It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I've been watching as we are faced with an onslaught of information regarding police brutality.

They execute a man in a parking lot.

They deploy armored vehicles for an elderly man.

They rape a teenager.

And these are only the recent stories. There are countless others.

It all makes sense now.

They want us to be outraged.

They want to keep pushing us. And pushing us. And pushing us.

Until we've been pushed to far, and we push back. Then they will rain hell down on us.

Round ups.

Totalitarianism.

Media-spin.

After being oppressed slowly and incrementally by the police state for so long, after watching our fellow citizens murdered in broad daylight for so long, many of us will stand up.

And we will be declared terrorists. And people will cry for us to be rounded-up, imprisoned, and executed as well.

The time is fast approaching. Prepare yourselves now.

Figure out what your line-in-the-sand is. Figure out when enough is enough for you. Find like-minded individuals near-you who will stand with you. And figure out what you will do in retaliation.

Will you fight for Liberty? Will you say "no" to tyranny with a gun, with a sign, or with a computer? Will you leave your family, your job, your home, and face near-certain death for the sake of freedom?

How far is too far for you? What are you prepared to do?

If things continue like they have been, war is coming.

It will be citizens who stand for freedom versus citizens who stand with the government.

Some police will defect, others will not.

Some of the military will defect, others will not.

Which side will you be on? When will you take a stand? What are you prepared to do?

What are you prepared to lose?

Are you ready?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I've reached a similar conclusion but I'm not sure how accurate it is. I think there may be in place a hidden protocol. My theory is, they want us to get used to police brutality slowly, the same way you boil a frog.

Then again I'm not sure that cops haven't always been this bad and we are just now becoming aware of it. The msm hardly ever covers these things. I was blown away when I started following the "cop block" page last year. I thought they were making it up or something. Surely we would hear about these brutalities right? Wrong

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A fine question to ask, though it is unfortunate it needs to be asked at all. The amount of evidence out there pointing to just this sort of conclusion has to point to more than just coincidence. Mass manufactured coffins, mysterious high security prisons that have a penchant for telling the curious public to 'buzz off,' a history of localized concentration camps, and now we have the slow but steady militarization of the police. Since when were people armed with RPG's and IED's to the point that such force is now necessary? Aside from the odd tank jacking, what could they possibly be afraid of?

I am of the mind that this country is going to see a Hunger Games scenario; divided up into several portions and sold, people and all to help pay off the massive debt our loving government has racked up for us over the years.

It's so difficult to live in a country where you can't trust anyone, not even your neighbor in fear that he may be a spook, or to sit in your living room in fear of the walls having ears. Can't trust the media or the politicians to deliver the truth, so who do you trust? Even if you mind your own business, the question will still creep into your life eventually. No matter how big the pasture, the sheep are sheared eventually. The illusion of freedom: Now that's true evil.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

I honestly feel really sorry for anyone who lives their lives in fear their neighbors, TV, and even their own living room.

Am I concerned about the growing militarization of the U.S. Police force? Absolutely. I worry about all the U.S. Citizens who might fall prey to the growing hunger of the police.

I just hope you folks are armed, and not living in fear, but rather with confidence that should SHTF, you're prepared for whatever may come.

Best wishes

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Do it...start the revolution...I bet youd be surprised how many would join if you had a few successful operations...good luck!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus
It's so difficult to live in a country where you can't trust anyone, not even your neighbor in fear that he may be a spook, or to sit in your living room in fear of the walls having ears. Can't trust the media or the politicians to deliver the truth, so who do you trust? Even if you mind your own business, the question will still creep into your life eventually. No matter how big the pasture, the sheep are sheared eventually. The illusion of freedom: Now that's true evil.

It difficult to read what you wrote and know that you are talking about America,once known as the land of the free.
I read alot of history books and what you describe has been mentioned almost word for word by people in living in Stalin's Soviet Russia,Hitler's Germany,or Cambodia under Pol Pot.

Bloody sad state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ummm.... What he described is a novel called 1984 and is in no way a reflection of typical life in the US.

