It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm thinking I might grow a beard.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

chicks dig it!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Based on my 65 years of living with uncut armpit and leg hair, I can report that it never got itchy for me. But maybe I'm a freak of nature.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Okay, after an intense day of deep thinking about whether to grow a beard during my first year of becoming officially old (65, some new, I'm now old government pension money is entering my bank account as I type this!) , I have made the difficult decision to not grow a beard.

Why is that, you ask? The answer is that I like the feeling of the breeze on the skin of my face, even when it's somewhat cold. Now when it's really cold, then I want the beard. But I live on the west coast of B.C. near Vancouver. It's like Seattle, Almost never VERY cold. The fact that I look like a homeless man when I grow a beard hardly occurred to me when I was making the decision.

But I still like the idea of leaving natural hair to grow in peace. Maybe I'll do it when I get really old

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I think its better suited to a Facebook entry.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You should do what makes you happy and ignore others if they have something to say about it. Personally, I'd never be able to grow a beard. If the modern world ended before I died I'd sharpen a rock just to rid myself of it. I've always hated hair. Ever since high school it has done nothing but irritate my skin and I always used to have problems with my skin getting oily and flaky, even with long stubble on my head. To my surprise, after I started shaving my head several years ago I noticed that my skin problem disappeared, but will re-appear if I even grow my hair 1/8 inch.

I like when women are smooth just because of personal preferences. I don't think that is unnatural. After all, having no hair seems to be the natural evolutionary path that humans are on. We've been losing more and more hair over the past thousands of years and it will continue to progress that way because we just don't really have a need for it. We now adapt to environments in other ways, so although it's still natural to let it grow, it's also becoming more and more natural to not have any. I say if you're doing it just to be more in tune with nature, nature is beginning to go the other direction and I wouldn't base any decision on that. If you're doing it for yourself, that's the best reason to. Going without deodorant is natural too but even if society tried to force me the other way, I'd still use deodorant even if I had to make my own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join