It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Secretary Johnson announces tighter security at federal buildings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The news comes one week before the midterm elections, amid threats from Islamic State terrorists

government is stepping up security at federal buildings in Washington, D.C., and nationwide, citing enhanced risks of “small-scale attacks by a lone offender.”

“The reasons for this action are self-evident: the continued public calls by terrorist organizations for attacks on the homeland and elsewhere, including against law enforcement and other government officials, and the acts of violence targeted at government personnel and installations in Canada and elsewhere recently

“We are taking this action as a precautionary step, to safeguard U.S. government personnel and facilities, and the visitors to those facilities,”

Homeland Security Secretary Johnson announces tighter security at federal buildings

Ha ha ha sounds like there scared more Eric Freins out there might be gearing up to feed the tree of liberty with tyrants blood.

They leave our borders wide open but Government buildings must be secured and protected. What a joke. There not afraid of terrorists. There afraid of pissed off Americans.

What do you all think?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Elections are next week !!!!

They are biting their nails.

The flutters in their tummies are thumping.

Broken Hearts are fibrillating and palpitating.

FEAR !!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

they probably think by securing federal buildings it will stop ebola...they probably also spent 17 million on a think tank that came up with that idea...
edit on 28-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It's good they are wanting to protect government workers, but at the same time why arent they worried about the common people of the U.S.? After all, the people make the U.S., not the government. Maybe if they pull their heads out of their butts they will see it's the whole country under threat, not just the so called government.
edit on 10/28/2014 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Jesus, don't they already have incredibly overkill security? What's next...

The funny thing is America is supposed to have some of the best, if not the best (It certainly spends enough), yet, looking at the threats since the sitting POTUS has been in office, there have been multiple, multiple blunders, even so far as involving beer & hookers, (not that I can blame them...) but....

...in Canada,

It's a grey haired sergeant of arms, with his side arm, and he says, "Sorry bub! Not on my watch u gonna 'cause any kinda sh**"

And that's the end up it.

His salary, per year - defeats - god knows the millions and billions US spends to prevent the same thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Why even announce it? Will it put off 'lone offenders?' Nope. Will it deter extremists and terrorists? Nope!

Will it make already nervous US citizens more nervous? Yah. Does it tell overseas extremists and haters that the all-powerful Homeland Security is more scared of them than they are of it? Probably.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Haven't they "tightened security" at federal buildings many times since the "war on terror" began? Those buildings should be air and watertight by now. What happened? Did it get all loose again?

I think the only thing that really happens is that they announce that they are "tightening security".

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
maybe they want to take it to this level

😝

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Haven't they "tightened security" at federal buildings many times since the "war on terror" began? Those buildings should be air and watertight by now. What happened? Did it get all loose again?

I think the only thing that really happens is that they announce that they are "tightening security".

Many Federal buildings are public buildings. They house social security offices, federal courts, etc. Outside of D.C., you can pretty much go anywhere you want in a Federal building once you pass through the security checkpoint.

I have not noticed any enhanced security in the Federal building I work in.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hell lets just approve concealed carry in every state and make the b@stards hope Mrs. Gladis doesn't pop one off in your arse.

The way I've seen the elderly drive; I wouldn't won't to get in the way of where they're going.

Not sure where that is but I wouldn't wanna slow em' down.

And the the op. I love your take on it. Who do they REALLY fear? Who has whipped arse in the face of authority and tyranny? Who will do so when the time comes?

top topics

join