It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm thinking I might grow a beard.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I *$!$ing adore your avatar. I would totally grow a beard for you. Or shave one, as the case may be.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Nuff said.

Go the beard. Trust me, you'll never look back.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I admit that I really like a guy with a well maintained Van Dyke. When beards get scruffy they are nasty but a classic Van Dyke is really nice.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I have a hairy face, but then again I am a mouse. I question why we are led to believe that natural is not good in the society we live in. I think it is about stimulating the economy, look how big a business these unnatural practices generate when combines. Look at the perfume industry and the people making money with those chemicals too.

We have been led to believe a lie. Now I see nothing wrong with trimming ones hair a bit, but it has gone way overboard and requires us to spend money to do this stuff.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think you are right OP but I also couldn't stand a woman with hairy legs ugh... Why? I really dunno... Couldn't explain it if I tried... Even if I brush up against a woman with stubbly legs it makes me cringe... Oh and if they have a mustach forget about it lmao...

But again you are right! How about clothes? It's unatural for us to wear clothes... Practical when cold yes but still unatural! But if you walked around naked you would be the weirdo lol... People would say what about the kids etc... My son loves nothing more than to be naked! lol And because of societal pressures we would hurridly try and clothe him. But really it's wrong! If he wants to be naked he should be... So long as its not too cold but then he would say hes cold.

I dunno this life we live is pretty weird most the time when you look at it.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
a reply to: droid56

I'll just leave that here...

That's exactly how I felt last time I shaved my beard off. I swore never again, and it's been growing ever since.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: Shuye

I'll just leave that here...

That's exactly how I felt last time I shaved my beard off. I swore never again, and it's been growing ever since.

Wait shaving makes you lose your nose, scars vanish and you regain sight in damaged eyes!!!??? Who knew XD

Only kiddin, I couldn't grow a beard, tickles like hell and annoys me! Thats the time I shave lol... Don't shave everyday, just when it gets annoying lol

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've had a beard from time to time, the longest period being for more than a dozen years.
That beard, started in student days, stopped one bad habit and started another one.
The bad habit which it stopped was drinking coffee out of the wrong side of the mug, so that I could drink without raising my head, and continue reading. That practice quickly came to a halt when the beard was long enough to start dipping into the coffee.
The new bad habit was nibbling on the end of the beard while thinking (natural enough if you hold your chin).

I have a theory that shaving only happens when women have some influence on society, if only behind the scenes.
If women are completely without power, then men don't bother.
Thus there was a bearded society through most of the Middle Ages, when women had little power, giving way to more feminine influence and clean-shaven faces from about 1700 onwards.
There was a bearded phase interrupting this progress in the late Victorian era.
The hippies of the 60's were notoriously bearded, and I've heard that the movement was not very feminist, so that would fit.
edit on 29-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
And this idea that we men must scrape the naturally occurring hair from our faces on a daily basis seems to me to be denying our natural existence.

Same for you women. Why must you scrape hair off of your armpits and your legs just because society says it must be done? Don't get me going on makeup.

Agree 100%! I can't figure out why people do it!

I LOVE beards on a man! I love hair, in fact. I am a female and I stopped shaving and wearing makeup in about 1985. I've never regretted it.

Would love to see b4 and after pics!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
Even if I brush up against a woman with stubbly legs it makes me cringe...

If a woman stops shaving, she doesn't have stubby legs. Mine is barely there, blonde and very soft. You can't feel it and it's virtually invisible.

I know... TMI, but important.

edit on 10/29/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Beards are fun...i got one going now...have a few times in my life...you just gotta get past that itchy stage and then from there decide if you will trim it or let it go wild...you'll make the right choice because you are manly now!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I would say "Go for it !!"...

Comes fall, every year, I grow a beard. It's like a tradition for me. Right now, it's about a month old. The itching, as has been said, is really annoying but if you get through it, the look and the feel is rewarding. I keep it trimmed and well groomed though, as I own my own business and don't want to look like a bum. Then it comes off comes spring time as I prefer to feel the warm sun on my skin.

