It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Legend of Zelda Symbolism (Represents: Trinity, Aliens, Elemental Magic, and more)

page: 1

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:58 PM
The spiritual belief The Legend of Zelda is called "The Triforce". These are three golden triangles, two side by side and one above which forms an even greater triangle and it represents The Trinity as understood in The Legend of Zelda:

Attribute - Name - Element - Color

Power - Din - Fire/Earth - Red

Associated with:
rhythm, the change of seasons, dancing, GORONS

Wisdom - Nayru - Water - Blue

Associated with:
(meta)physicalphysical laws, space/time, string instruments (harp, etc.), singing, ZORAS

Courage - Farore - Wind - Green

Associated with:
life, forests, creators of all races, wind instruments (ocarina, flute, etc.), KOKIRI/DEKU

The trinity uses their powers in three main ways

Din's Fire which is an attack that spreads fire for protection against many enemies.

Naryu's Love which creates a shield for protection.

Farore's Wind which carries a person from one location to another (teleportation).

The races of Hyrule (The Zelda Universe) represents aliens.

Fairies = Angels
(They are orbs of Light)

Kokiri = Fairies
(They are young human-like beings who never grow old)

Hyrulians = Pleiadians
(Tall humans with pointy ears, blond hair and blue eyes)

Gorons = Humans
(They are never very intelligent and live in caves)

Deku = Plant life

Zora = The Grays
(They have a gray slightly blue skin with almond black eyes)

Gerudo = Reptilians in general
(They are very secretive, use manipulation for selfish gain (theft) and don't look like normal humans)

Ganondorf = Draco Reptilian
(Has green skin and a black/purple aura, only cares for power, pretends to be human but can transform into a beast)

The Zelda Universe is very interesting. I just wanted to share all of the symbolism I noticed with all of you.

edit on 28-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:19 AM
Oh, I noticed a lot of very weird symbology in the Zelda series.
Same with Mario.
However, the same could go with most popular games out there. The messages are either apart of the narrative, or hidden in symbology within the tapestry of the game.

In the game Majora's Mask, I remember when I "sold the last mask", the creepy mask dealer gave me "The Mask of Truth". To my dismay, it had the 3 triangles acting as a crown for the "All Seeing Eye".

What I've found, looking at most popular movies/games/music, it becomes difficult to ignore the very similar philosophies being taught in regards to the esoteric/occult.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:26 AM
a reply to: ThinkingCap

What I've found, looking at most popular movies/games/music, it becomes difficult to ignore the very similar philosophies being taught in regards to the esoteric/occult.

So true.
Mario has The Star that gives invincibility = pentagram used for protection
Bowser lives underground "tunnels" and represents a reptilian creature with horns.
The flower that lets him shoot fireballs = marijuana

and of course the "mushroom" is a direct reference to certain type of mushrooms.

Majora's Mask has to be one of the darkest Zelda games. It can even be seen as a metaphor for Link accepting his death:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:47 AM
Thanks for the post. I've been noticing how much actual information and messages are hidden in media, whether it's music, movies, books, or video games. It seems like all of life's answers exist already in bits and pieces. We've gotten so used to the idea of entertainment being solely for entertainment. We forget that the origin of stories and songs and such is that they were the way we passed along important information in our more primitive days.

I've never thought deeply into Zelda since I mostly played when I was pretty young. I just enjoyed the obvious stuff like the elementals. I don't like that you equate the Gerudo with reptilians though since they're my favorite race. That's probably biased since the Gerudo Valley music is the best midi ever

I have noticed a lot of symbolism in games of late. The everquest universe is my favorite but too bad to get into.

In WoW I've noticed a ton of very very timely issues being laid out. The whole us vs them dynamic of Horde vs Alliance and the idea of endless war being counterproductive for starters. The Pandaria expansion brings this to the forefront. Again the game is pretty vast and there tons of minor things in there, like use of torture for example.

