It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really disturbed you the most on 9-11? The loss of life or the buildings themselves being destr

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

The disbelief that someone could get past the USA's defences so easily and quietly paddle into the WTC.

Did you honestly believe the US was at the time some sort of fortress, bristling with Anti Aircraft weapons mounted on every building ready at a moments notice?

Those were airliners, the same type of airliners that flew in and out of the city, all day, everyday, 24/7, 365...
edit on 29-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
the fact it was carried out by the Israeli barstard that owned them with the full backing of the American government

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Being there right before it happened.

ATS Link

And losing 2 people I knew that day. It's not that I don't care about the rest but given my situation the volume seems to be higher for certain things.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In a way I was lucky (if there is such a thing). That morning, for no reason, I was watching PBS (which I never do in the morning, this may have been the first time I did that), and there was a program about deaths in hospitals caused by medical malpractice. The number was well over 100,000 a year. When I received a phone call to 'turn the TV on' I switched to the networks soon after the second plane had hit, and stayed with it for a couple of weeks. The 'wtf' moment of learning there were well over 100,000 'accidental' deaths in hospitals every year set me up to watch 911 a little more dispassionately, which actually allowed me to comfort others as the day progressed.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Everyone in administrative cabinet got promoted instead of fired...patriot act comes on it's heals addressing american's as terrorists...freudian slip from the top.

When bush made the comment; that's a terrible pilot...is he a stand-up comedian seeking applause?

No real investigation took place...a team of story tellers were commissioned to come up with a 'good-one', yet, not until after the families demanded the 'truth'.

Failing to deliver it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There was too much that didn't make any sense then, and too much that still doesn't make sense now.

I am not a "Truther" keep in mind ... you asked what disturbs us -- that's what disturbs me.

It's not just that the pieces don't fit together. It's like they're not even from the same puzzle.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
because it would have taken a lot of influence to agree to let this plane in unimpeded.

Where do you think the plane? was "let in" from exactly?

This seems to show some truthers have no idea at all of what happened@

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My husband called me from work and told me a plane hit the WTC and to watch the news. I homeschooled my children at that time and we watched the news together in disbelief. I didn't understand what was happening because it was so surreal. Then came the jumpers. My kids can't unsee that and I really hope it bothers me more than them and that they remember the burning buildings over the loss of life.

I remember telling my kids, this can't be real, this can't be real. As soon as the passport was discovered, I knew it wasn't.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The loss of life, horrific. The loss of innocence, permanent.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I was 10 years old at the time and I still remember watching the second plane crash into the tower on live television. That image will always haunt me and it replays in my mind constantly. So I guess the thing that disturbed me the most was me watching the murder of hundreds of people.

10?

sheeese I feel old,

the people, it's like a bad nightmare now

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: aightism2
the fact it was carried out by the Israeli barstard that owned them with the full backing of the American government

that was the first thing that crossed your mind?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I remember, watching it live, and when that second plane hit, I remember thinking that I could not believe that some human beings were using planes as weapons to kill other innocent human beings. I remember that I could not understand the reasoning behind such an act. The immense loss of life no matter what the reason was. Terror, real Terror with a capital T.

That is what disturbed me the most.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What got me was that they used planes full of people. You've got to be one sick s.o.b. to do something like that. The second emotion I felt was anger. Anger towards whoever did it, and anger towards my country for creating the conditions that would compel someone to do it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
For me ..Loss of life..I could see the smoke from where I live in CT. To find out the people I knew died... as a firefighter I knew what my duty was ...I worked 2 weeks down there and went to 12 funerals for fallen firefighters.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The reactions of people - fear, hatred and the big one need for revenge. We had a moment in time to prove to be moral people and treat this like the CRIME it was and not as an act of war.

I was horrified by what happened and proud of the response of the people of New York in the direct aftermath. I felt the greatest sorrow for those that died and their loved ones.

But even on day one, the drums of revenge began and eventually took over the country.

Chinese proverb: If you seek revenge, dig two graves. One for your victum and one for yourself. It has come to pass.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The moment I turned on the TV and saw the tragedy unfolding; I knew the world had changed forever and there were forces at play that were evil, had no sense of morality, honor or compassion and ordinary citizens were just pawns in their game.

I morn the loss of innocence...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Are you kidding with this question?

I'm not being sarcastic. Are you kidding? Or are you serious?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Really disturbed??? Nothing really disturbed me. It has got to the point where lies told by both sets of opponents hazes the truth. Was there a terrorist attack? who knows....was there unlimited BS by the "truthers"? Who knows but both sets of supporters from the government to the "truthers' spout so much crap ----- that is what might be disturbing if anything!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As the second plane hit I thought, this is all contrived, like hollywood and then I felt numb all over. This was big. A switch was thrown and billions around the world began to awaken...
edit on 29-10-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: Awake, awaken. am I truly awake?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Basicly what would happen after as an answer, and the answer was as bad as I could imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join