Not that it couldn't be eventually.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Thankfully, I do not count myself among the paranoid... but I do think it's wise to keep an eye on this sort of thing. I've only had brief run in's with cops in my area, and they do seem a bit abrasive. I'm not sure if this is due to the type of person who applies to be an officer, or the recruitment and training process itself, but I've noticed the officers here have the mentality of high school football players who just got off the field and are now popping each others asses with a wet towel. Again, I'm not sure whether this is due to the boyish nature of applicants, or perhaps the training they participate in which gives them some sense of summer camp bonding. Adrenaline can do wonders for the body and terrible things to the mind; couple that with sub par training and an immature attitude, and you've got a recipe for unlawful arrests and the shooting of innocents.

If only we had a few espers or a few misaka clones to give us some peace of mind...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

Ten cool points to you for the Misaka love.

I've seen a lot of reports lately about police overreach, and even more first hand or recorded incidents that don't hit the media. It's frightening, for sure. My parents back home have gotten in touch with some "preppers" and they're coordinating a bug out plan, but also a stay a defend plan, so I'm a little reassured for them. Hope everything simmers down before it reaches a boiling point.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's not going to happen and if it does, it will be years from now.
People are too distracted and brain washed by the MSM to even know what's really going on. They may be unhappy with the current administration, but you don't see any one doing anything about it. You don't see protests in the streets, no marches on Washington. Most still defend the police and their tactics, because they've been fooled in to believing the cops need tanks, automatic weapons and the right to use whatever force they like, even if it's handcuffing a teenager for talking back to a teacher.
No, America is not going to stand up any time soon. Until something rips us away from our TVs, with it's hundreds of channels blaring mind numbing "entertainment", until we can't get 24/7 fast food and something grabs us by the neck and shakes us awake, America is going to sit and take it. We might bitch and grumble, but DO anything?
Not gonna happen. I hate to have this attitude, but when I look around, all I see are fat, lazy people bitching from their couches, with their hand out waiting for someone to hand them another beer and some nachos.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Should another civil war erupt, the military will be 'ordered' to support the state.

I believe they ... will ... obey.

Tell me, who has a plan to neutralize that eventuality?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It's been said many times we're living under a hidden oligarchy. America is all about secret agendas, and it's already been revealed we're all being spied on by our own leadership. The excuse is trying to find terrorists, but like the OP said, trying to stand up for your rights often gets you labeled as such. Hell, our own veterans are considered top threats to national security. That's a sad affair in itself. Don't believe everything that happens in America is peaches and sunshine. There's always that hidden agenda hovering around like a bad fart.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You are right...the only other possibility would be some rogue general that stood up to it...perhaps causing a stalemate or everyone to stop for a bit and try to rehash some things out.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
It's not going to happen and if it does, it will be years from now.
People are too distracted and brain washed by the MSM to even know what's really going on. They may be unhappy with the current administration, but you don't see any one doing anything about it. You don't see protests in the streets, no marches on Washington. Most still defend the police and their tactics, because they've been fooled in to believing the cops need tanks, automatic weapons and the right to use whatever force they like, even if it's handcuffing a teenager for talking back to a teacher.
No, America is not going to stand up any time soon. Until something rips us away from our TVs, with it's hundreds of channels blaring mind numbing "entertainment", until we can't get 24/7 fast food and something grabs us by the neck and shakes us awake, America is going to sit and take it. We might bitch and grumble, but DO anything?
Not gonna happen. I hate to have this attitude, but when I look around, all I see are fat, lazy people bitching from their couches, with their hand out waiting for someone to hand them another beer and some nachos.

This^^^

The only way a "civil war," will happen is if the supermarkets shut down. That would imply that tptb have every reason to keep us fat and content within reason. It took a famine before the French Revolution could happen. America, really was tossing the play book out the window when they kick started the revolution in 1776. I still haven't found a good reason behind it.

Anyway, yeah no civil war. Just an insidious police state until things go off the rails intentionally or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

Fox news is reporting that a poll of 83% of people are extremely or very concerned about our country.
54% disapprove of Obama's leadership.

This would be a blood bath for the regular American Citizens. The government has drones, military power, Tanks, surveillance and other advantages that the American people do not have. Would the president enlist his muslim/communist friends to be part of his Military?

