop your entire body, just maintain your sense of well-being and control your thoughts. Then have a purpose, don't get distracted and answers will start coming in the form of images as a general rule but not always limited to that.
edit on 29-10-2014 by QuietSpeech because: added content

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My suggestion would be to get a CT or MRI done on your noggin to make sure there isn't something wrong. My sister had symptoms similar to yours and it eventually got worse over time.

Turns out she had Arnold-Chiari Malformation. A rare neurological thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have over the past week begun to experience a similar sensation and was thinking about asking about it on here.

I have been meditating in the morning as I find it easier than in the evening. The sensation could only be likened to taking drugs, a very intense vibration in my head, It was a bit scary at first but I'm getting used to it now.

I was wondering if it had anything to do with solar flares but not sure why.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The sensation could only be likened to taking drugs, a very intense vibration in my head, It was a bit scary at first but I'm getting used to it now.

Or maybe your body is producing specific chemicals at that time? Either way, your description and reaction is dead on.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
My suggestion would be to get a CT or MRI done on your noggin to make sure there isn't something wrong. My sister had symptoms similar to yours and it eventually got worse over time.

Sound advice in my opinion. (and I didn't even play a Dr on TV or stay at a Holiday Inn)

It could even be an aneurysm.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Sorry to hear about your sister, that is a tough one to deal with.

On the lighter side it could be something else.

youtu.be...
edit on 29-10-2014 by QuietSpeech because: vid problems

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I believe it's possible my body is producing certain chemicals that make the sensation, it has only happened after the meditations and yoga so I'm guessing that is what's causing it. It feels like quite a shock almost like a taser to the base of my skull, but not in an unpleasant way, it's just out of nowhere.

I may add I have been drinking alcohol until a few days ago quite heavily wich isn't a normal thing but that's how she goes sometimes... Anyhow I've toyed with ThAts what's causing the lack of sleep

Either way it's pretty weird so far and completely reminds me of night long lucid dreams as a little kid

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Hey thanks for letting me know that, if it does start to get in any way uncomfortable ill think about doing that.

To me it seems more like the feeling you'd get working woth energies and such if you buy into that sort of thing, if not then maybe an endogenous chemical release of some sort, it's the part of as soon as it happens I wake up sweating balls then can't seem to get it to happen again or fall back asleep for at least an hr or so.

edit on 29-10-2014 by pryed -eyed-one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

She's alright now, a few surgeries and she's almost fully recovered. Still has some pain with bright lights and loud noises, the occasional migraine, etc but she's happy and currently working in Television. So I'm really proud of her!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryed -eyed-one
I believe it's possible my body is producing certain chemicals that make the sensation, it has only happened after the meditations and yoga so I'm guessing that is what's causing it. It feels like quite a shock almost like a taser to the base of my skull, but not in an unpleasant way, it's just out of nowhere.

I may add I have been drinking alcohol until a few days ago quite heavily wich isn't a normal thing but that's how she goes sometimes... Anyhow I've toyed with ThAts what's causing the lack of sleep

Either way it's pretty weird so far and completely reminds me of night long lucid dreams as a little kid

Careful. Depends on how long you've been imbibing heavily, not judging, but seizures are not uncommon when one's body tries to readjust.
I had them due to medication issues and it began as a tightness in the back of my skull. What you are describing is different, but if you have good insurance, it never hurts to check. You only have one brain.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech

Had it happen a few times, usually accompanied by a low auditory buzzing sound. Sometimes it sounds like a chainsaw in the distance. If you let it go, it will envelop your entire body, just maintain your sense of well-being and control your thoughts. Then have a purpose, don't get distracted and answers will start coming in the form of images as a general rule but not always limited to that.

Interesting description. Reminds me a lot of what I used to do:

When I was a kid, I used to get really bad migraines. Nothing helped the pain at all, except really hot showers, and even then only when the water was running.

I finally learned how to get rid of them on my own by laying on my bed in the corpse pose and meditating/concentrating on the center of the pain. Eventually the pain would change to a buzzing sensation (without the sound) and I would then visualize the sensation dissipating through my whole body and exiting out my extremities. I basically learned to do this intuitively with no assistance and it worked.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sounds like the vibrations that often occur before a lucid dream. Supposedly these allow the dreamer to know he's approaching the point at which the body sleeps but the consciousness is awake.

edit on 29-10-2014 by Prime8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
These are the vibrations you feel when you are close to having an astral projection. I am 100% positive. I have had over 300 OBE's and can almost induce them at will. A lot of the times when i astral project a big thumping buzzing electric feeling accompanied by a loud buzzing sound will start in my head exactly like you describe.

