It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News!! CNN & BBC Busted!! ISIS Is A Fake Threat!! 2014

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I think this time next year we will have forgotten it too, if not sooner. I know you know to say "some disease that isn't doing anything to anyone" is perhaps a stretch, however.

3 people out of 316 million people is 9 x 10^-9% = 0.000000009%. That's pretty much 0. Yes, it is effecting people in Africa, but we don't live in Africa do we? The only emotion we should be showing about Ebola is concern. Concern for the people in Africa suffering from this disease.

As for the other, our gangs are unhappy misguided teens and young folks who have turned to crime as an occupation and form of rebellion. Isis is much more than that. I think we will eventually do whatever we need to do to get rid of them, but they are killing many, many people, and are a very dangerous group of psychopaths, who I think would like nothing better than to come here and let their demons loose. So we should continue to be cautious.

Unhappy, misguided teen or deranged religious extremist? Why does the source matter? Dead is dead.

Those unhappy, misguided teens are currently more numerous in this country than those religious extremists that's for sure. And that's a problem we can actually attempt to fix (end the war on drugs), if we'd ever let America admit to the problem. ISIS will just go away for us if we'd just leave that region of the world alone for a change.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

ISIS are very real.

If the news media says then it must be true.

If the media says that Russia is a threat then must be true.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
ISIS will just go away for us if we'd just leave that region of the world alone for a change.

I know you're not addressing me here but...sadly I don't agree.

I don't know what the solution to the ISIS problem is but they're not going to just go away.

If the US had not invaded Iraq in 2003 that would've been a start to preventing groups like ISIS form coming into existence, but they're here now and.....

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yoa reply to: Krazysh0t

You're welcome. And thank you.
Just one tiny word of appeal. Remember that there are real people on the other side of your computer screen. I'm with you on trying to keep calm and keep others calm and I applaud that. Just realize that sometimes a pat on the hand and a "there ,there, now. It's going to be ok" helps too.
Carry on soldier...

PS- ISIS is bigger than Al Qaida and,they were able to knock the wind out of our sails. Just a reminder. On an I individual basis were going to be fine. But society is another thing. No man is an island.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I don't watch the news, I watch the videos ISIS make themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

It makes me sad also. And if you think about it....... after Ebola there will be another virus.
After Isis, there will be another group of killers.

We might as well get used to it, I guess. And they bring all their crap to us! Sigh.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think the difference between an ISIS instigated act of terror and some random gangster shooting up a store is huge.

The only difference I see is motivation. There is no difference to the dead people since they are dead.

ISIS continually make threats to the UK and the US, they make videos urging their sympathisers to carry out attacks in Western countries. If some crazy dude made videos about how he was going to walk into a mall and start shooting people and posted them all over the internet would you ignore him?

Eh? Have you not heard of Gangsta Rap?

But in any case, what's a threat anyways? Just a bunch of words. In this case those words are pretty empty since ISIS can't do anything to damage America. Even if ISIS could manage to pull off another 9/11, only 3000 people died that day. That is STILL less than 1% of the population. Also, that would be a good way to get yourself wiped off the planet.

I'm not trying to blow the ISIS threat out of proportion, but playing it down could be dangerous.

Dude, I used to be in the Army. I was deployed in Iraq in 2005. I CONSTANTLY complained to people while I was deployed there that the threat that the media was reporting to the soldiers there was blown WAY out of proportion. This is no different. A few lone cases happen here and there and everyone loses their minds because they happen to be religious nuts. But here's the thing. They're nuts.

Do you know what feeds into and makes terrorism work? Fear and uncertainty. If anything, giving attention to ISIS is making the situation worse, not better. Playing down the threat would probably be the least dangerous thing we could do.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

ISIS will just go away for us if we'd just leave that region of the world alone for a change.

Do you think we should have left Hitler and the Nazi's alone?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Thank you for the advise. I do at times need to know when to turn my emotions back on. I've gotten so good at turning them off, that I at times forget to turn them back on to do things like sympathize with people like you suggested.