I'm really considering grabbing an Xbox One since Destiny seems to have some amazing lore with very huge issues hidden in it. I only know a little since I only have the internet to help me and personal experience always trumps reading. The main thing though seems to be the idea that the players (aligned with Earth) were given a massive boost in technology by an unknown deity like being known as the Traveler. We colonized many other planets and seemed to be in a utopia. Somehow it all fell apart when the enemies of the Traveler (known as the Darkness) destroyed our civilization and nearly drove us to extinction. The Traveler sacrificed itself to protect us and now we fight for ourselves under his banner.

I'm really not doing the plot justice but essentially a major fan theory is that we are the bad guys and the Traveler was evil. This is interesting to me since people always think their own side is the good team. It has a very I Am Legend feel to it. Either way I really wanna see where it goes.

Hopefully I didn't go too off topic. Once again great post

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:58 AM
a reply to: tavi45

I don't like that you equate the Gerudo with reptilians though since they're my favorite race.

In Ocarina of Time, Ganandorf, who has the green skin and black/purple aura, was the leader of the Gerudo tribe but he betrayed them. He (with all of these reptilian features) was one of them.

I'm not saying all reptilians are bad though, so that associated shouldn't be considered "bad".

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:02 AM
a reply to: arpgme

I'm pretty weak on alien/reptilian style stuff. I thought all the reptilian stuff was that they were totally evil and bent on enslaving humans? Oh and hiding among us?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:15 AM
a reply to: tavi45

Yea, that's what people say. People like to generalize, but not all are the same way.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:22 AM

yeah zelda seems to have these so is mario (like TCap mentioned)

i like symbolism in games...
very interesting and easy to miss..

xeno and chrono series are also interesting but more open in exploring these ideas.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:28 AM
a reply to: dodol

Chrono Trigger has a lot of Biblical symbolism. Here is a video about it:

Game Theory is really good with all of this symbolism.

I think Zelda was originally supposed to be Christian too. That's why in the first Zelda, Link had a Cross on his shield and they believe in The Triforce (The Trinity).
edit on 29-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:36 AM

Are you taking about reptilians or Gerudo? :p

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:18 AM
I daresay that's correct. It's heavily based on Japanese pagan folklore and also Ainu folklore. Shintoism and Buddhism also heavily influenced it.

The fairies and such are based on Shinto forest spirits, for example

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:04 AM
Its common through out a lot of games, using folklore, or even religions mythical creatures for the games story and development.

The more recent one I can think of is how Dark Souls is kind of setup, where the covenants relate to pagan Gods and what not. The final boss Gywn, seems to be heavily based of Zeus, with the signature lightning bolt.

The Final Fantasy series is pretty good at doing this to, and can be seen throughout various games whether monster, boss, or summon. The more popular FF7 the final boss, Safer Sephiroth, design is based off a Seraphim which originally came from the O.T. He even has a move called "Pale Horse", and its a blue comet hitting the playable characters.The summons are also heavily based of popular deities or creatures, from the re-occurring Ifrit and Shiva, to even the Zodiac for FF12.

I believe it depends on how these traditional believes are presented in the game that really makes the game more...mythical I guess you could say. Sure you could have game makers putting the "All seeing one eye" symbol in alot of games, but the game makers probably put in little meaning or relate to their original meanings, or even for the game for that matter. However, sometimes I think it gets to exaggerated.

If I wanted, I could look at the Lord of the Rings for Aliens. Elves could be the Pleaidians and the Orcs could the Reptilians.
Also you never get to see a black elve.

Btw, I hate those new age...Gods.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

Legend of Zelda games are based off alot of mixed mythologies and folklore, mainly King Arthur, since the master sword stuck in a stone and has to pulled by a king(or hero in that case). Also female Fairies being found in lakes or pools, Ganon looking like a giant Saytr like pig(the devil) to Fierce Deity Link whose nickname is "Oni Link" for serious Zelda fans.

new topics