It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
A lot of the guys sitting on the side of the road looked they have been sitting on the side of the road for a long, long...long time. Looks like they are piping up out of pure boredom. One or two looked like certified pimps too. 'I just saw a thousand dollars'. lol

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
She was hot NO doubt.
The guys weren't exactly gentlemen but there's no harassment.
Although some guys were creepy (following for blocks)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'd have been fairly annoyed too if I was her, given if I had been born a lady, but lived and retained knowledge from a past life as a guy? A lot of these wouldn't have been Genuine. Almost all of them are just "holler back at me" rather than anything Genuine.

My days as a Teenager, nobody wanted anything to do with me
Now my days as a young adult, having physically made myself better, suddenly people "really" do. Weird how that works, hard to believe any compliment or approach by ladies is genuine and without ulterior motives. No offense.

As for the lady? Harassment? Probably not. I'm aware it's a video, but I'd be annoyed with the amount of flakery shown.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

In my younger years...yes I did get this crap.....to the point of annoyance. It can also be a little frightening just so you guys who think doing these obnoxious cat calls is somehow enticing to a woman. It's not!! I was followed and even touched sometimes (scary!!) And please...just because it's summertime and I was wearing a summer dress - that met office protocol - does not mean I wanted lewd remarks said to me.

It seems like some men think it's funny or their right to harrass women. It's not! I'm done with my rant now..

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm sort of amazed so many people here think this woman is all that hot. She seems very average to me. A little mannish in the face too.

Meh, to each his own.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I'm sort of amazed so many people here think this woman is all that hot. She seems very average to me. A little mannish in the face too.

Meh, to each his own.

Australians are the hottest: surfer bodies & perfect tans

The hottest girl I've ever met was this African girl from Morocco. She looked like a princess with the most gorgeous body, silky hair and green eyes. She was totally approachable too.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm a guy, and even I had some weird encounters with people when I was in Manhattan. The last time I was there it was below freezing one day, and there was a naked guy running through Central Park. I mean give me a break. That was pretty funny though, lol. And then I got a counterfeit $10 bill in change at a fast food place, lol. Then the transit officer saw me trying to put it in the EZ pass machine, and was like "that's fake." The machine wouldn't take it, and that is when I realized it, and she told me to go up to one of the kiosks and spend it, which I did.

Anyway, a lot of guys do not realize that most women do not want guys barking at them. Even girls who are not that attractive often get this from guys many times per day. Or at least that is what I have seen and been told by girls I've talked to about it. I think it also depends on how big of a city you live in. There are going to be more creepy guys in larger cities. I imagine that sometimes these ladies feel threatened, especially when a guy comes up and is all in their personal space, or is aggressive. Aggressive is bad when the woman does not know who you are, or what your intentions are. Women overseas are a bit more laid back about stuff like this, at least in Europe, but I suppose it depends on the country. In some countries these guys will be ignored, or even insulted, while in others the ladies do not seem afraid or the guy or worried about him. But maybe a lot of it has to do with the individual woman and how she thinks and feels.

I've gone up and talked to many women that I didn't know, and I have had many more successes than failures. Much of this is likely because I do not approach a lady at a horrible time. Walking up to a woman who is walking on the street is not something I've ever done, because that is not a good time in my opinion. And one has to be extremely careful how they present themselves. What you say is sometimes not important at all, while at other times it is the most important thing. But saying some of the stuff that these guys in the video said is always a no-no. You don't go up and act like you're after a dog in heat, ever. You never do that. The ONLY way it would work is if you happened to catch a girl who simply wanted to sleep with a guy, like right then, and that rarely happens. You are more apt to find a woman like this in a club, but even then it is a long shot.

