It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Mother Nature know i am going fishing .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Seriously people mother nature has done it again . I have been planning on going fishing this Friday or Saturday and had been watching the weather all week. Friday was going to be okay so i went to the weatherzone site and low and behold the wind speed changed while i was watching . Now i have worked outside most all of my life and we used to say jokingly it was bosses weather . All week is perfect and come the weekend it is crap . Now recently i took a week off to go fishing . Now early October is traditionally very nice in South Australia ,but no , the wind blew its proverbial ring out. One days fishing and that was only because Mother Nature thought i could not go out that day i am sure . Am i the only person that this happens to .????

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
it happens to me aswell, ill plan some kind of outdoor thing with my kids or something for the weekend then it rains but all week when im at home bored its beautiful nice warm weather!

My daughters bday is early October and I gave up planning outdoor parties because every year it would rain!

I hope you get to go fishing soon, isn't it better go to when its raining or is that prawns etc.. lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's damn near impossible to troll when the wind is blowing at gale force. It does seem like mother nature likes to play jokes sometimes when things like this happen. You can fish in the rain as the fish don't care because they are already wet. But the wind??? Nope. Back lashing your reels, carrying your line into treacherous, ridiculous areas (tree tops) and burning your trolling motor up is a high price to pay to try and beat what Mother Nature has given you.

I feel your pain. There's nothing like looking forward to a good fishing trip only to have it ruined. You are not alone!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Blonde moment* i had not even considered the wind when thinking fishing was possible in the rain. lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I guess you are lake fishing as you mentioned trees . Trolling would suck but i guess you have the option of anchoring up out of the wind . No such luck with the sea unfortunately . Tight lines .

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yep. Lake, pond, and river fishing is all we have here. If you're bass fishing you can't really anchor. You have to keep working the trolling motor (depending on how you like to bass fish of course) endlessly when the wind is up so you want hit the bank or roll up on a rocky bottom.

As for the sea... That would make a huge difference indeed. That didn't even cross my mind, it's been so long since I've done that. I hope you catch a break. That sucks.

Everyone should be able to enjoy fishing when they go!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Fish bite best in bad weather.
If it's windy and raining, they don't expect anyone to be dipping poles.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
“Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh”

-Al Swearengen in Deadwood
edit on 29-10-2014 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Had that happen to me a lot as well. Would want to go fishing and it would rain, so everyone else would not want to go. In the end I got one buddy, both him and myself got tire of calling it off cause everyone else did. Last few fishing trips anyone that wants to go with us we warn them, we go fishing no matter the weather. We only stop if it's a thunder storm or worse, and even then we like to try and wait it out. Ever since we started do this we've had a lot more sunny fishing days, guess mother nature gave up trying to spoil our day.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I never think of fishing when I think of Australia. I think of crocodiles and Kangaroos. I think of iron mines.

What kind of fish do you have down there?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Fish bite best in bad weather.
If it's windy and raining, they don't expect anyone to be dipping poles.

My experience with bad weather fishing indicates that fresh water fish tend to bite when the atmospheric pressure drops just before a storm, when the wind kicks up.
Salt water, not so much, IMO.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jazzguy

got that . So i would guess because tomorrow is cancelled it would be imprudent to announce that i am aiming for next friday .

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Generally speaking we have waterproof fish . No seriously it depends where you are .Northern waters the main target would be barramundi , excellent fighting and eating ,southern water probably snapper or whiting which is also great eating .Calamari are a popular target of piers and boaties alike . Whole another website to go through them all .

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Exactly the conditions here today . Grrrr

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Yes it really annoying . A theory of mine is that it ai a 28 day cycle tied up with moon .Of course the tides are caused by that cycle .Leap years are only there to bring the good weather back in line with the cycle.It is a conspiracy .lol

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Generally speaking we have waterproof fish . No seriously it depends where you are .Northern waters the main target would be barramundi , excellent fighting and eating ,southern water probably snapper or whiting which is also great eating .Calamari are a popular target of piers and boaties alike . Whole another website to go through them all .

Barramundi from Wiki: The species is sequentially hermaphroditic, with most individuals maturing as males and becoming female after at least one spawning season

I don't know if I would want to eat those, it might rub off.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Barramundi is sold in like every supermarket and fish store and most resteraunts, all fish and chip shops etc it is probably one of the most eaten fish here! maybe second to snapper as its a bit cheaper.

it is really good though In my opinion we have some of the best seafood in the world.

top topics

join