It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
From zombie gatherings to mashed potato wrestling to pet weddings and breast milk donations, every state is unique – and sometimes strange – in its own way.
Estately has published a map showing which Guinness World Records each state holds.
Take South Dakota, for example, where mashed potato wrestling is apparently commonplace. Now consider New York, where people spend the most money on pet weddings. Meanwhile, people in Minnesota are sure to have a fun time this Halloween with all of their zombie gatherings – although Louisiana is the state known for the biggest Halloween party. But then again, who can overlook Texas’ claim to fame by donating the most breast milk?
If you think these are odd ways for states to make names for themselves, wait until you see how the rest of them stack up:
Largest pot of baked beans (1,010.65 gallons)
ALASKA - Heaviest cabbage (138.25 pounds)
ARIZONA - Largest mariachi group performance (555 performers)
ARKANSAS - Heaviest watermelon (268.8 pounds)
CALIFORNIA - Longest tongue (3.97 inches from tip to closed lip)
COLORADO - Largest gathering of people dressed as gorillas (1,061 participants)
GEORGIA - Longest barbecue marathon (80 hours)
HAWAII - Largest Spam musubi (628 pounds)
ILLINOIS - Smallest cat (2.75 inches tall)
INDIANA - Largest calzone (69.3 pounds)
IOWA - Largest hokey pokey dance (7,384 participants)
1. Largest mandolin ensemble (389 participants)
2. Largest gathering of people dressed like cows (470 participants)
3. Most lightning strikes survived (7 times)
1. Longest time spent continuously on a teeter-totter (75 hours 10 minutes)
2. Most expensive hot dog ($169)
3. Largest snowball fight (5,834 participants)
4. Most people dying eggs (582 participants)
5. Fastest time to print 500 sheets by a color desktop printer (7 minutes 19 seconds)
6. Largest collection of beer bottles (25,866 individual beer bottles)
originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Vermont- biggest maple syrup orgy. Maple syrup... a lot a naked people with red and black buffalo plaid hats... all wearing socks cause its cold. Darryl burnt his naked butt on the wood stove.
originally posted by: Hefficide
Eighty hour barbeque marathon? Amateurs! They must have failed to pace their intake of hunch-punch. A good barbeque starts on Friday and has people calling in drunk through Tuesday.