And even IF you find a girl like that, most of the time they still will not just go with any guy who walks up to them, and they will still turn down all but one of the guys anyway, therefore what you say is still probably important. See some of the guys in the video did not make the mistake of saying the wrong thing, but the moment was a horrible one. Why? Because you see how many times the woman had been hit on. The guy is thinking that he is doing her a favor by paying her a compliment, when he's not. See he doesn't realize that he is not the only one approaching the woman. And another mistake is that the guys are obviously interested in her in a sexual manner. Most of the time you do not want to give that impression. Women usually want to feel that the guy is interested in them for other reasons, although again it depends on their mindset and what they're looking for at that particular time. But one of the keys is being "different" in a good way. You cannot do what all these other guys are doing and hope for success, as it will rarely come.

A woman can feel attracted to a guy and still turn him down or refuse to talk to him, depending on how he presents himself. But the attraction itself, the emotion that a woman does or does not feel, is not something she controls. Attraction is not a choice by any means. Any guy ever heard a girl tell a guy something like "you're so nice, and I wish more guys were like you?" Yet they never date that guy...That is called the friend zone, and what it means is that the woman likes the way the guy acts, but she is not attracted to that guy. She might wish that she was, because she really does like how "nice" the guy is...but nice does not create biological attraction. And attraction definitely is biological. Like most other animals, the females wish to mate with the alpha males. And thus why they feel attraction for the alpha males. This does not mean however that the guy has to be aggressive, controlling, abusive, etc...Some of those things will attract a lot of women, but most women still will not end up with a guy like that. The key to creating attraction without the negative aspects is to be confident, plain and simple. To be confident, and not let a woman intimidate you. If a guy can do that, and can treat a woman well without giving up his power, then that is about 3/4 of the battle won. There is a lot more to it, but those are the most basic and important aspects.
edit on 10/28/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/28/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Woman just don’t realize the lustful nature of the male species.

They don’t realize most men would be leering at pretty woman like animals if the peer pressure of society didn’t prevent them

And those who don’t care about such are those whom this lady came upon

I once asked a friend of mine whether he thought woman knew what they were doing to men when they look so good.

The friend said Woman KNOW what their dong.

Of course I am not justifying rude behavior

But the ladies must understand the nature of the beast

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Meh, to each his own.

She's probably hot for her area.

I live in the SOCA beach area not far from Hollywood, CA.

She wouldn't draw much attention here.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If you got it show it. If you don't, cover it up. if you got it and don't want to show it, cover it up! Men will be men.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't think she's undatable or anything, just not someone I would look twice at unless I knew her.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

This is the progressive mindset hard at work again. This woman and the organization she is trying so desperately to make money for are a farce. What is the money going to solve..........It is a lie.

FACT.......saying "hi" to a woman/man is not harassment. Progressives want people to live in fear and this is nothing more than another control point. Just like the anti-bullying campaigns this is designed to weaken the population. And a weak population is ripe for the picking.

The most ironic part about all of this is progressives cry and beg for tolerance......Unless it is something that can further the cause. They are in fact the least tolerant people on earth.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this is something I have experienced my entire life in the U.S. However, this sort of annoying behavior was a lot less common in most European countries, save for behavior from immigrants who come from countries with low views of women in general. But it is common in this country, unfortunately, and I'm glad someone is actually addressing this irritating, invasive crap.

It's just more than a greeting in passing. In the past, when a person said hello, I normally would reply hello back and carry on. However, it seems a large number of the American male population seem to think that a woman smiling and saying hello back is an opening to pester her beyond polite stranger contact. Like, being polite somehow translates into "Oh, yeah, I totally want you." That it is an invitation to get hit on, followed, or otherwise harassed. Especially with older men. It's why when passing a guy on the street, if he says hello, beyond a curt nod, I give no further acknowledgement.

By most people's standards, that makes me a complete "bitch", which is fine by me. The opinions of random strangers, both in the real world and online, concern me not. When I am out and about, I wish to be left alone to my business, not bothered by some idiot who is likely a good candidate for mandatory neutering.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I didn't actually realize there was some campaign until someone pointed it out. Don't agree with the campaign. Freedom of speech and whatnot.