Al Qaida didn't really knock the wind out of our sails either. Most of the threat from Al Qaida was the same sensationalized mess that ISIS is. Like I said in the post above this one, while in Iraq I witnessed first hand how blown out of proportion the media was portraying the Al Qaida threat. The biggest thing that Al Qaida did to us, was 9/11 and that got them annihilated.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Do you think we should have left Hitler and the Nazi's alone?

Well Hitler and the Nazis declared war on us when we declared war on Japan. Not to mention, Hitler and the Nazis had an actual army, with troops and machinery. They had war tactics that were never seen before. They were a REAL threat to peace and stability. Comparing Hitler and the Nazis to a violent cult like ISIS is apples to oranges.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am nearly sixty years old and in my lifetime from the fifties to now I've seen amazing social changes. We're not there yet but I believe we're on the right track. Someday it really will be a free world driven by knowledge and compassion for each other. I don't doubt that at all. Focus on a positive outcome and realize how far we've come already. It makes getting up in the morning a lot easier and gives direction to a life. I'm glad to share the planet with you. You obviously care and that's important. Just don't be fearful. Be strong. You'll accomplish much more from a position of power. reply to: ladyinwaiting

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
If the news media says then it must be true.

Well apparently your favorite Kool Aid watering hole, News source seems to be all up on reporting the ISIS threat.

RT: 'We have to defend our land': Lebanese Christians organize self-defense to fight ISIS

RT: ISIS threatens to kill British jihadists who want to go home

RT: German intel warns ISIS can shoot down passenger planes
edit on 29-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm sending you a PM.a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I agree, in the sense that if everybody ignored ISIS's version of propaganda, then there would be feck all to be worried about.

However, people are paying attention to what ISIS are saying, both the ordinary folk like you and me plus disaffected young Muslims living in Western countries. Look how many have left their lives of relative comfort to go and fight in Syria and Iraq. This is a serious issue, especially in countries with large populations of Muslim immigrants, how many people does it take to carry out a bombing? A bombing which could kill hundreds?

I'm not going to cause you of 'not caring' but you comment about 1% of the population seems a bit callous to me, innocent people do not deserve to die.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Check out 'Operation Drumbeat'.

The Germans didn't even bother to declare war, they just went ahead and attacked.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

Innocent people never deserve to die, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'm sorry I sound callous. I'm just speaking to reality in an emotionless sense. Sometimes that is the best way to cut through the muck, but many times it makes you sound like an uncaring douche. Though believe me, I DO care for the people who lost their lives. But does it do them justice to honor their loss by going into fear overdrive and tightening up security to the point that we are all scared of our shadows?

You talk about the videos speaking to young muslims who are leaving their lives of comfort to go fight in Syria or Iraq, but what about the disenfranchised youth of the American inner cities? The ones who have most options stripped from them to the point that they have to resort to dealing drugs. Then when they get arrested, even more options are stripped from them and they are forced to remain in the life they've always known? This situation is effecting MILLIONS of teenagers and young adults from California to Florida. That sounds like a MUCH more dire threat to the stability of the country than a few people dying to a few bomb attacks scattered around the country.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Syria and Ebola. the most fake threats we heard all year.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I know why don't we have a whip round and raise money for all the members here that don't think ISIS is real and we send them over there for a little holiday and we will see if the come back shorter than they went out!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

Do you know what feeds into and makes terrorism work? Fear and uncertainty. If anything, giving attention to ISIS is making the situation worse, not better. Playing down the threat would probably be the least dangerous thing we could do.

Sorry even though you were in the Army does not make you any more intelligent than anyone else. Not all of us believe as you do.

Your beliefs are yours and mine is mine but you seem to want to get in a pissing contest with everyone that has a different belief than yours?

Other than this, nothing more to say on this thread, since my opinion is wrong. I wish my Gov intelligence son and my other 20 year Marine son knew as much. I'll be sure to let them know there is no real threat.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Where did I say that ISIS isn't real? I just said it isn't a threat to America. So you certainly aren't talking to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join