It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News!! CNN & BBC Busted!! ISIS Is A Fake Threat!! 2014

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I've seen some of the Fake News reports that CNN has done in the past, however, this report is coming from RT, and if RT says something, I have to not believe them. They're not exactly an honorable news source themselves. If RT says the sky is blue, I have to on face value take it as a partial if not complete lie.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

And if you`re also going to be "really" critical about US/EU world politics I will drink that beer with you.

I don`t care if you have "justified" criticism at other counties...as long as it`s not used to marginalize our own countries wrong doings and the criticism is factual.

There`s however a catch 22 with RT, if they do it when it`s not necessary they flush their credibility down the toilet just as MSM has done, so they don`t do it that much at the moment. I have however no doubt they will do it way more when needed and are doing it sparsely right now.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

And if you`re also going to be "really" critical about US/EU world politics I will drink that beer with you.

I'm critical of my own Government, Why wouldn't I be critical of others?

The whole point is hopefully avoiding the whole S^^^house going up in flames,

That wouldn't do any of us [Russian, Chinese, 'Murican, Britt etc] any good.

edit on 29-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

well...at least it's their neighbors...as opposed to some god forsaken country half way across the world...which has nothing to do with them.

No argument there.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The whole freaking Arab Spring, Iraq, Syria and Ukrainian mess already has brought nothing good for no one.

Why would Russia want to have more territory, there aren`t that many Russians. So it`s ridiculous to actual think Russia is a threat to the world security and needed to be contained by slowing their growth by trying to cut them off from selling gas and trading with the EU. A world with more as one "super" power is probably way better of because of the balance it gives. There are just a few deluded people who think they should be the sole gods on this world and who have no regards to the rest of humanity its well being.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Agreed 100%. People are almost grasping at excuses to either demonize the U.S., or "friendly up" ISIS making them appear to be less a threat than they truly are. I have no idea why they'd do either, but I suggest they take a trip "down there" and find out for themselves if ISIS is a threat or not...

It's weird aint it?

Yes ISIS is real and they have committed mass genocide, why people would want to downplay the magnitude of the atrocities is beyond me

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

If you can ferret out the truth more power to you, I remember a video from a couple months back that I hesitated to post, it was about the fake propaganda videos that get leaked out of the middle east.

I don't know if I can find it, I hated to post it because it took away from the real suffering that is happening.'

To trust any government or their state run TV our own included is foolhardy.

The truth is something so sick and despicable we wouldn't believe that either.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I don't necessarily disagree with what you stated.

Just remember, regarding a multi-poplar world..

Sooner or later the two biggest kids on the block will eventually fight. These two kids have Nukes, Not to mention so do a few other street kids who might just jump in on either side.

One world Government is needed but not one that crushes the masses into submission like as is feared. How do we get there from here?

Well CNN, RT, PressTV, BBC, FOX etc etc etc aint going to tell you how.

That's for damn sure.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It's getting very hairy

Russian Nuclear Bombers Buzz Alaska, N. Europe

freebeacon.com...

We may be on that eve of destruction after all, this is just one of many incidences

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Can you throw in some more random angles?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Very poor quality Russian propaganda, was good for a laugh for the "cheesiness factor"

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyThoughts

Can you throw in some more random angles?

Sure, but it wouldn't impress you though I'm not as good at it as RT.

edit on 29-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

For sure news agencies use doctored imagery and video to further their own gains. However, it is not a one world order and ISIS are not a fake threat. Anyone in the intelligence community will tell you that. The Yazidi women will tell you that.

Each news agency has their own political ties and agendas to promote. They will use media, drama, and emotion to do so.

Just look at all the anti-Israel crap. People screaming and crying about dead Palestinian kids that ... were not even dead. Pallywood. Hamas' propaganda machine.

Everyone has a propaganda machine.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

though I'm not as good at it as RT.

Did I mention RT?

Why are your posts looking so contrived?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I guess the people in Syria,Iraq and Turkey are all actors. Specially those who have lost family,those who have been tortured and rape. All actors i n the great fantasy of first world pampered and BORED ats users's lives

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Exactly, re the black budget support of groups of rebels.