So give it a try...if you can't stand it, you can always shave it..

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Meee32
Even if I brush up against a woman with stubbly legs it makes me cringe...

If a woman stops shaving, she doesn't have stubby legs. Mine is barely there, blonde and very soft. You can't feel it and it's virtually invisible.

I know... TMI, but important.

LOL Yeah probably a little XD hahah But thanks for sharing all the same!

I dunno I think my point was if stubble makes me like that imagine full on hair XD

I do however think blondes have it easier as you say you can't see it and it tends to not be as wirery (is that even a word XD If it is most likely spelt wrong lol)... I do feel silly for feeling that way about something that is natural and I wish I knew how to stop feeling like it but just can't help it... I feel the same about fat, I just can't stand it XD A little podge okay, but full on fat I just couldn't do.

It is pretty shallow really but I guess we must have these certain attractions for a reason... The fat one is pretty logical I think as it is generally unhealthy to be fat but hair... I dunno it's crazy... Probably some form of psychological conditioning.

With that said I applaud you for having the courage to break the norm and to do what pleases you and not only that but to talk about it on an open forum as well! You go girl!

EDIT: I'd just like to add that I have sisters we all have dark hair and even as children you could see my younger sisters tash, when we would fight I would always tease her by saying go have a shave, come on I'll show you how... XD I know, I'm mean! But maybe this is how it started, the idea women should remove hair I dunno lol

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Women started shaving as a result of razor companies' desire to sell their product. ADVERTIZING is why women shave today. I just found that our in the past year or so.

Source

Harper’s Bazaar magazine ran an ad that same year with copy next to a woman wearing a sleeveless dress and hairless pits saying, “Summer Dress and Modern Dancing combine to make necessary the removal of objectionable hair.”

Harper’s Bazaar, a magazine that targeted society’s upper-crust, decided it was cool and like sheep we said, “OK.”

Anti-armpit hair campaigns took the nation by storm the following years and by 1922 Sears began to sell disposable razors along with their sleeveless dresses.

Why is women's hair "objectionable" and men's hair something to be proud of? I haven't a clue. I had one boyfriend who was uncomfortable with it in in public, but in private, he was fine with it... but the others have been 100% supportive.

OK, that's enough about my hair.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah that would make sense! When reading the word objectionable I did wonder if the feeling that womens hair was wrong before that, but I guess it just shows how good advertising is! lol

Today even men are shaving their armpits and legs and other regions we won't mention! XD

I even tried in once! Hell no!!! (not the legs though XD) Never again, was itchy as anything lmao!!!

But yeah anything to make a buck and sell products! There was an advert in the UK about mobile phones... And it had people hiding their old phones because they were ashamed! Same deal still going on today it seems!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I stopped shaving.

I now only use a beard trimmer to keep the beard kempt and any where I don't want the beard to be I trim that off.

Razors always irritate.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Do whatever feels right for you, sounds like you've find home.
A great beard can be very nifty.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, my grandmother had moustache. I loved her but hated to kiss her.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've had a beard or goatee since August '96. In just the past 5 years I've gone full beard. Wife hated it at first and was constantly wanting me to go back to the goatee. I told her if I shave anything, it all comes off but she didn't listen. Off it came and as soon as I looked in the mirror I knew I had won. I looked F'n 25 again. Wife makes me keep it short-er now and I only trim it down when I look like something that just wandered in off the farm. (ETA: Although the wildman of the forest look is kinda starting to grow on me. (Sorry about that pun))

I wont go back to shaving for any reason now. I don't even think about the itch anymore, in all honesty the lack of itch would drive me crazy now. Enjoy the beard.

peace

edit on R092014-10-29T16:09:19-05:0004pmWed, 29 Oct 2014 16:09:19 -050029PM by RichardA because: decided not to say that.

edit on R132014-10-29T16:13:28-05:0004pmWed, 29 Oct 2014 16:13:28 -050029PM by RichardA because: had a really horrible pun to add.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Rockin mine right now.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join