I think the video is interesting, and the responses in this thread amusing.

So many people in this thread seem to think that saying hey beautiful and the like are just common greetings. It's the same as whistling at a woman or cat calling out a car window. It's just idiotic machismo. It's rude. It's not a nice greeting, it's a suggestive greeting. Anyone who doesn't see that is either willfully ignorant or living in a tiny little town. Come on guys, Seattle isn't even big and I know these aren't just pleasantries.

I certainly don't think this should be illegal, I just think it's a jackass move. These guys aren't greeting every passerby, they focus on women they find attractive. Guarantee if you walked the same route this chick did and were fat (I thought her proportions were off but whatever) or a guy, or just ugly you wouldn't get the same response. This isn't chivalry.

There is a huge difference between passing someone in the supermarket and saying "Hello" and what is seen in this video.

Guys, imagine that was your wife. Ladies, imagine it was you.

I'm not supporting any cause, I'm sharing a video of guys acting like morons. I'm worried for any dude that thinks this is acceptable behavior, and very worried for any woman that does. These are not cordial greetings. Watch it again.

A woman should be able to walk down the street without a bunch of assholes making comments.

I'm still amazed that female members are so ready to chalk this up to friendly men on the street.

I've drawn some conclusions, but I'll keep them to myself.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Soon women will start a campaign against husbands who want sex...

The area she was walking in didn't look very savioury, I'm sure if she walked around in Armadale dressed like that she'd get a lot worse.

She's also pretty hot, at-least I think so.
Tight black shirt with large breasts is going to gather much male attention.

In the end,big deal! Do we need a campaign on this? nothings going to stop it, its animal nature! If you really cannot handle men looking at you, saying hello, giving you a wolf whistle then move to Saudi Arabia and see how bad it is there.

me, I'd never wolf whistle at a girl in the street or say anything untoward. if she says hi, ill say hi back and smile.
I don't think its a great way of getting a girls attention.. hand her a single flower you picked from the garden or smile at her..

edit on am208318292014-10-29T02:08:47-05:00022014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well, she was walking through some pretty crap areas. Most of the comments were innocent enough, but clearly some misogyny is alive and kicking in some places.

However, in context, if she was walking through Cairo she'd been sexually harassed physically, and in Saudi she would have been arrested!

Regards

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This doesn't happen to everyone. She has sort of big boobs, a form fitting t-shirt, curvy hips and sort of big ass; black and latino guys love a big ass. She seems to also be walking through some ghetto-ish areas. Also black and latino guys (not exclusively) seem to have fun feeling some sort of camaraderie amongst the guys by saying something to a pretty girl walking by; it also confirms their 'manliness', by saying something, which they like to be known to others.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'd have loved it if a very large group of gay men had followed her and gave 'it'back to those rude unevolved specimens to see how they felt being on the receiving end.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I get tired of being objectified by women for my looks, I just wish they could understand real beauty is on the inside. I'm not here just to be Gawped at. It makes me feel uneasy. Still I am who I am. I can't really change the way I look. Still it would be nice not to just be treated like a piece of meat and to be respected for who I am.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So, it states there were 100 incidents of harassment over 10 hours - as some members have expressed most people wouldn't consider most of this incidents to be actual harassment. 10 instances of supposed harassment every hour, and if we look at how many of those were malicious or clearly with some sort of intent I'd guess that the rate would stand at one time every ten minutes.

I just feel the video exaggerates the problem at hand, at the end of the day there was no touching nor was there any instance of the supposed harasser continuing when told to stop as she simply didn't make any replies. Yes I will acknowledge there is indeed a problem with certain incidents in the video. Human nature is sexual - we cannot get away from that fact that the broad majority have a sex drive, I'm not trying to justify the fact that it's ok - it's not - but throughout all of history humanity has been this way and I believe that it will last into the perpetual future. Where does it stop, will I be allowed to look at people on the street anymore or to randomly speak to anybody?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join