It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Fed Will End QE On Wednesday.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

More please. Details..

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Just a personal observation.

When I was stationed in Germany, I'd track the Euro against the dollar. When Wall Street tanked, the dollar would actually gain against the euro.

When Wall Street climbed, the dollar would lose value against the euro.

I noticed it because it flew against convention. If Wall Street gained, then I was under the assumption that the dollar grew stronger. But Wall Street is so heavily invested in the European market, that it's actually the opposite.
edit on 29-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Have you seen how low gas prices are getting?

Is there a correlation?

Is a bigger move coming?

I remember when Obama had just been elected in 2008, gas prices dropped low. I was naive and thought maybe it was a good thing, but someone told me that it was a sign that the economy was in really bad shape, "like the calm before the hurricane", he said. He was right.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Any reason to think that's happening now?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Interesting observation. Can't say I'm surprised it actually seems like a smart move.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Because they want America gone by 9/16/2016 (which happends to be the aniversary of the 2008 collapse). All the signs are there. You dont support a failing economy with QE, then rip it away when it is at its most vulnerable point. We are under the burden of a new fabricated war in the works, a socialized healthcare system we cant afford, the possible of multiple epidemics, and the emergence of a competing monetary super power (BRICS).

This smells like controlled demolition.

This article is forecasting oil to drop as low as $75 a barrel in 2015. They say its a result of supply and demand, but is that true, or is it really a pre-fab story for a near future economic depression?

www.cnbc.com...

Im not a marketing expert, but why cheap oil now? With all the turmoil in the world, especially considering ISIL, I would expect high prices. They know a depression is comming and they are dressing it up ahead of time so that we wont recognize it.
edit on 29-10-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added text

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

But inflation is what's killing the middle class.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yes, inflation brought on by QE, (and Obama Care). I wasnt fond of QE in the first place, but now that we are addicted to it, the banks are going to clam up once the remaining QE money is depleted.

Its like a drug addiction. You ween yourself off, not cold turkey. We should have faced the problem in 2008 with tax cuts and budget cuts, but instead we hesitated, and now its worse.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Now that we are producing our own gas won't that act as a deflationary measure and actually reverse the trend? Or will that just increase profits?

That means doing business should be more cost effective across the board.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

In theory, it should. Healthy supply and demand is good, but I dont know enough about the market to judge either way. Obama is not an oil advocate, so it seem out of character for the US Govt to allow this business to do any good. Either way, that money goes to oil Corporations, Wallstreet and taxes. It may give us good gas prices, but if jobs are outsourced and special tax breaks are given, there is no real benefit to the US economy. The Free Trade Agreement, and World Trade Organization already divert most of our domestic oil to foreign countries...thank you Ronald Reagan.

It certainly wont drop healthcare prices, or food prices. Nor will it reduce the tax burden.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join