Plus just the thought of fighting against family or friends that on the opposing side is beyond my thought ability as of now.

This is not a one shoe fit all kind of question, depends on one's age, health, ability, location, survival skills...

To answer your question,
1. I can not say that I am ready or would ever be ready for something as bad as a civil war.
2. I side with freedom/ I will say no with a gun only is threatened.
3. I will hunker in place as long as possible/I will rise up if necessary.
4. I am prepared to lose all material items including my farm but I will not lose any of my family without a fight.
5. I can hunt and fish for food/well water for as long as the gas holds out for my generator/natural spring water
6. I do not have a plan as far as medical needs other than natural remedies.
7. I do have a few options if forced to relocate/planned and will form a small group at off grid location.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Which side are you on? Am I ready? No.
I don't think I want to ever witness Americans
spilling blood in their own streets. The original
civil war had brothers killing brothers.
What an all out effort in stupidity.

From an outsider's point of view, your
country has become so divided, reps
vs dems, vs any third party, black vs white
vs hispanic, north vs south, lib vs conservative,
it's gotten so bad people can't even be in the same room
and have an honest conversation together.

There is so much division and anger internally in America,
it's hard to see how this won't end in violence.
What a tragic downfall to a country that had so much hope,
but that hope ended a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I fear that the goal isn't to push us into fighting back as a group, but to keep a slow and steady pace on removing our rights, just a little bit every day.
That way, there's no group effort- and they can remove us from the pool one at a time, as each of our personal boundaries are hit.

What's left? A bunch of people who simply won't fight back. Sadly, this is most of them- as long as they get their pretzel from the cafe on Tuesday, and have their video games or Netflix waiting for them after work, I'd say nine out of ten people simply will never fight it, and will accept whatever insane thing is pushed on them.

Once the people who resist are all removed, it becomes very simple for a few to control many.

I remember the last time I saw any riots at all- "we are the 99%!" they cried. It even made the media, and the movement had some momentum.

And then, as if overnight, it was over.
Did anything change? Nope.

You my ask yourself where it went, though- and I'll tell you. The media moved its concentration to the SOPA/PIPA bills that were threatening to strike down our last bastion of freedom of speech- this here internet.
Media covered it, everyone banded together and made sure it didn't happen- hooray, we win!

They made it into a war- the public vs sopa/pipa. Nobody remembered the riots just days before- or why they happened.

And then, once "we won", the media moved onto something else, and the people in charge quietly passed laws that allow them to do everything that sopa/pipa let them do, and more.

The freedom is an illusion, our votes simply do not matter, and there is nothing we can do but band together, rise up, and set it straight.
But we won't, because we've been conditioned to fight eachother, at every level.

When was the last time you worked together with someone to complete a common goal? It used to be people had to work together to raise enough food to survive the coming winter.
Now we compete with eachother for "salary"- lets not get started on that racket and lose focus on the topic, though.

The American public has been trained to work against eachother, and now it's just a game of musical chairs- or perhaps I should call it musical freedoms. Just take them away, one by one, and let individuals fall on their asses.
edit on 29-10-2014 by lordcomac because: Wasn't done ranting.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There is nothing "Civil" about war. It is barbarism. It is insanity. Stop it. Now.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The civil war will have to be fought on a battlefield of OUR choosing......
We need to get smart enough to change the paradigm so that these types are extraneous and negligible.......
take away their power to intimidate and you have a small group of outnumbered individuals......
the trick would be to basically ignore them so they go away.......ostracise all cops.....exclude them from social interaction and they will shrivel up and blow away......

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
newyork.cbslocal.com...

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — There is a new fear about drones.
Readily available, they can hover just out of sight. The NYPD is concerned that drones could be tools for terrorists.
Police brass haven't talked about drones as potential weapons, until now, CBS News correspondent Jeff Pegues reported Wednesday.

“We've seen some video where the drone was flying at different targets along the route and very accurately hitting the targets with the paintball,” DiPace said.

I had stated earlier we could not possibly win and seen this article today. If the american people stood up in any sort of rebellion it would not end very good for us (the new terrorist group). Too many still follow blindly and will believe anything the government tells them.

top topics

join