Keeps blowing up in our faces. Unless..... the later adversarial nature of such groups towards us (Al Queda, Taliban, Syrian rebels, ISIS, etc) is a secondary or primary purpose?

originally posted by: dothedew
Is Isis a threat? In my opinion, yeah.

The equivalent that of our bad cops among our entire united States population-several thousand people among millions.

This stuff has been going on for years. We find a little nation full of people that doesnt have a central bank, or that is threatening to turn away from the petro dollar.

Then, we find a little group of "rebels", whether it be a group of a thousand, or a group of 100.

Then, we send our own black budget mercenaries (those without a paper trail) to help em out, cause a little chaos, attack innocent civilians, etc.

Last but not least, we send over some journalists from CNN and other major networks (hell, half the time, we don't send em anywhere, they just stand in front of a green screen with gunfire playing in the background), and make up some stories and create some sensationalized news about how bombs are going off, people are dying, kids are starving, puppies are in need of owners, blah blah blah, and then put all this made up crap on constant 24/7 loops on the news outlets.

All in order to get public opinion to swing behind the government, and give the go-ahead for whatever pointless atrocities they want to commit, all in the name of a big fat dollar. And" protecting your freedoms ", or preventing nuclear holocaust, or whatever popular phrase they're spewing out at the moment.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Very poor quality Russian propaganda, was good for a laugh for the "cheesiness factor"

You seem to always be posting in a very pro-US manner. From what I have seen, you think the US can do no wrong, is the best country in the world, has never committed atrocities abroad, and is a bastion of freedom at all times? Right?

To you, "Russian propaganda" means anything but the standard mainstream government view as broadcasted through the few main news channels.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Slayer, as to your final point about a needed world government or at least much more cooperative framework, I agree to an extent.

There are too many problems, from environment to ending war to global water use and food security that require better cooperation and the hyper-nationalism and lawless way in which many countries are acting isn't working anymore.

The only way to enforce that is to have consequences, which as they say at the UN and in general would have to require some reduction of national sovereignty.

That doesn't require necessarily any kind of dictatorship or crazy government. That is a danger only if slowly over time some secretive group tries to solidify power. We would have to construct a system that mitigated that.

However, where I don't agree with the shrill hyper nationalists is that because there are dangers, that we shouldn't cooperate for NECESSARY multi-lateral issues and give enough teeth to international bodies that countries can no longer just screw each over at will and ignore international law. We still have a law of the jungle because the big countries, including the US, do what they want.

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I don't necessarily disagree with what you stated.

Just remember, regarding a multi-poplar world..

Sooner or later the two biggest kids on the block will eventually fight. These two kids have Nukes, Not to mention so do a few other street kids who might just jump in on either side.

One world Government is needed but not one that crushes the masses into submission like as is feared. How do we get there from here?

Well CNN, RT, PressTV, BBC, FOX etc etc etc aint going to tell you how.

That's for damn sure.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Russia doesn`t need to cover up as much as US/EU is doing at the moment.

Well finally....

That's the closest I've seen posted by some here admitting that Russia at least has stuff to cover up.

I won't defend 'Western Media"

why?

Because I know Western media is pushing their BS, however some here absolutely refuse to see that RT does exactly the same thing for Mother Russia. The only real difference is that RT plays into their preferred paradigm.

Now, if you don't mind I'll continue to criticize both East and Western media.

I guess most members of ATS are aware of the fact...that all media must work to some extent with the power that controls it. It is often a mouth piece in the times of need...an inevitable lover, a doer of dirty deeds that sometimes need to be done to keep us patriotic and blind. And ultimately you have to report interesting "things", news, shocking events,...we all know the psychology of it...no need to delve deeper.

But where do you draw the line ? Do you embellish stories or accentuate certain aspects of it to gain public points ? Or do you outright lie ? fabricate events, people ? edit wording of the interviewees and "sell" them as their own words...?

so end justifies the means ?

I thought we discontinued this practice on basis of morality.

I must say...this editing thing has knocked me of my shoes...it's outrageous...and for them admitting it and defending it.

Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So the British, U.S. and other nationals who have been beheaded by ISIS are still alive then?

Who knows, who really cares... The Media are compulsive bs artists.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join