It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somewhere in Australia...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Most likely a bore water reservoir for cattle.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
But this just reminded me, I never heard of any Australian archeology, is there any? There should be, right? Does anybody have a hint?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
With the aboriginals being a nomadic society like in Africa there have been no significant ruins to look for in Australia..

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

But there are archeologists in America studying the campgrounds of the native Americans.
And this might come across silly, but I was listening to the Lovecraft audiobook and he mentions a monument in Australia, so I thought maybe in the desert something like a gathering place for all tribes or whatever should be there, right?
It just seems a bit weird, in Africa are also old places, back to the cavern drawings and what not, something is to be found everywhere, why not in Australia?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The Australian aboriginals are extremely spiritual and a lot of their culture is secretive and hidden about their "dreamtime"..Spiritual places exist by ways of waterholes or caves where rock art is found..Its a deep rabbit hole to go down..As I said their culture is extremely nomadic as with Australia is 85% semi arid desert and the country is vast.
Aboriginal housing

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Thanks. That's some pretty interesting stuff.

A mind travelling religion always makes cool art.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
These reservoirs are all over the world. I tried to map out (some of) the ones in Australia (thread here) but it received little attention and was eventually derailed. Also, many of these are featured in Gary Schoenung's "Ruins of the Old Earth" GE videos.

IMO They were built long before the recording/forging of ancient and modern history. Modern people have build their homes and communities around them and adapted them for modern use, but they also appear in river basins that appear to have been dry for a very long time. I think more people are starting to notice them though

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yeah, my first thought was a dam or bore/pump site. I believe the area is over the "Great Artesian Basin".

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Those things are water dams for stations. You have to remember some of our stations have a land mass greater than most US states.

Its a built up earthen bearm, usually 3 - 4m high. A bore is sunk do the Artesian Basin and used to keep the damn full for cattle as they wander.

That one looks dry, most likely as the station has that area closed off to cattle to keep them contained.

In terms of strange things in the outback, i'll have to dig through my photos and vids from my time flying in the outback as a charter pilot, say alot of weird things, and odd places

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join