At first it scared me too but i woke up out of it and felt completely fine. The next time it happened i was ready for it and i let it get really intense and engulf my whole body. It literally feels like being electrocuted but without the pain. I thought my body was going to die and not make it through. Then the vibrations got so intense I popped right out of my body. It scared me the first time so i went right back in immediately. I woke up, walked around the house, felt if i was ok, and i was completely fine.

The next time this happened, I did the same thing. Let the buzzing engulf my body and increase the sound in my head to a really high pitch. Then i pop out of my body. It happens like this 80% of the time. Once your out of body stay calm and don't get too excited or you will be sucked right back into your body.

Congrats on your success and safe travels.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I believe that may just be your brain, flooding with N,N-Dimethyltryptamine from your pineal Gland. aka Third eye,

There may be spiritual aspect's at play, and N,N-Dimethyltryptamine naturally created in the brain is the door way?

This post has nothing to do with the external form of said Chemical compound or drug's in anyway as this substance is created in the third eye.
edit on 29-10-2014 by iclimbtowers because: censorship..

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
These are the vibrations you feel when you are close to having an astral projection. I am 100% positive. I have had over 300 OBE's and can almost induce them at will. A lot of the times when i astral project a big thumping buzzing electric feeling accompanied by a loud buzzing sound will start in my head exactly like you describe.

At first it scared me too but i woke up out of it and felt completely fine. The next time it happened i was ready for it and i let it get really intense and engulf my whole body. It literally feels like being electrocuted but without the pain. I thought my body was going to die and not make it through. Then the vibrations got so intense I popped right out of my body. It scared me the first time so i went right back in immediately. I woke up, walked around the house, felt if i was ok, and i was completely fine.

The next time this happened, I did the same thing. Let the buzzing engulf my body and increase the sound in my head to a really high pitch. Then i pop out of my body. It happens like this 80% of the time. Once your out of body stay calm and don't get too excited or you will be sucked right back into your body.

Congrats on your success and safe travels.

I had also thought that it was this about to happen, that is a lot like how it was for me as a kid I just had no fear then.

I'll try to let it do whatever it's going to do this time since I feel like I could handle the vibrations untill a breakthrew. crossing fingers and hoping it works.

Thanks for the advice man!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Stroke possibility. Those are also medical symptoms you describe. Not to worry you...but they are. You should get a CT scan or MRI and evaluation.

To just think its from meditating is neglecting your health. But you may be lucky.

MS meditator, projector and yes...celebral stroke victim

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Stroke possibility. Those are also medical symptoms you describe. Not to worry you...but they are. You should get a CT scan or MRI and evaluation.

To just think its from meditating is neglecting your health. But you may be lucky.

MS meditator, projector and yes...celebral stroke victim

I understand the need for concern and explanation but if the Op's experiences are similar to mine and others which they seem to be a would say that stroke is unlikley as they are linked to meditation and can be brought on as it were at will.

If I experienced this at random I would be looking for medical advice quickly.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I tend to think a stroke or aneurism could lead to a person having these symptoms due to parts of the brain shutting down. I don't think these spiritual vibrations are signs of a person about to have a stroke or aneurism though.

Here is a video of a woman named Jill Bolte Taylor.

She is a brain researcher who studied her own stroke while she was having it. A lot of what she describes happening during her stroke is what happens to people when in deep meditations, astral projections, hallucinogenic induced states of consciousness, etc.

What we are basically doing in meditative states is stilling our minds and thoughts to the point of not thinking. Turning off your brain, exactly what an aneurism or stroke could unlock for a person. But don't worry if you are practicing meditation like you say you are, these feeling are completely normal to have.

Too set you at ease... One night i was meditating and i started feeling the vibrations in my head. They started to get so strong it fell like my head was going to explode. I felt a huge thumping in the back of my head pounding on my skull and a huge thumping on top of my head pounding open my skull. It was so strong i thought my head was literally exploding. The thing is it didn't hurt at all, no pain just very very strong sensations. It scared me so bad i woke up and walked around just to make sure i wasn't dead or having a stroke or something. This was more than a year ago. I was completely fine, just unfamiliar to such strong vibrations centered in my head. I haven't been able to reach that point again but when it does happen i won't be afraid this time. I've had many astral projections before that and many after just nothing that powerful before, it felt like it was something else.

So don't be afraid of the feelings you get you will be ok.

new topics

top topics

join